@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Other Holiday Tournament Results

Go down

Other Holiday Tournament Results Empty Other Holiday Tournament Results

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 am

BG defeated Cambridge Rindge and Latin in the Chelsea, Mass holiday tournament yesterday. Logan Kesty scored 25 to lead the Cardinals. Joe McCarthy chipped in with 15 and Brad Holler had 14. CJ Boykins broke a finger during the game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Other Holiday Tournament Results Empty Re: Other Holiday Tournament Results

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Moore Beat up on Bedford 70-46 and forced Bedford into 35!! Turnovers, Shocked I hope this doesn't damper the spirits over there at Bedford as there's still a ton of ball to be played but they've struggled badly to start the season.

Back to top Go down

Other Holiday Tournament Results Empty BG plays tonight

Post  GNG on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Another Mass powerhouse. Gotta tip my hat to the boys in Green and Gold for beating CRL. That is a serious Mass hoop team that they defeated.

I have always felt that the difference between NH/ MASS HS football isn't that much, but the difference between NH/ MASS hoops is huge. Mass hoops is far superior in my opinion. That's why I think the Guertin victory is a nice feather in their cap for this season.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Well they got shellacked tonite - I think the final was 80-63. St. John's Prep was fast and had two kids who could shoot lights out. Someone near me said one of the kids was the best player in Eastern MA. JoeMac was outstanding - he kept BG in it early. I think Logan had a headache and wasn't himself. I must say Chelsea is an "interesting" ride and take. Cannot complain about NH prices - $10/pp to get in.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:52 am

Chelsea definitely has it's own "scenic" areas.

10 bucks admission? I hope they had good concessions or a nice program. What did it cost to get a 50/50 ticket? $5/ticket and an arm length for a C Note?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Other Holiday Tournament Results Empty Now comes the question.

Post  GNG on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 am

Did BG get better by playing such great competition over the Holiday? Not gonna see any teams like that in division 1 in NH. The proof is in the pudding. We will see when they return to regular season hoops back in the granite state next week.

I say YES. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. pirat

Speaking of hoops in NH, two great games next week. Merrimack at Trinity, and South at BG. Only 2 teams will remain undefeated in division one after those tilts. I say the catholic schools remain unscathed. Basketball Basketball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:09 am

I agree in general with GNG - it better to play tougher competition and that will make BG better for the year. I also liked the shot clock, although it only came into play once throughout the game. Beating Cambridge R&L is certainly a feather in the cap! They usually have good teams every year and have been known to produce an NBA player too (Ewing). Whether in general MA teams are better than NH - who is to say. I'm sure the answer is - it depends on who you are playing. SJP was the defending D1 MA state champ as was BG for NH, but last year doesn't always translate into this year. I know for travel hoops Pelham and Nashua choose to play in the MA leagues for 5th-8th graders as those teams are generally better.

A quick Google search ("BABC Tournament Chelsea 2011") will get you the following 1st day synopsis:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/high_school/

Eventually Google will find the 2nd day...

After the shock of the $10 admission wore off - I forgot to ask about a program since I was sure they had a defibrillator on site :-)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 am

Here's another article on the BG game from ESPN Boston HS.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/12858/recap-st-johns-prep-80-bp-guertin-n-h-63

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum