New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Thursdays results

+5
JAF
bb603
Tuesday and Friday
nyk
GNG
9 posters

Go down

Thursdays results Empty Thursdays results

Post  GNG Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Salem 14 Dover 9. Dover finishes 10-8, Salem 14-5.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Thursdays results Empty Re: Thursdays results

Post  nyk Thu May 26, 2011 10:10 pm

GNG wrote: Salem 14 Dover 9. Dover finishes 10-8, Salem 14-5.

Nashua North finished up their season with 14-4 win against Manchester West. At least two of the runs were unearned, I think the good weather was part of the problem since our kids aren't used to playing when it's sunny outside! Very Happy They were a little sloppy and will need to clean that up next week.

North struck for 3 runs in the 1st on a walk by Tarantino, double by Karkhanis, single by Leith, and a double by Fortin. Leith scored from 1st, not bad for a catcher! North scored again in the 2nd and had built up a pretty good sized lead. The big blow of the day came from Joe Breen who smashed a line drive rope over the left center field fence. After the 3rd inning, the coach started subbing guys out and by the end of the game, had played everyone.

I'm looking forward to the playoff run and am happy that we'll get at least one more home game at Holman. Can't believe this is my kid's last year of HS ball. Man, where did the time go.

Good luck to all teams and to all graduating seniors.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Thursdays results Empty Memorial Beat Keene!

Post  nyk Thu May 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Congratulations to the Memorial team for taking the long trip out to Keene and coming home with a road win, 6-3. The results are up now (5/26 9:18 p.m. EST) on nhiaa.org and the bottom seeds are established. Memorial is #14, Timberlane is #15, and Trinity is #16.

In fact, if the crazy points system were not in place, Memorial would be the #13 seed with Keene being #14. Keene played one more game against Brattleboro, VT.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu May 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I want Keene not Memorial, let Merrimack deal with sully. Congrats on top seed nyk I hope we meet in the semis. gonna be fun..

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Merrimack can't be too happy with drawing Memorial. They fight to get one of the top seeds and draw one of the better of the pitchers in the state. That's HS baseball.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Thursdays results Empty 14th or 15th

Post  bb603 Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Being a Memorial parent I'm happy that MMHS is in the playoffs, nice to win 3 of the last 4 to end the regular season.

BUT in terms of the standings, if Timberlane beats Spaulding in Rochester tomorrow they will get 5 points and be ahead of MMHS by being 7 - 11 with 33 pointswith MMHS at 7 - 11 with 32 points.

Good game for MMHS tonight with a 6 to 3 win, Zach Beckwith pitched 4 2/3 and Brandon Stevens pitched the last 2 1/3. 2 run homerun for Luke Reynolds.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 am

Good call bb603 if Timby wins they also jump over Keene. They win they are the 12 seed, they lose they are the 15 seed.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 am

With a win Timby finishes with 33 pts or 1.8333, 12 seed and a loss leaves them at 28 pts or 1.5555, 16 seed

With a win Lond finishes with 49 pts or 2.578, 7 seed and a loss leaves them at 44 pts or 2.315, 10 seed

No brackets can be made - yet.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 am

Who would have thought the Timberlane at Spaulding game would have such an impact on the final seeds. Not me. No matter who Guertin plays in the first round if they are fortunate enough to advance they will probably play my darkhorse Pinkerton. To be honest I feel they are a better matchup then Concord would be. Concord impressed me.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm

GNG wrote: I want Keene not Memorial, let Merrimack deal with sully. Congrats on top seed nyk I hope we meet in the semis. gonna be fun..

Sounds like no one wants to face Sullivan! I know no one is implying this, but everyone team has 1 or 2 pitchers that can go the distance and no matter who's facing who. No game is a gimme and just because a team has the higher seed, it doesn't mean they are favored to win. It's gotta be decided between the lines.

Thanks GNG about North, but of course the congrats go to the kids. We lost some big bats and arms last year so it wasn't clear how we'd do this year. The kids hung together and had a good team-first attitude.

I wonder how the NHIAA is going to work out BG's and North's 1st round playoff schedule since both teams will be the home team and both teams use Holman for their games. My understanding is that the NHIAA mandates the games be played at 4 p.m.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Very good question nyk. I would imagine one team would play at 4 at one at 7. If anyone hears anything about start times please post.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  NativeFan Fri May 27, 2011 1:13 pm

I believe the rule mandates 4:00pm unless both teams agree to time change. My opinion, higher seed should have choice of game time. Will be interesting to see if one of the teams coming in will agree to a game under the lights...especially if they have not played under the lights much. Flip side...a 7:00pm start will allow for a larger traveling fan base.

NativeFan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri May 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Native fan is in the house. Welcome to the forum, brother.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri May 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Happens at Stellos for other sports... I believe North will have the choice of 4P or 7P game since they are higher seed.

Opponent for North would be Trinity or Timberlane - travel and fan base probably not an issue... Opponent for BG would be Keene or Timberlane. If Keene, then North could choose 4P to be "nice" to Keene or to ensure larger Keene fan base shows up...

Since North seems to like that 4P start time - that'd be my guess since coaches are after all creatures of habit and overly superstitious...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 pm

GNG wrote: Native fan is in the house. Welcome to the forum, brother.

I thought I was your brother?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri May 27, 2011 7:26 pm

I am just trying to make new posters feel welcome. It used to be this site would be silent for months. I like to feel I had a small part in getting people talking about high school baseball again.
You can be my brother, just want to let you know as a Remillard brother we only have one rule. We lend each other 20k no questions asked, no paperwork, just a handshake. Still interested in being my brother? If you are meet me at the jade tonight and bring 20 grand cash.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Even though The Jade is a very respectable and safe place to have 20K in cash on your body, I'll have to pass. With the the start of the Memorial Day weekend I'm sure there will be an onslaught of "characters" at The Jade this evening..... Brother.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  irish79 Fri May 27, 2011 10:11 pm

I agree with JAF in that coaches are creatures of habit. it says here that BG will get the night cap. ok by me in either case. going to be a fun tourney.

irish79
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  FullCount Fri May 27, 2011 11:00 pm

irish79 (aka PTL) - welcome to the forum!!!! ,,,, don't let GNG scare you - it's a safe haven to post your baseball perspectives....... just remember that GNG is clairvoyant.

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SAWit Sat May 28, 2011 11:41 am

[quote="nyk"]
GNG wrote:
Thanks GNG about North, but of course the congrats go to the kids. We lost some big bats and arms last year so it wasn't clear how we'd do this year. The kids hung together and had a good team-first attitude.

Yes congrats to the kids, but I give props to Henderson. He's on top of the game all the time with the kids - good baseball philosophy as you read in the Nashua Telegraph last year and this year. Coaching is huge. Put money on it he would have gotten 8 wins at least out of West ;-)

Let the playoffs begin! Good luck to all the kids!

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk Sat May 28, 2011 6:48 pm

[quote="SAWit"]
nyk wrote:
GNG wrote:

Yes congrats to the kids, but I give props to Henderson. He's on top of the game all the time with the kids - good baseball philosophy as you read in the Nashua Telegraph last year and this year. Coaching is huge. Put money on it he would have gotten 8 wins at least out of West ;-)

Let the playoffs begin! Good luck to all the kids!

No doubt, Hendo knows the game and is pretty good on the hunches he plays. I hope he's got a few good hunches left this season!

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum