New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches.

5 posters

Go down

Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches. Empty Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches.

Post  GNG Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 am

These are some kids who I feel could be keys for their teams to advance in the dance. These aren't the BIG name kids. These kid's aren't up for player of the year.

These are the kid's that the sportswriter's miss.

These are the kid's I love to watch.

Hamel- Trinity. Senior who in a close game has the intestinal fortitude to take the 3 pointer. Watch if it's a close game, this kid will be on the floor looking to shoot. With such a young team of superstars {think of Trinity players, and you name 6 or 7 before you get to Hamel's name} it will be this kid who pulls out a game winning 3 ball.

Lafond- Central- I know he just got added to the team. Do you think Doc just happened to run into this kid in the hallway? I think Doc went looking for him. I love this kid's game. He does every little thing {that goes unnoticed by the average fan} to win ball games. He doesn't turn the ball over {which is a rarity this season}, he is in your face the entire length of the floor. Loose ball on the floor, his name is usually on it.

Peabody- Merrimack. On a team with 3 offensive superstars, this kid is the unheralded defensive glue. Rebounds, passes. Not many people talk about when he got hurt because he doesn't score alot of points. Well, he's back. Next time your at a Merrimack game watch him.

Mellin- North. Everyone talks about Gauthier. I look at this kid. Tough as nails down low. I saw him hit 2 big three's against BG in the 3rd quarter. Another kid who could care less if his name is in the paper, or who gets the credit. The win is credit enough.

Lunn-BG. Kid rebounds like a bull, and has some nice moves in the paint. Merrimack had no answer for him in the 4th quarter the other night. The best 6th man in division 1 in my opinion. If BG is going to make some noise in this thing, remember the name Lunn.

Feel free to add more names. I know Justin loves the point guard from Spaulding. I haven't seen him play .

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches. Empty Re: Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches.

Post  GNG Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 am

Dave Haley once again proving he is smarter then he looks. Very Happy Very Happy

Interesting articles previewing d1 games.

One mistake Dave,{you make so few, I gotta rib you when you do}. Embarassed

You wrote the winner of the Central - Merrimack game would be in line for a top 4 seed. Not true if Merrimack is the winner. The highest they can finish is 5th. Basketball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches. Empty Re: Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches.

Post  goldenbear Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 am

Lunn should be starting on BG not sure why he does not

McCarthy is more of 3/4 and they basically surround him with 4 guards.

I am not sure if Migg starts his seniors which is fine, but Lunn is an very good player

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Good string here and thanks for the good feedback GNG ..looking forward to catching up with you in Durham...I'd add Joe Dube from Salem...although it seems like there are 9 'glue guys' on that team.

and thanks for pointing out the rankings mistakes...those standings make my head hurt....

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Not to blow smoke up your butt Dave, but I have heard you on the radio on Pete's show and Justin's show. Great job. Not only to you have this state down cold on NH hoop players{you and Jeremy}, but your sense of humor and quick wit come thru on the radio. I enjoy listening to what you have to say.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 pm

I totally agree with the Lunn situation at BG. He is not what I call an unsung player. He has been one of the best 2 players for BG this season and one could argue he has been the best and most consistent Cardinal. There are only 2 players on BG I would consider for all state and Lunn is definitely one of them. Migs knows his team better than any one. I deeply respect Migs. I think Migs respects my views also. It is a complete head scratcher why Lunn doesn't start. There are some players on that team that make the same mistakes over and over again or who have not and will not live up to their pre season potential. With 1 game left in the season isn't it kind of late to expect potential to come for a house visit?

Here's some more unsung players:

Salem - 5'10 sophomore Michael Felix. He is a very versatile and athletic player. He is not one of their top scoring options, but can score when called upon. He can D-up and forms a nice 1-2 D guard combo with Klecan. He is integrated nicely with the Salem lineup. Any team would want Felix as an option come playoff time.

Alvirne - 6'3 junior Tyler Livingston. Even though he is 6'3 the majority of his offensive game is in the perimeter. He has a velvety smooth outside jumper. If the opposing team gears up defensively to stop Beaulieu and Dunn, Livingston can score 10 to 16 points. His height and athleticism enables him to create space for his outside shot. If Alvirne is in a tie game or down by 1 in a playoff game and there's less than 10 seconds left and the ball kicks out to Livingston for a 15 to 20 footer, then the opponents gastro intestinal area will be queasy during the flight of the ball towards the basket.

West - 6'0 sophomore Nolan Flynn. This thin as a twig Blue Knight can knock down the 3's with the best of them. He gives West an instant offensive threat when he comes off the bench. With their roster being depleted Flynn might be relied on to add some scoring punch to go along with Martin's game.

Memorial - 6'6 junior Majak Wenyin. There is a severe question whether Majak is north or south of 100 pounds. The slender, slithery, silky smooth junior plays the game with an almost non-chalant body language. When he takes a 3 it is usually in the "I can't believe he's taking that shot" range. He almost yawns when he takes the shot. Ask Trinity fans how big Majak's 11 points were in the almost upset by the Crusaders over the Pioneers. No truth to the rumor Majak will have his own hammock in use for the playoffs on the court Laughing Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Unsung players to watch out for as the tourny approaches. Empty Underated Players

Post  rwvogeley Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:06 pm

GNG,
I agree onsome ofthe players you mentioned, but let me add the following insight. This is just on the players I have seen this year.

Lunn BG- Kid has a tremendous upside, but playing 25 feet from the basket in a flex offense is not using him properly
If he set screens for McCarthy they would both be better players.Lunn has great hands

Cooper Paul-BG Can go left or right with equal ability. He needs to run the offense and really goes to the hoop with great effort.

Anthony Farmer North- Undersized but does not lack effort. Nice game. If he goes to prep school he will fill out and take his game to a college.

Preston-South-This guard is just a sophomore I believe. Has taken a back seat to Muccioli but if he handles the ballhandling,
and Muccioli runs off screens, a whole new ball game for south.As an aside, how good would South be if Caleb Joseph was there.

Smith-Pinkerton-Again show me a better off the ball defender in the backcourt than this kid.
Patrikis-Pinkerton-Needed muscle to help Light
Travis Decouteaux-West- Saw him against BG he took their backcourt out of the game and quietly scored 12 points.

I am sure there are others I can think of later.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down