New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

January 6 Games

+7
CasualFan
JustinMcIsaac
abball
EBlessNHSP
goldenbear
Tuesday and Friday
Tulliver
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

January 6 Games Empty January 6 Games

Post  Tulliver Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm going to take BG over Alvirne - but Alvirne is never a team that surprises me when they win something I don't expect!

Memorial over Concord which will start the Crusader train rolling!

Dover is off - apparently resting after that ST A game (not a fan out of out of division either, GNG)

Merrimack over Exeter

Pinkerton over Keene - but I'd reverse it if it were played at Keene.

South over Londonderry - at South - Londonderry can always surprise, but not tomorrow.

North over Timby

Salem over Spaulding though I'd like to see Spaulding take it as they have a tough little stretch for the next few games.

Trinity at Winnie goes to the Pioneers - though - Winnie sometimes can throw a fly in the ointment it won't take the Pioneers down tomorrow.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

January 6 Games Empty Re: January 6 Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I agree with all your picks, Tulliver. If Spaulding loses then they might have a real rough go of it in 2012.

Any pick for the big one at the Simon Sauna between West and Central?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 pm

I have a habit of never predicting a CHS game until the day of the game.

I have found my predictions (even startling ones) much more accurate when I do that.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:15 am

I'm going with West in a tight one. It seems the USS Central has a few leaks and is taking on water in the D1 basketball ocean.

Doc has provided the Little Green crew with a few buckets to flush out the oncoming water, but I don't know if they will have the numbers to man the buckets to deal with the rushing water from the D1 ocean.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 pm

North is playing with out Farmer and Guathier for a few games, not sure why, on the bench but not in uniform

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Doc shored up the holes on the USS Central tonight. Central 67 West 57. I wish I could give you a nice recap, but the game started at 6:30 and I got there at the start of the 4th quarter. At least I wasn't alone. TulliThaler were on the same time schedule as me: Lateville.

Halftime: Merry 45 Exeter 21

End of 3rd: Trinity 47 Winny 2

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Alvirne up 3 in the 4th...over BG
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Portsmouth over MV 36-23 in a low scoring affair. The word "ugly" was most frequently used to describe this game via my Twitter timeline.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Alvirne finishes off BG 79-71 for a very nice resume builder. Broncos making uncharacteristic early-season noise.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Bad start for BG in 2012.

Good start for Alvrine in 2012.

Curse of the QCIBT for West a/k/a reading the praise lavished upon them from their good holiday basketball showing and becoming complacent.

Tully waits until zero hour and picks West over Central. I wonder who Tully is picking in the LSU - Alabama Ship game?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm

goldenbear wrote:North is playing with out Farmer and Guathier for a few games, not sure why, on the bench but not in uniform

Absolutely fascinating because Jeremy, of NH Notebook fame, told me he would buy me dinner if North finished 10th or worse this season (T & F picked North 10th in his pre season article) Hmmmm, I wonder if I get to pick the restaurant (Hanover Chop House - bone-in filet16 oz Center cut tenderloin steak $50) or Jeremy does (McD's, Wendy's BK etc. - dollar value menu) ?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:15 am

Was At the BG Alvirne game. Ill give a brief summary. Maybe GNG can help me with some player names i didnt get the Program. But from what i saw both teams dont really have an inside game. They love too shoot the three. and i mean love. It was like the NFL this year no running all pass. well thats hows this game was. No inside all outside. Tomaswick was a none factor in the middle and didnt play too much. Both teams like to get out and run and push the tempo. Obviously there was some inside play and the tall skinny kid for BG did pretty well on the boards and had some baskets. JoJo was on in the First half and finished off on a cold note really didnt get many open looks in the 2nd half Alvirne guarded him pretty well. Ketsy i believe his name is?(Sorry should have got a program.) But he was off all night. For Alvirne it was Sean Dunn leading the way. I believe he is probably one of the most underrated players in the state. He can hit from outside, he plays good defense and a kid that never gives up. Very hard worker. He had to at least have 20 or more. Tyler Livingston still is playing way beyond his years. Tall kid who can shoot from outside can go bang down low and get rebounds. A real good young player. Beaulieu had some good cuts too the basket but he needs to learn how to finish. He is very athletic and can get to the hoop but doesnt always finish. But i was surprised at how well the Broncos played tonight. It was my first game of the season and they impressed me. But my only concern is they rely way too much on the outside shoot both teams do. and dont really have a low post presences. They could have trouble with teams with height like trinity. But overall i thought it was a great too watch. A little chippy but the refs let them play for the most part.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 am

