New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Prelim Game Results March 10th

+4
goldenbear
EBlessNHSP
tarrier
Tuesday and Friday
8 posters

Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty Prelim Game Results March 10th

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I just wanted to provide a new thread for what I'm sure will be a healthy amount of postings of the 8 prelim games being played tonight. I get the distinct feeling some of these games feel more like Quarterfinals than Prelim games, especially Central at West and Salem at Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty Prelims

Post  tarrier Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Just an FYI that if u have the internet you can listen to LIVE STREAMING coverage of all 8 of tonight's boys Class L prelims and the Class M boys final between 6 and 10pm via WGAM's NH High School Sports website www.fnlnh.com

It's FREE and you can listen ON DEMAND on your schedule at any time.

Another VERY COOL feature is our twitter feed...Say you are going to one of the games, but still want to know what's going on at the other games?...If you have a web enabled phone...you can follow them ALL at

www.twitter.com/wgamfnl

I'll be at West/Central and will have a full report up here later on. Enjoy!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty Re: Prelim Game Results March 10th

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:49 pm

WGAM does a good job on their Twitter feed, they get call-ins from the games and usually post quarterly updates. Unfortunately I have a prior engagement for much of the evening but I'll be on later tonight and posting scores here in the forum the minute I hear them. Good luck to all the teams tonight!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Results so far at 8:36

Bishop Guertin over Alvirne 66-54

Dover over Nashua North 66-58

Pinkerton over Spaulding 48-36
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Londonderry over Merrimack 53-47

Not sure if Watson played, but if he did this is a pretty major upset for a team that looked like the clear cut #1 during the middle of the season. If he didn't play it makes a little more sense, but the Tomahawks you think still should have won this game.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Merrimack lost wow

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Trinity lost also

wow

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Another upset - Exeter takes down Trinity on the road 63-57. Hate to say I told you so. They played them tough in the regular season and without Stevens to spread the defense it was going to be a tough win. Another #1 team during the season goes out. This sets up a Dover vs. Exeter matchup IN Dover.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Winnacunnet wins by 7 over Goffstown, pretty close game, I wonder if it was as close as the score indicates: 57-50.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 pm

things just opened up for Pinkerton

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Dover as well...they've got a nice route to Durham with a home game against Exeter.

Manchester Memorial beats Salem 59-56 in Overtime.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Winny had control whole game, but started to showboat in the 4th qtr, a winny player got a technical and the goffstown player made 4 ft in a row, backed up by multiple threes!
Ugly 4th qtr for winny, but pulled out the win

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHhoopfan Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Memorial game was sloppy (many missed free throws, turnovers and poor rebounding), but it was very exciting and intense. Also, to say the officiating was suspect would be an understatement!

NHhoopfan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty prelims

Post  tarrier Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 pm

West beat Central 57-50. Valentin had 21 to lead the way. Wickey and LaCount combined for only 15 for Central. More on this game later.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty Make a point to attack someone other than me for complaining about the refs

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 pm

When I question a call I get attacked. Lets see if T and F goes after NHHOOPFAN with the same vigor that he attacks me. I just want to know if I am special or not.

Great game by both teams. Hard fought scrappy battle that could have gone either way. You could see why these teams were the 8-9 seeds. They were very evenly matched.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Thought I was going to see an upset at bg tonight, but a run right before the half allowed them to take a 1 point lead going into half and semi-strong 3rd quarter squashed that. I thought after a few buckets that this game might be a rout, I thought this because Alvirne couldn't even inbound the ball on the press and when they finally got it in they just looked like they had to spend every ounce of energy to get it up and looked very out of control. This was neutralized by bg's inability to finish as they couldn't set up the press. Throughout the rest of the 1st and majority of the 2nd quarter Alvirne got under control and led by about 7-9 pts led by Joe O'hearn. Alvirnes 3-2 zone was also causing problems for bg forcing bad shots couldn't get it inside, and when they did break the zone they couldn't finish for the life of them, and the only reason they kept the game close was Alvirnes inability to rebound BG got SOOOO many extra shots. BG closed the 2nd quarter on a 9-0 run i think, I may be wrong but something like that and they went up 29-28 this run was all within the the last minute, minute and half. Very Physical 1st half and game, lots of fouls but they weren't touch fouls they were hard fouls but for the most part the refs were consistent. Bg's struggles may have been due to Connor Greens struggles got up about 10-11 shots and made about 2-3 and like 4 airballs, he got his shot at will but just couldn't finish.

The 2nd half Alvirne went man, and I think that was when they lost the game. Although the game stayed within 5-7 points the whole way, with them in man it felt like Alvirne would never have a chance to regain that lead. O'hearn who probably finished with about 20-23 pts, continued to score but had limited help. Sweeny was in some foul trouble in the first half and got it going a little in the 2nd but was limited finished with about 10 pts this game was just far to fast for him. Moyen and Donnely were non factors, and Connor picked it up in this half scoring about 15 pts this half still had some struggles, but along with Mcclung dropping about 20pts and St. Lawrence doing just about everything they proved to be to much for Alvirne.

Back to top Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty Prelim coverage

Post  tarrier Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:02 am

All of WGAM's coverage from tonight's 8 Class L prelim games is now up on the link below. It is worth the listen. I reccommend starting with hour # 3 when the games start nearing the final minutes. You'll get some coaches interviews as well and an early preview of Sat night. Enjoy and congrats to the winners!

www.fnlnh.com

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:04 am

Memorial 59 Salem 56 in OT

Salem - 14 12 11 11 5 - 56
Mem - 12 17 17 5 8 - 59

Not your normal 8 vs 9 game with both teams coming in with records of 12 - 6. Usually, an 8 vs 9 game involves teams with 10 - 8, 9 - 9 or 8 - 10 records. Fitzpatrick and Perry have coached 4 of the last 9 Class L Champions. This game had the potential to be the best game of the night and it was.

