New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager

3 posters

Go down

No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager Empty No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager

Post  GNG Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Why is it after this week drinking beer and eating fried chicken in the locker room seems like no big deal?

Last edited by GNG on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager Empty Re: No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Not to take it back to Penn State but it's likely because that scandal has taken the sports world away from the Sox. Even on the Sports hub a lot of the talk has been about Sandusky etc.

But I'm glad the Sox didn't give up 12.5 per a year over 4..WOW talk about over paying for a guy. But the Sox really do need to start addressing that situation. Like getting rid of Tek and Wake, figure out what they want to do with beckett lester and that chump lackey. Also address the closer situation (likely will be bard) but they need to start doing things because right now this team will continually finish 3rd in the division.

Back to top Go down

No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager Empty Re: No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager

Post  JAF Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey we get Matsuzaka back - he's the #5 easily... If not, then long relief mop-up role - who cares - eat a few innings, the fans will already be out the door... Maybe lull the other team to sleep. More importantly we need reliable bullpen guys, we cannot overwork Bard, and it would be nice to have some sort of power in the middle of the lineup. Whether that Papi or some other proven guy... Wouldn't it be funny to pick up Posada, just to see him wear a Boston uniform.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager Empty Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Post  GNG Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:23 am

Love the pickup. Absolutely LOVE IT. I have had Bailey on my fantasy team , and he is a horse. Paplewho??

The guy is young {27},under Red Sox control for at least 3 years, and he brings it. Bullpen just about set. and more importantly it frees up Bard to be a starter.

Got my Manager,got my closer, got my starter. Still looking for a rightfielder. Sweeney more of a platoon player.

Hot stove keeping me warm on a COLD winter morn.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 am

Carlos Quentin got traded to the Padres for 2 minor league pitchers not in the Padres top ten prospects.

Ben missed the boat on this guy. Twenty nine years old power hitting rightfielder. Had some injury problems in the past, but when healthy is a player. Would have started my New Years off with a bang if the sox would have gotten this guy. He will be wasted in San Diego, park is too big.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

No closer, no rightfielder, no number 4 pitcher, no number 5 pitcher. Oh yeah and no manager Empty Scutaro gone.

Post  GNG Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 am

Rumor is going after Oswalt. He is not the answer.

Never pitched in American league.

ALWAYS HURT. Back problems.

This is what I would do.

Trade Beckett and our prized 22 yr old ss prospect for Hanley Ramirez and one of the Marlins young pitchers. They have a few.

Beckett makes 15,750,000. Ramirerez 15,000,000.

They would love to get Beckett, and just as much they would love to get rid of Ramirez with the signing of Reyes.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 am

Boston Red Sox = 2012 3rd place AL East.

Make plans for the 3rd place parade party with Mayor Mumbles Menino on the first float.

The more I look at the 2012 Red Sox the less I like them. Usually I have tickets for 4 to 6 games by this time of the year. As of this writing I have ZERO tickets. I will wait for their ghastly start to the ghastly 2012 season then I will pick up tickets cheap on Ebay or Stubhub for a weekend game where spending the day in Boston will take precendent over going to the lyrical bandbox known as Fenway Park.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down