New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 Boys Quarterfinals

+2
dj5hoop
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Go down

D1 Boys Quarterfinals Empty D1 Boys Quarterfinals

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 am

Exeter at Central: The Little Green put the Blue Hawks away very early in their regular season game at Exeter. Central torched the nets with their shooting and jumped out to a 20+ first quarter lead. So, the mantra fro Exeter should be to keep it close early so they can be in the game late. A lot of different players for Exeter have to score if they want to stand a chance in this game.

Winny at Merrimack: I think this will be a hard fought and close game. Winny will really bring it tonight and I think Mack will respond. Who guards Gendron and how successful they are will swing the balance in this game.

Memorial at Londonderry: This is a dead heat pick em game. The fact it is a #12 visiting a #4 means NOTHING. Both teams love to push the ball. Both teams are quick and fast and rely on good guard play. The Lancers handled the Crusaders fairly easily in their regular season matchup. That's when the Crusaders were going through some "transitional problems." On Tuesday night at BG the Crusaders were behaving themselves. They were toasting marshmallows around the Memorial camp fire and singing Kum Baya in unison. Both teams have a plethora of players who can score. This is just a really fun matchup and one that makes the playoff games what they should be.

Bedford at Trinity: Obviously, the story here is that Trinity will be without the services of their starting point guard, Ryan Otis, who has violated school policy. His suspension, as of now, is for the next 2 games. This definitely hurts Trinity and compromises their depth, which wasn't big to begin with. This will force Testa and Walsh into a more prominent role in the game with Bedford. The Bulldog backcourt isn't the type of backcourt you don't want to have your starting point guard against. Grande and Meservey have been clicking over the last 6 weeks. Before the suspension of Otis I felt this was a solid quarterfinal win for Trinity. Now, this becomes a very interesting Quarterfinal playoff game.

Memo to ALL players whos teams are still alive in ALL DIVISIONS and will still be alive after tonight:

Give all your social media devices a rest for the next 9 days. Behave yourselves. Also, behave yourselves on your own time. Make good decisions. You owe it to your mates, coaches, parents and fans of your teams to stay dedicated to the final buzzer. Every one has worked too hard to have a slip up at this point which could cost your team a chance at a title. It happened with BG last season and now here we go again.

The Iconic Joe Sullivan, who just recently passed, had a great saying:

"Never pass up a great opportunity to keep your mouth closed."

I will take it one further with my own quote:

"Never pass up a great opportunity to behave yourself."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boys Quarterfinals Empty Re: D1 Boys Quarterfinals

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:03 am

Roger Brown's previews of the Quarterfinals:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140307/SPORTS21/140309390

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 am

Well said and excellent advice T&F!

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bball101 Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 am

The game of the night is winny vs mack, this game features great guard play on both sides. The key to this game is if Winny's bigs and match up with Merrimack's bigs, this will be a very interesting game and I believe Ruffin will out play Gendron tonight.

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

D1 Boys Quarterfinals Empty D1 Quarter finals

Post  3buoyshoops Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:28 pm

................And then there were 8.............Great Games tonight with a trip to Durham on the line, Exciting games all around...Catch a game this evening, best entertainment for your money............................................

BEDFORD vs. TRINITY : Absence of Otis disturbing, he is a solid piece of the Keefe forces, Dont think it's enough though as Bedford heads into the Small Gym in Manchester not seeing a powerful team in over a Month, Love the Keefe vs. Fitzy Match up with all the history and friendships, these two top coaches have been side by side and on opposing sides for many a battle on the hardwood through out the state. Two solid basketball mind's battling tonight, Think Keefe has the stronger horses this go round and the sheet advantage i believe is big here without Otis, Classic Match up................................................................................................................................TRINITY W.

MEMORIAL vs LONDONDERRY : OK, "THEY" showed against BG, CAN THEY 2 in a row? History and season say's NO! They are the more talented team here but we all know the story, Londonderry still wiping brow from Salem scare other night and have faded a little of Late, I think they play better tonight on home sheet but will it be enough if "they" all show? I dont know, Even game with all the variables, I see a squeak out win by Londonderry or a double digit win by Memorial, They have to fall for Londonderry to keep this close or memorial will make them pay............................................................................................................................................................MEMORIAL W.

WINNACUNNET vs. MERRIMACK : Winny, good not great and on paper should'nt be in game, but what is carrying Winny is experience, teamwork and determination variables you can't put on paper. Unfortunately Merri has the experience as well, the better skilled player's, the big's and the home sheet and crowd. crowd wont bother Winny I just don't think they can match up well enough for 4 quarters......................................Brass knuckles Game............................................................MERRIMACK W.

EXETER vs. MANCHESTER CENTRAL : 19 -0, Clearly the deepest team in D1, Home court, Have beaten a very erratic Exeter Team twice already, The whole State has already crowned them. EXETER came into season highly toted with big Medley,he has for the most part been invisible in alot of games especial big ones, Exeter will need a herculian effort and the pieces/moon/stars ect. ect. ect. all have to align. Like I said at the begining of season.......High School Boy's Basketball, anything can and usually does happen at some point during the season, not really so far, fairly predictable................Why not tonight!!....................................................................EXETER W.

enjoy excellent games tonight............see you on the hardwood.................................................................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Good to see 3bouys back on the keyboard.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Final Memorial 68 Londonderry 64

Maughn was outstanding with 34 points. Kabongo with 15 & Preston had 8.

Cody Ball led Lond with 20. Coveney had 13 & Coleman had 11.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boys Quarterfinals Empty Lancers lose by a t-shirt

Post  The Edge Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:09 am

So what t-shirt was T&F wearing as he entered the Lancers gym? Was it the t-shirt he claimed that would carry the Lancers to the state title? I gave him a grey shirt but for some reason this one looked white. Must of faded from so many washing because he wore it so often.
Wait that's not........ it couldn't be. It is a Memorial t-shirt. Boy was Mrs Edge pissed off.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:13 am

True, very true Edge, but what you're not telling Forum members is that my beautiful Londonderry tee shirt was closer to my heart I love you  than the Memorial tee shirt.

I have dozens of people who had visual evidence of that  Wink

I was actually hoping both the Crusaders and Lancers would advance to play Central next Monday at 7:30 pm.

And....... Mrs Edge has a STAREDOWN that was exponentially icier than most coaches who gave me one this season  Mad 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:44 am

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140307/SPORTS21/140309324

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140307/SPORTS21/140309323

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140307/SPORTS21/140309316

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140307/SPORTS21/140309315

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Too bad you have to pay for their content.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down