New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

what do you know, 3-0

3 posters

Go down

what do you know, 3-0 Empty what do you know, 3-0

Post  GNG Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Big Joe McCarthy pitched 5 shutout innings before tiring in the 6th. I believe he only gave up 1 or 2 hits, he walked 2 in the 6th then there was an error { coach emptied the bench tonight as he should}. All of a sudden a comfortable 5-0 lead was 5-4. Enter Cody Gilcrest who got the last out in the 6th and struck out the side in the 7th. Five different bg players each had 1 rbi each. After 3 games Guertin has half as many wins as they did last season. I want to say they have 16 stolen bases in 3 games. FYI Mike Kelly was throwing in the bullpen, and it was GAS. Gotta feeling we might be seeing him in relief soon.

North beat Merrimack 5-3 in the first game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

what do you know, 3-0 Empty Re: what do you know, 3-0

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 pm

No post game tail gating ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 pm

If this continues you might have to rustle up a BG baseball shirt for me.

How about "BG Baseball" on the front and "Why Not Us" on the back.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:15 am

after the game, grilled burgers, dogs,chips,cookies,whoopie pies {about to go for a 5 miler to burn those off}. No adult tailgating. It was cold at the game T@f,Cuips and I went up to the warmth of the empty press box to watch the game{permission,we don't need no stinking permission}. After the 1st inning 4 more people came up,3rd inning 8 more, by the 6th inning 30 people in the press box. It was a move that the parents were calling Remillardian like. My rational was I write about the games{nobody from the real press does, so why not}. Whats the worse thing that could happen, someone comes in and kicks us out. Like I was telling the good folks at the game "I have been kicked out of way nicer places then this."
T@f, on a personal note young Rem missed his 1st dinger of the year by about a foot, hit a lazer down the left field line that cleared the fence by mucho. Next pitch sac fly to get Nolan in. Cuipa has been the best hitter early in the season. Kelly got another sb. Word was track might be over for Kelly, might be going to baseball practice everyday. That could get interesting,very interesting.
UPCOMING WEEK- At Merrimack 4pm Tuesday. Not the venom that the bg- Merrimack football,or bg- merrimack hoops has. Parents of the baseball players actually like us {well some of them}. I coached alot of these kids, should be fun. Post game at the Flats, should be even more fun.
Salem at BG. I would imagine Poore is pitching against North {and Turner} on Monday. I am going to that game, it has all the makings of the game of the year. My son was dissapointed when I told him BG probably wouldn't see Poore. Like his attitude,but I question his smarts. I believe I will have alot of excercise to do next week to burn off the post game festivities.
THE CURSE T@F "West basketball is going to be really good this year". We know how that turned out. "Memorial baseball is going to be really good this year". They went to spaulding Friday and made the long trip home with their first loss of the season. George Abood called me up and asked for you to like another team. Your like the SI cover jinx. Couldn't resist Very Happy Very Happy cheers

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:24 am

Back from my brisk early morning walk and a thought occured to me and I wanted to share before I forgot. The only thing worse then my eyes is my memory. The memory part might be my fault due to years of to much fun,
The crowds at Holman have been great. It was freezing last night and BG's student section was unbelievable. Add to that several members of the jv and freshman teams,parents, friends,and fans and you had yourself a good crowd. Timby also brought along a few people. I commented to someone that I had gone to Pride games where there were less people then were there last night. Hope it keeps up, It's only going to get warmer. I hope.
Telegraph has Joe pitching 5 2/3 shutout innings. No earned runs. He is their number 3. So in the first 3 games their starting pitchers have allowed 0 earned runs. A wise man once told me you can never have to much pitching.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 am

"Memorial baseball is going to be really good this year". They went to Spaulding Friday and made the long trip home with their first loss of the season. George Abood called me up and asked for you to like another team. You're like the SI cover jinx. Couldn't resist"
Caffeine Filled GNG

Like 1 loss to the Crusaders gives you entitlement to climb all over me like one of your teachers on you when you struggled mightily in school with academics {Check out how I revised your above quote in context to your original quote you mightily butchered}.

{It's early in the HS baseball season and a key word, like EPIC to describe the just concluded HS basketball season, has not been picked out yet. MIGHTILY is now in the running. I would hope it would be for baseball rather than your continued butchering of the English language}.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 am

Nice to know about the press box situation at Holman, but what is the bathroom situation?

After the Chem Toi at Derryfield Park that hasn't been changed since a member of the Bush family last controlled the White House I have to get scouting reports on pitching, hitting and bathrooms for HS baseball games.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:25 am

T&F - I'm surprised that as a good catholic you didn't comment on the irony of the BG postgame meal yesterday... Friday... Before Palm Sunday...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:35 am

Jaf - After word of Open {alcohol filled} Bars, Gala Events and Sushi Bars becoming the norm at BG...... NOTHING surprises me any more coming from the Catholic Land of 194 Lund Rd.

I could use the words Heresy, Apostasy and Blasphemy to describe the Remillardian approach of all the BG people eating burgers and dogs on a Friday in the Lent season, but in the end, they will be the ones to answer to God.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Someone said to me that I would have to mention eating meat on Friday when I went to confession. I'm afraid I would get booted out of the Catholic religion if I went to confession. Eating meat on Friday is like a parking citation compared to some of my sins. My deathbed confession will be EPIC.
You were right about caffiene filled, and I believe in 11 minutes it will be alcohol filled. I haven't been paying enough attention to the Bosox. I believe it is my duty{as a loyal fan} to go out and have a few pops and cheer on the Boston 9.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum