New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1

3 posters

Go down

WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1  Empty WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1

Post  sportstalkmatt Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Here's the WGAM The Game/Nashua Telegraph HS Football poll

1. Winnacunnet (7)

2. Exeter (1)

3. Pinkerton (1)

T4. Bedford

T4. Manchester Central

6. Keene

7. Bishop Guertin

8. Souhegan

9. Plymouth

10. Concord

(first place votes)

Others receiving votes: Milford (4), Portsmouth (2), Dover (1), Windham (1)

Well, I bet there will be A LOT of debate on this poll. For the record, Sendall voted Winny No. 1 this week. Nick Anastos will break this all down tomorrow starting at noon tomorrow on WGAM "The Game"

sportstalkmatt
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1  Empty Re: WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1

Post  JAF Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 am

Looks mostly spot on, although I think Bedford is better than Pinkerton. PA is 2 dimensional, run up the middle and run a sweep, solid defense, and a large line. PA rarely passes (coach's decision) against better teams. Bedford can run at you, has a very good passing game, and a solid, bend, don't break defense. People have said oh they win because of broken plays - well if you watch - that *is* their game. If the quick look isn't there, they know their line is good enough and the QB is elusive enough to allow the receivers to adjust back to the ball and sit in the zones or get free of their defender who peeks in at the scrambling going on. Like the former BG option offense, it's all about containment, working your assignment, and trusting your teammate to do their job.

Voting PA or Exeter #1 is still a travesty regardless of Winni's results against Dover this past weekend. PA is 1-1 vs. top 10 teams, Exeter is 3-1 (plus a win over Dover), Central is 1-1, Bedford is 2-1 (both wins on the road), and Winni is 3-0 (plus a win over Dover).

Interesting that South "lost" their vote this week (compared to last) even though they won... Looks like Jeremy still thinks Dover is a top 10 team as he's outed himself as the only person voting them the last few weeks and they still have a vote.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1  Empty Re: WGAM/Nashua Telelgraph poll for 10-1

Post  Jeremy Leveille Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Yup, looks like I'm once again the only one voting for Dover. That's ok, I call it how I see it and don't follow the crowd. Ask the coaches from any team Dover has played so far, I guarantee all of them will say Dover is a top 10 team. One of the Winnacunnet assistant coaches even came up to me after the Exeter/Winnacunnet game and said he agreed with me that Dover is a top 10 team - and that was BEFORE they took #1 ranked Winnacunnet to double OT!

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm

At least you have logic and facts to back up your rankings, unlike your UL counterpart who is all over the place cyclops scratch You are very correct there is a BIG difference losing by 28 to Exeter and beating North by 13, something his beloved Central team couldn't do the weak before (yes, intentional). For those missing the reference, you'd have to see the current twitter barbs being sent between NH Notebook and NH Game Day. Unfortunately he doesn't give D2 any props historically... Cannot believe he's giving netiquette lessons now too... Here's something for the cannon fodder back at him... He only dropped Central 3 spots on his ballot when they lost by 7 TD's to Exeter - so using the Concord analogy and only losing by 4 TD's means at worst Concord would drop 2 spots to 9... So much for logic.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate!

And for the record, anyone who follows my site knows that I capitalize a lot of words. and if it was true that capitalizing words was the equivalent of screaming, well that would have to mean that I am a pretty angry person. But of course anyone who knows me personally knows that is not the case. I simply capitalize words in order to put emphasis on them.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down