@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

D2 Girls and the Famous NHIAA

Go down

D2 Girls and the Famous NHIAA Empty D2 Girls and the Famous NHIAA

Post  dadncoach on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:55 am

I have a newbie here and have a question. Looking at D2 Girls, seeing two undefeated teams, Lebanon and Hollis-Brookline. Thinking that is going to be a good matchup, so I go to NHIAA website to see when they play each other. They don't? Both teams play at least one other team twice, but they don't face each other? I've watched this Forum from afar for sometime now and it may seem like piling on and/or preaching to collossal choir here. Such a shame.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

D2 Girls and the Famous NHIAA Empty Re: D2 Girls and the Famous NHIAA

Post  SeacoastDad on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am

Dad - Welcome to the forum! I think it is just the luck of the draw that the two remaining undefeated teams in D-2 girls won't face each other in the regular season. Since there are 25 teams in D-2, you couldn't play every other team. Plus, many D-2 through D-4 schools take travel and traditional rivalries into consideration when scheduling teams twice. I too would like to see a more diverse schedule.

If H/B and Lebanon both run the table through the playoffs, wouldn't it be great to see two 21-0 teams match up in the Championship!

The same scenario could happen in D-4 boys, except there are three teams that are undefeated (Newmarket, Littleton, and Moultonborough), and none of them play each other in the regular season.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm

It certainly makes for an interesting playoff matchup should they meet. Not unlike the NCAA tourney.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum