New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

One and done.

5 posters

Go down

One and done. Empty One and done.

Post  GNG Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 am

Roger Brown reports the Salem football coach steps down after one season to take another job.

Remember when Salem football was one of the plum jobs in NH. Not so much anymore with the split with Windham.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

One and done. Empty Re: One and done.

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

I think that is such a shame. I still think Salem is a good job but for the right coach. Coach Gagne was changing that offense, thats why they struggled but with a decent basketball squad every year and a great track team, they'll compete in football again.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 pm

The West job is open too

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

One and done. Empty Did he go somewhere else?

Post  GNG Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 am

Good young coaches are hard to find.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

One and done. Empty Deafpanther was dead on.

Post  GNG Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 am

Roger Brown has it today.

West football coach going to ST. ANSELM'S.

Great move considering that the powers that be in Manch are considering closing West.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

One and done. Empty One and done

Post  MommaBear Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Maybe Cote can head back up North.......Lauzon from one losing program to another????
West Close, no way!

MommaBear
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

One and done. Empty West coach possibility

Post  Newman Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Maybe Joe Battista...

Newman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

One and done. Empty From today's UL

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am

EVER SINCE he was 17, Jim Lauzon said, he dreamed about becoming a football head coach at the college level. Recently, he took another step toward realizing that dream, when he accepted an offer to join the staff of St. Anselm College head coach Pat Murphy as assistant coach in charge of tight ends and wide receivers.

"It's an opportunity I couldn't refuse," said Lauzon, who said he formally resigned from his post as head coach at Manchester High West three weeks ago to make the move to nearby St. A.

"This is a chance to get my foot into the door on the college level. If I passed up this opportunity, I don't know if I would ever get another chance to coach on the college level. I'm 24 years old, and I need to start building my resume with college jobs. My hope and dream is to become a college head coach some day. My wife told me that if I didn't accept the offer from St. Anselm, I may never know if my dream would come true."

As to whether his new job at St. Anselm is a paid position, Lauzon said, "It's still being discussed."

Lauzon, a paraprofessional at Manchester West, got married last summer. The couple celebrated the birth of a son, Shawn, in November.

Entering the open door at St. Anselm came after the difficult decision to close one at Manchester West.

"I really hated to leave, hated to leave the kids who worked so hard to build the program back into a contender," said Lauzon, who inherited a 1-9 team when he became the Blue Knights' head coach in 2011.

West was 3-7 in 2011 and 4-6 last season, including a a 36-14 upset of a highly touted Keene team that entered the game at 6-1. But the greatest indicator of the job Lauzon did at West may be the number of players the Knights had on last season's roster: a robust 81.

"So as much as I hate leaving the program, I leave knowing the program is better than it was two years ago," Lauzon said.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum