New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Quiet start to season

3 posters

Go down

Quiet start to season Empty Quiet start to season

Post  nhball9 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 am

Gee, I wonder where most posters on these boards are from. Where is all the baseball chatter? Do we need to wait for a BG win to get talk going? Razz

Last edited by nhball9 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misstype)

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Quiet start to season Empty Re: Quiet start to season

Post  JAF Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Personally I've been only going to JV games this year either as a parent or umpire... I would say you are correct in one sense though - the BG parent from last year who kept everyone on their toes and ready to respond is not involved this year or he just wishes to be in read only mode...

BG lost 3-0 yesterday to Merrimack. It wasn't Tommy Hudon beating JoeMac either. The details are in the Telegraph:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sportshighschoolsports/957601-221/no-foolin-april-games-hold-importance.html

I was at the JV game... Got there in the 6th inning.. It was a 6-6 tie... Top 6 Merri JV scores 1, Bottom 6, BG JV scores 2, Top 7 Merri responds with 2, Bottom 7 BG gets 1 (leaves bases loaded, too). Thus we're going to extras... Top 8, Merri JV scores 4, I think - well that ought to do it, tough loss, but it's a good lesson... Well wouldn't you know it BG scores 5 in the bottom of the 8th for I would say a very improbable win...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  bb603 Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:27 pm

NHIAA website shows Concord 21 Alvirne 2. That and a couple of other things I have seen makes it look like Alvirne has very little pitching.

Early D1 standings (yes very early) seem to indicate there are a couple of top tier teams, some low tier teams and most of the teams solidly in the middle.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down