Both teams started out slow in this one with missed shots and methodical offenses. LaRosa started off cold which would be a theme for the night. Lorenz took the ball to the hoop strong and had 4 1st period points. Both teams continued to be tight from the field and the line as they combined to go 1 - 9 from the Ft line in the 1st. Gallant was more comfortable on offense in the 2nd period along with Shomari Morgan. Both teams started clicking offensively as Memorial received three 3s from Fitzpatrick(2) and Marchwicz (1). Lorenz was getting fouled taking the ball to the hoop, but he continued to have a tough time at the line.

The teams traded baskets to start the 2nd half. With Memorial up 35 - 31 Shomari Morgan scored 7 points without an answer from Salem as Memorial took their largest lead of the game at 42 - 31. Zenni was clamping down on LaRosa making him work for the 6 points he had in the 3rd. The tems traded baskets and Gallant started pushing towards the paint and hit a couple of FTs to keep Salem within 9 at the end of the 3rd.

LaRosa hit a 2 to bring Salem within 7 with 7;30 left. There was no scoring for the next 2 minutes. A Gallant basket made the score 46 - 41 with 5:20 left. A Klecan steal and basket made it 46 to 43 with 5:10 to go. Now, the game was really starting and it seemed the 2 teams transported themselves to last year's epic semi-final game which was won by Memorial. A Edhem basket made it 48 - 43 with 4:25 left. 5 seconds later a technical was given to Morgan. I'm presuming Shomari didn't agree that Salem's defense was so clean when he drove and missed before Edhem's put back. LaRosa knocks down the 2 FTs to bring Salem within 3. A couple of minutes went by with deliberate offense and missed shots. Matt Couture made a big steal with 2:20 left and was one on one with Gallant. Couture ball faked Gallant up in the air and fell backwards as he was shooting. Amazingly, the shot banked in to give Memorial a 50 - 45 lead. Gallant hit 2 FTs with 1:58 left to bring Salem within 3. Memorial tried holding the ball, but lost control with 1:34 to go and a mad scramble for possession ensued near midcourt. Cormac Fitz did a gold medal winning dive to gain possession and Coach Fitz called TO. Couture took the ball on the inbound pass and drove to the hoop, but missed as McLean fouled Gallant on the rebound. Gallant hits a FT to make it 50 - 48 at 1:28. McLean misses the front end of a 1 and 1 with 1:13 left. Salem holds the ball for the next 47 seconds and then LaRosa drains a 3 with 26 seconds left to give Salem a 51 - 50 lead. With 14 seconds left Zenni is fouled driving to the basket. It's Lorenz's 5th foul. He did not agree with the call and neither did Coach Perry. The ref who made the call went over to the sidelines and explained the call to Perry after he reported the foul to the table. Zenni hits 1 of 2 to tie the game at 51. LaRosa steps on the sideline with 6 seconds left. Memorial gets the ball to Couture for an open 10 footer which was blocked by Klecan. We go into OT.

McLean hits a close shot with 3:40 left 53 - 51. Meisser hits a big 3 to give Salem a 54 - 53 lead with 3:20 left. Fitz hits 2 FTs 55 - 54 Memorial with 3:06 left. Both teams miss shots for the next minute plus. At 1:28 Memorial turned the ball over and Fitz fouls LaRosa. The POY candidate hits both FTs to give Salem a 56 - 55 lead. Morgan makes a nice drive finish to give Memorial a 57 - 56 lead with 1:15 left. Salem misses a shot and Couture drives to the rack and makes a nice pass to McLean who banks it in to give Memorial a 59 - 56 lead with 45 seconds left. Salem calls TO and comes out and takes 32 seconds off the clock before LaRosa hoists up a 3 with 13 seconds left. It did seem strange that Salem took so much time off the clock and condensed the ending of the OT. A battle took place for possession and Couture came up the court trying to keep the ball away from pressure. The ball was tipped and a scrum took place for a jump ball with 1 second left. Arrow for Memorial. They inbound with 1 second and secure a quarterfinal date at Winny this Saturday at 7 pm.

Even though LaRosa had 22 points Zenni played exceptional defense on him. LaRosa really had to work for his points tonight and only had one 3. Salem was inefficient from the line only making 17 - 30. Even though Memorial only scored 5 points from the line they won the 3 ball battle by hitting 5 more 3s than Salem at 8 - 3. When Shomari Morgan plays well this Crusader team is dangerous. This game hung in the balance for the last 4 minutes of regulation and the OT.

Salem: LaRosa 22 Gallant 16 Lorenz 8 Matthews and Meisser with 3 each and Cannone with 2.

Memorial: Morgan 17 Fitz 14 Couture 9 Marchwicz 6 Zenni 5 McLean 4 Edhem 2 Desire 2

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Prelim Game Results March 10th Empty SO MUCH FOR MY THEORY OF NO 1ST ROUND UPSETS

Post  Big Guy Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:49 am

wow,what a way to start.Three of the 4 teams that beat BG are out on the 1st night.My bags were packed for Merrimack,but it looks like lund ave for 1 more,wow.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:53 am

Dimitri Floras scored 25 points in the Londonderry loss last night. I believe this was the best freshman scoring performance in a Class L playoff game since Jordan Laguerre scored 28 points 3 years ago to lead Trinity to a quarterfinal win over Exeter and Jon Pike. That game against Exeter was Laguerre's "coming out party" game where the buzz started. It's interesting to note with rankings, blogs and technology that Dimitri Floras was a known performer long before his 25 point performance last night. Floras had his 25 point game in front of his home crowd in the Merrimack gym. Laguerre had his amazing game at the Lundholm gym at UNH.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down