Other scores i dont know how the games where these are just from NHIAA

Merrimack over Exeter 67-45
North over Timberlane 50-41
South over Londonderry 53-48
Central over West 67-57
Memorial over Concord 66-63
Pinkerton huge over Keene 72-41
Trinity over Winnacunnet 59-35

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:47 am

abball: the tall skinny kid you refer to from BG is Jeff Lunn, I presume. I wonder why Tomaswick didn't play that much? Sickness etc?

BG is visiting West in a rare Monday night game this coming Monday. You can call this game:

"Not happy with 2012 so far"

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 am

I dont think it was sickness i just think he wasnt having a good game. i dont think he was in foul trouble either i know he was on the bench when the game ended. He did go down kind of hard at one point during the game and was holding his wrist. That could have been it. But he was off tonight. was getting pushed around and was soft in the paint.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:54 am

If Alvrine hopes to get to the Final Four this season Tomaswick will have to be a "harder" factor in the paint.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:00 am

I'm presuming the start time for the Monday Jan. 9th BG at West game will be at 6:30 pm. I wouldn't want Tulliver or Marc Thaler to be "fashionably" late. Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 am

The Assistant wrote:Portsmouth over MV 36-23 in a low scoring affair. The word "ugly" was most frequently used to describe this game via my Twitter timeline.

Yeah, a combination of refs swallowing the whistle, some good D, lots of missed putbacks and jumpers, along with Portsmouth playing without Lane and Tsogranis (flu) made for not the prettiest of games. Jake "The Snake" LeHoux played very well in his first Varsity start, and Alex Rigazio was a menace down low.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Attended the BG/Alvirne game & it was an interesting one to watch. Alvirne's Dunn & Livingston played a great game. The "skinny kid" from BG mentioned in earlier post is Jeff Lunn who played well in the post & did good job on Tomaswick. Tomaswick did go down at one point in the game & was grabbing the wrist but played on. McCarthy, Kesty and Lunn kept BG in this game. Good play off bench by BG & Alvirne players. [Good play-by-play article on NHSportsPage by Haley]

Last edited by The Assistant on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed Hayden to Haley :). Thanks for the report CasualFan and welcome to the forum!)

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHHoopsFan Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Pinkerton is playing good team ball and has a deep bench. Chris Light was unstoppable with 29 points. Kevin Colbert, one of the starters, did not play and they still won 72 -41. Keene hung in during the first half but crumpled in the second.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Jeez Louise, I miss 2 games and BG can't win. I had to go to MGM foxwoods with the family. Had a ball.

Jeff Lunn is the last kid I would pick on that roster to get a technical. That really surprises me.

Looks like I gotta go to West on Tuesday to get BG back on track.

T@F, as far as your North prediction with Jeremy. Remember this, nobody likes a braggar/boaster. Try to be a little more humble. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Thank you for the lesson in humility, GNG.

I will return the favor and let you know if you go to the BG at West game on Tuesday then you will be the only one at the West gym. Basketball

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

January 6 Games Empty BG vs West

Post  Newman Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:54 pm

I suggest you go Monday...

Newman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:15 pm

And at 6:30 pm NOT 7:00 pm.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHhoops Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Since the BG boys are playing on Monday, the place to be on Tuesday night is Lund Road for the BG-Winnacunett girl's game. Should be an epic battle.

NHhoops
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next