New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

BG @ Milford Scrimmage

3 posters

Go down

BG @ Milford Scrimmage Empty BG @ Milford Scrimmage

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:31 am

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Final
BG- 19 15 5 27 11 77

Milford- 17 29 14 18 22 100

I know it was just a scrimmage but as it was last year I felt like it was a much bigger game. The first 4 quarters were 15 minutes running time last being 12 minutes running time. The 3rd quarter was played by the 2nd team/Jv swingmen. With that said the gym in Milford had a very good showing creating a good atmosphere. The game was up and down as you'd expect, BG didn't apply as much pressure as Milford did. BG was clearly lacking a Point Guard in my mind, they didn't really struggle with the press or anything like that, they just were never allowed to be in rhythm because this lack of a point guard. I know it was a scrimmage and both teams (and refs) need to work the kinks out now. The game was very physical and for the most part the officials were consistent with it.

I felt Milford could've played better help D it progressively got better but it looked more like Milford was looking for the blocked shots rather than coming over completely and helping. Milford on offense I thought throughout the night settled for the first or second shot rather than making a few extra passes and working a better shot. I was very impressed with a few people on Milford aside from the starters. I thought Junior Richie Moore provides/will provide a great spark off the bench defensively this kid was all over the place diving for loose balls, forcing turnovers keeping balls alive just being a pest to BG's Guards. Junior Jovi Philbrick, I think he'd start on most teams but with the players he has in front of him it's tough at Milford, he works hard defensively and is a solid point guard who also is another of many that can step out and hit the three. Junior Jared Lakin, may not get a ton of time but he's another guard that Milford has who can come off the bench and hit the 3 well. I was very impressed with what I saw out of Milfords bench. Everyone always wants to talk about the starters (deservingly so) but I figured I'd give these guys some talk. O'loughlin didn't shoot that well tonight atleast not what you'd expect from him but he got to the hole at will. Holder did a little of everything hit some jumpers got out and ran, finished well for the most part. Mitchell did what he always does ran the offense well, got in the lane creating for others, made some great passes tonight and when they stepped off him he'd drain the jumper. Nelson looked vastly improved, far more physical than last year, hit the boards and always is a threat to hit the 3. Mccallum is a shooter he hit about 3 or 4 I think tonight, he has improved in all area's of his game. He deserves to start but I just love having that guy that can come off the bench and stroke the 3 he could still play starters mintues but I feel he fits that 6th man roll perfectly, but I know he'll start and that's great for him he deserves it and has really improved.

For BG, I don't know as many of the kids on the team this year so I"ll leave most of the anaylsis to GnG if he pleases. Connor Green was there leading scorer but had to do so taking many shots. I felt he had to create too much for himself. Mcclung played pretty well early I thought, he hit a few jumpers, but after the first 2 quarters he was non-existent. BG's has to try and get him more attempts or they could be in trouble. Other than Green there scoring at least I thought was scattered, which might've been because I don't know all of them. Majority of there scoring came from in the paint as I said earlier with Milfords help D looking more for the block, this was BG best option to score. If the defender on Milford didn't keep them in front I wouldn't say they had an easy layup but much easier than it would've been had Milford played better help D. I think BG needs to find ways to get Green and Mcclung catching it off the screen. A few times they did a dribble hand off to Green and he got open looks and made them. In my eyes they were most successful when those too are off the ball, and not doing majority of the ball handling.

Last edited by bigman44 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : numerous grammatical and spelling errors)

Back to top Go down

BG @ Milford Scrimmage Empty Nice write up.

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:13 am

I quit filming because it was very sloppy. Both teams will need to play much better come march to win a title in either league. Glad it is still preseason. Milford does have another scrimmage coming up against Memorial. Should be a good test for them. Madol offers a tough matchup for Milford so I will be very curious to see how that goes. Not sure what time that is but once I do I will make sure everyone knows.

Anyone else scrimmage tonight?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

BG @ Milford Scrimmage Empty Re: BG @ Milford Scrimmage

Post  GNG Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:33 am

Just got home after the post game,i will say this nobody post games like BG.I will be surprised if bg plays a better TEAM from nh this season.They are the real deal.if they were in d1 they would have a bullseye on their back.Let me say this about that,mitchell is the real deal,kid can pass and shoot.I thought he played the best on milford.My kid got a tech late on him when they were grappling for the ball,kyle said he didn't want a picture of mike mitchell standing over him on u tube[fair enough,he apologized to the team after for getting a t}.That being said I THOUGHT GREEEN WAS A BEAST.I would love to see these teams play in march {kelly,mccarthy,chartrand].If they both take it home,somebody should make it happen

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

BG @ Milford Scrimmage Empty Post Game Invite

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:11 am

Now I know why you BG dads never come to our after game spots in Milford. You obviously got it down to a science. Thank you for your kind words on my son. He did some nice things tonight but lucky for him he has so much talent around him that almost any pass is a good choice. Milford has a lot of balance. You had many guys make plays tonight. Scott McCallum is really rounding in to a nice player also. I thought his shooting expo tonight was the best part of the night. Connor was absolutely the man for BG tonight scoring and rebounding also. You can tell he is still a few weeks from really getting into game shape but he is going to have a nice season. BG will be the favorite in D1 with Memorial and Madol/Morgan as a tough team as well. I think Central could be a scary team also. It was fun watching the two teams go at it and it would not surprise me in the least if both BG and Milford are cutting down the nets in March.
No Youtube of the Remi/Mitchell scrum I had already put the camera away.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

BG @ Milford Scrimmage Empty NICE WRITEUP

Post  GNG Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 am

Not to often that you see a story in the Nashua Telegraph about a practice game,but Gary Fitz was there and wrote a nice piece about the game in today's telegraph.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 am

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sportshighschoolsports/901499-221/bg-milford-scrimmage-a-hot-ticket.html
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down