New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Clippers and D2

3 posters

Go down

Clippers and D2 Empty Clippers and D2

Post  clippafan23 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:51 am

Well the Portsmouth Clippers handled the Spartans on Friday in their own gym while missing one of their starters. It looks like Portsmouth could be this years Milford and run the table. I do not see anyone beating them.

Bedford losing to OR shocked me. I actually had Bedford being a top 3 team this year with their size and the guards getting some experience last year. I still see them being a force as the season goes on.

MV beating Pelham was a shock although I knew MV had some young guys coming up that were solid. I did not think they would get a win like this in game one.

This however is Portsmouth's year and they are not going to lose.

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Clippers and D2 Empty Re: Clippers and D2

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 am

Welcome to the Forum Clippafan. I agree I was surprised to see Bedford lose to Oyster River. It doesn't get any easier for Bedford this week as they host Goffstown tonight and then visit Pelham on Thursday. It looks like Bedford has to rectify their opening night problems in a hurry.

I was impressed with Portsmouth's opening night win without DiCesare. Pembroke was ready for this game as they scrimmaged a lot of tough competition in the pre-season. One thing the opening night of D2 basketball might have shown is that Portsmouth will be stronger and some of the upper echelon D2 teams might not be as strong as the Clippers.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:03 am

Bedford was missing 2 of their bigs, McManus and Larrivee when they lost to Oyster River. I was still surprised they lost that game, but it's not as surprising since those 2 weren't in there (both those guys have gotten a lot better since last year). But yeah, I was also surprised MV beat Pelham, especially at Pelham. MV has pretty much everyone back from a team that went 11-7 last year though, including their best player Justin Abbot (reminds me a lot of Anthony Floras). I also wouldn't be surprised if Portsmouth ran the table, they had a very impressive win on Friday night. I expect it to be Pembroke and Portsmouth in the final and for it to be another great game.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Clippers and D2 Empty Why Missing Bigs

Post  clippafan23 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:14 am

So what happened with the missing big guys for Bedford? We have heard how talented both of these guys are but neither has really made a dent in the high school scene as of yet. Last year they were non existent also. What is the story?

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Clippers and D2 Empty Bedford over Goffstown

Post  clippafan23 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 am

Looks like Bedford got over their first game flu and beat Goffstown tonight. Anyone know if they did that short handed or did they have everyone for this one?

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Another big, who was in the Bedford program last year, 6'7-ish McInerny, decided not to play this year. Some one told me he's playing CYO instead. What is it with 6'6 to 6'8 players being in Bedford all of a sudden?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Clippers and D2 Empty CYO over High School

Post  clippafan23 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:36 pm

CYO over high school ball? What is being cooked in Bedford? They are growing basketball bodies... what is missing?

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Maybe, some guards who can run the point and score on a consistent basis. They lost a pretty good guard last year to prep.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum