New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 Boys Bracket Contest - 2016

+9
BoscoD39
manchfan
NH12345
tarrier
SeacoastDad
GNG
JAF
Tulliver
Tuesday and Friday
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D1 Boys Bracket Contest - 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boys Bracket Contest - 2016

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:13 am

There are now 8 brackets entered. Deadline is 5:00 pm today. You have less than 9 hours to enter your bracket. study

GNG?

Jen Chick?

Justin McI?

Where's your brackets???

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boys Bracket Contest - 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boys Bracket Contest - 2016

Post  manchfan11 Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:36 am

Prelims:
North
South
Exeter
Merrimack
PA
Londonderry
Central
Bedford

Quarters:
North
Merrimack
Londonderry
Central

Semifinals:
North
Central

Finals:
North

Total: 146

manchfan11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger46 Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:53 am

Prelims:
North
Memorial
Exeter
Merrimack
Pinkerton
Winnacunnet
Central
Bedford

Quarters:
North
Exeter
Pinkerton
Central

Semis:
Exeter
Pinkerton

Final:
Pinkerton

Total:
117 points

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:20 pm

I've seen zero NH basketball this year - let's see how I do ;-) Enquiring minds are wondering - is it possible to have a perfect bracket, but yet lose because of the upset points factor? scratch No - I don't expect to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

Prelims:
North
South
Exeter
Merrimack
Pinkerton
Winnacunnet
Central
Salem

Qs:
North
Exeter
Winnacunnet
Central (although it would be apropos for a Winny v. Salem matchup here)

Ss:
Exeter
Central

F:
Central

Total:
105 points

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:11 pm

JAF- consider yourself lucky. Not missing much at all. This entry is being sponsored by THE ASIAN BREEZE, DW highway Hooksett, where on Saturdays from 3 - 8 the most knowledgable man in NH holds court on a plethora of sports topic. This guy is something else. His expertise in local and national sports topics is something to behold.affraid People leave there with a smile on their face and a little bit smarter on a wide range of sports.

The key to winning this is to pile up points with underdogs. With that being said,,,,
North
Memorial
Exeter
BG cherry cherry cherry cherry
Pinkerton
Londonderry
Central
Salem

Memorial. Jack somehow gets some players back. Sorry Tully.
Exeter. Sorry Migs, but its a contest. I'll make it up to you by picking up the tab on our next lunch. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Londonderry. Hunch play.
Salem.To make up for that royal screwjob they got against Winni.

Exeter.
Salem.

Everybody knows that this tourney is a mystery Who better to solve a mystery then Holmes. My nickname for this kid is SHERLOCK. I say this kid hits 8 Three balls in the finals and EXETER takes home the crown. 69- 66. For a total of 135. confused confused confused

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:36 pm

I just got word from Astro land that Morris maybe out for the first two rounds of the tournament. . . that will certainly add some drama

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 pm

GNG: Always good for a belly laugh Very Happy

I'm already a month into *baseball season*! Scrimmages started 2/15...

Basketball finals are this weekend. Y'all (tm) would be jealous - they have 4 divisions of public schools here. Each division has an eastern and western region. Each region has a 64 team bracket where the first 4 games are all played in one crazy 8 day period that started 2/23 and finished 3/1. They don't wait for Fall sports to end nor do they wait for Spring sports to start - it's truly a crossover. There were 4 teams that played regional finals this past Saturday and the championship games are this weekend. There's also a private/independent school playoff system broken into 3 divisions that each had a 12 team bracket. The winning boys team in the largest division was 30-3 for the season. A team in the smallest division was 33-0 before they lost in the semis to a 14-14 team (go figure). No 18 game seasons here!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:59 pm

"This entry is being sponsored by THE ASIAN BREEZE, DW highway Hooksett, where on Saturdays from 3 - 8 the most knowledgable man in NH holds court on a plethora of sports topic."

GNG

Well, I guess 5 hours in a bar is worth the same as a day at the beach....... For GNG Arrow

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:01 pm

1 hour left to get your brackets in

Basketball bounce Arrow Question Idea cheers affraid bounce Basketball Arrow Question Arrow

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  OntheBlock Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Taking my 93-33 regular season record into the playoffs! That's a .738 winning percentage. Which tells me that I'll get 1 out of every 4 of these games wrong.

Prelims:
North over Alvirne
Memorial over South (as much as I'd like to see a N/S matchup)
Exeter over Spaulding
Merrimack over BG
Pinkerton over Trinity (with or without Morris)
Londonderry over Winni
Central over Keene
Bedford over Salem

Quarterfinals:
North over Memorial
Exeter over Merrimack
Pinkerton over Londonderry
Central over Bedford

Semis:
North over Exeter
Pinkerton over Central

Championship:
Pinkerton over North
Points- 143

Seniors win come playoff time, and Pinkerton starts 5 very good Seniors.

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 pm

5:00 pm Deadline is here.

We have a Baker's Dozen entered. Good luck on one of the most exciting nights in NH high school basketball !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Looks like I picked all the wrong upsets. geek geek geek scratch jocolor

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 pm

Very happy for Coach Cronin and Spaulding.

Very proud of North.

Anyone see Central and Keene - that score surprised me

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:18 am

I know my Bracket is in shambles, but boy is GNG's bracket busted into a million pieces. It might take him until next basketball season to pick up all the scattered bracket pieces Razz Razz Razz Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:37 am

After the Prelims:

1st with 15 points is tiger46

4 way tie for 2nd with 13 points - SeacoastDad, Tarrier, Tully and On The block

3 way tie for 6th with 10 points - Bosco, manchfan11 and Jaf.

3 way tie for 9th with 8 points - nh12345, manchfan and nhkickzgod

And in LAST PLACE with 9 points is GNG

Well, that concludes the prelim festivities Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you for a great night of hoops. Looking forward to the quarterfinals.

Oh oh, it seems like we've had something slip through the cracks here on the Forum...... GNG is not in last place. he's in next to last place.

In last place with 6 points is:

TUESDAY & FRIDAY affraid affraid affraid

Dewey Beats Truman, Man Bites Dog and Whole Crowd Agrees With Every Call By Officials For 32 Minutes cheers cheers

I'm still trying to figure out when Sherlock Holmes will find GNG at a basketball court Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger46 Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 am

I had Exeter going to the finals so I think my lead will be short lived! bom

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:54 am

I'm even more flummoxed this morning about the Exeter loss than I was last night when I got the result.

It makes ZERO sense that Exeter lost to the Spaulding Fighting McIsaac's.

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 am

Wow, shake up Saturday. #1 and #2 seeds go down. The bracket challenge is turned upside down.

1st place with 26 points is SeacoastDad

2nd place with 23 points is Jaf

3rd place with 21 points is GNG.... He has made a big comeback with the Memorial victory

4th place with 19 points is tiger46

2 way tie for 5th with 18 points is Bosco and Manchfan11

3 way tie for 7th with 17 points is Tarrier, Tully and On the block

3 way tie for 10th with 12 points is nh12345, nhkickzgod and Manchfan

In sole possession of last with 6 points is T......................... & ...........................................F

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:21 am

So the two guys who probably have seen the least D1 basketball this year are the leaders... Shocked Whomever wins the semifinal matchup between Central and Winnacunnet doesn't have to wait for the Final it seems as I don't believe anyone winners in the other half of the bracket. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see a Winni v. Memorial game. Guess folks were right though - it's a tourney where anyone could win top to bottom (perhaps outside of 15/16)... Just think if Keene beat Central Exclamation Exclamation

In other divisions - other than a mild 5/4 upset, D2 seems to be a yawner following the seeds. Congrats to Pelham for their (expected) D3 crown. Congrats to Littleton for their undefeated season and D4 crown... Keene has a champion in the unified division (a division where it's well worth to go watch a game).

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm

With the way the D1 tournament has gone I think people would've had a better chance of picking winners if they used their cat or dog's paws to make the selections.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Here's the updated standings after the semis:

1st Jaf with 31 points

2nd two way tie with 26 points - Manchfan11 and SeacoastDad

4th Tully with 25 points

5th GNG with 21 points

6th tiger46 with 19 points

7th Bosco with 18 points

8th two way tie with 17 points Tarrier and On the block

10th three way tie with 12 points NH12345, Manchfan and nhkickzgod

Sole possession of 13th place is T & F with 6 points

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:40 pm

It looks like a winner can be declared.

it's Jaf cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Every other member doesn't have have Central or Merrimack winning it all, so it makes Jaf the official 2016 Bracket Challenge winner.

Congrats Jaf !!!!!!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 am

The key to winning - my magic dartboard that has no emotional attachment to any team - mostly... I did go to NHS (was a Panther, but would have been a Titan if that school had been built when I went). I figure you play a hunch or two and hope to get lucky. My big hunch was Winni over Pinky.

Suffice to say this was very unexpected... Especially since my first instinct was to go with Exeter as champion, but then I remembered reading that Exeter was more about offense and we all know that usually doesn't win championships. Defense, battle tested, and coaching go a long way (note my total points scored for final was less than others)... So I swapped at the last moment before pressing send. What I neglected to do of course was apply the same logic to a my Exeter/Merrimack pick (not that Exeter got that far or that it mattered). The one real surprise and key to this whole bracket thing was Memorial winning - based on what I read before the tourney they had no shot. Maybe Jack put something in the water - who knows, but when they needed defense, heart, and scoring they got it. Never would figure both South and North to fall in those games. Oh well that's why they play the games on the court, not on paper.

Other random thoughts:

Central could be the #1 team - 3 of their losses were to lower half of the bracket teams. That wasn't going to happen come playoff time.

Pinkerton went into the tourney losing twice to teams that were playing for positioning...

North losing still makes no sense - the single most surprising result and let's face the prime reason we don't have to wait for the last game to be played for a winner.

Memorial lost to South just before the tourney and had beat North earlier this year - should have considered that...

Bedford lost a focus game to Concord, but rebounded to beat Exeter - I wasn't sure here, so played the hunch with Salem, but didn't win that coin flip.

I certainly missed Exeter playing Spaulding recently as an uh oh, beware type thing... Similar to my missed Memorial/South result... Hey there's only so much time to look at standings and compare ;-)

Glad that this forum still has a small pulse and a dedicated core of posters. Extra credit to see GNG participate again - just a wealth of, of, of - well, um, "knowledge" and "provocative insights". Thanks to T&F for his dedication and for making up the points rules that I'd *love* to see employed in the NCAA tourney bracket... Next step - a round multiplier... Let's say in round 2 a 9 beats a 1, then it's 16 points extra and not just 8 extra... In the third round if that 9 beats the 4, then it's 15 points extra.

I think like Peyton Manning I'll probably go out on top, but I need to consider my other endorsement possibilities before officially announcing my retirement!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Congrats to my friend - JAF. You da man. First place all the way from North Carolina. Very impressed. The thing about these contests is if you can't win it don't finish last. That would be the ULTIMATE EMBARASSMENT. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Let me check on who finished last.

Oh my, I didn't know it was none other then our very own hoop guru T@ F. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I would suggest changing your name to LP. LAST PLACE... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Must be a slow day in CHIP Land GNG.

You are being very WISE today. That's wise as in A**, not wise as in showing good judgement Evil or Very Mad

I do have one Question for GNG: How many times have you won the Forum Bracket Contest? How many times have you finished 2nd?

The answer to the above would be zero, nada and nothing Wink

Me on the other hand, well I'm not hear to brag, but....... cheers Basketball cheers

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2