New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Time for Joepa to leave.

+3
Tuesday and Friday
boxout
GNG
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty Time for Joepa to leave.

Post  GNG Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 am

Makes me sick. I wonder if he would leave his grandkids with this monster.

He knew. What an enormous stain on Penn State. I would much rather have cheaters like Ohio St or Miami. That's just student's getting money. Not to many things worse then molesting little boys in my book.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty It is sad

Post  boxout Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:58 am

I have never been a big Penn St. guy, no reason in particular, just never liked their style of play. Great uniforms though and my step-brother is a big fan of this team. Joe Pa does need to go, the sad part about society today is that there will be people out there saying that he is innocent and didn't know what was going on. We live in such a naive, forgivable, and against the victims society. Now to those people who swear that college sports are not corrupt, what do you say now? It seems most colleges are getting busted for something in DI. Though there are even stories of DIII schools cheating now too. Personally I went to a "major DII' football school, and saw first-hand the corruption at that level, I can just imagine what goes on at DI. I had dorm rooms with players and they would take months off from classes and still pass, and I use to sweat my classes.
There were people, not saying on this site, that supported OJ Simpson, Kobe Bryant, Micheal Vick, and Ben Rothlisberger. There still are to this day. People love to give athletes second chances, but the common Joe does the same thing and we as a society want them hung by their gonads. The common man doesn't get second chances, but athletes at all levels do. I also include HS sports in this as well.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty Re: Time for Joepa to leave.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Huge Penn State fan here liked them growing up still like them, so it's tough to see this going on but anyone involved in the situation's got to go and I used to love Joe Pa/staff but what's going on is disgusting so even being a big fan...not gonna try and justify it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 pm

If the reports are correct, JoePa informed school officials what Sandusky was doing. The Penn St. officials swept it under the rug. When JoePa saw this coverup happening he should've gone to the police. I have similar feelings for JoePa today as I did back when Woody Hayes punched the Clemson linebacker in the Gator Bowl. It's just sad that such stellar coaching careers end in such an enormous moribound way. Both of these coaches spent decades cultivating a career and personna of iconic stature only to have it flushed by one incident. One has to question how Paterno could've slept at night knowing this monster Sandusky was still in contact with kids and knowing what he was probably doing or trying to do.

I so revered the previous iconic stature of JoePa in past times that I nearly bought a 6 foot cardboard cut out of him to put in my sport's basement. I didn't get it. Thank God. Penn St will never be the same. They will be cursed for a long time.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:32 am

It probably would've been better if JoePa just stayed in his house last night and went to bed early. Instead, when Penn St students came to his home in droves to support him chanting his name he came to the door and said, "To pray for the victims." Those words ring hollow. He then came outside and helped lead the students in chants of, "We are Penn St." I don't think any of the victims or their parents found any resolution in that.

Unfortunate that the Penn St students are still working on their maturity. One day if they gain the maturity to have and raise kids I wonder if they'll feel different about JoePa and the way he handled the sordid Sandusky situation?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty Joe Pa...

Post  boxout Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 am

Joe Pa did nothing, acocrding to my sources. Joe Pa was told of the situation and did nothing. McCreary or however you spell it, went to Joe Pa. Joe Pa went to campus police. Joe Pa has so much power in that state he could have called state police or city/town police. Nothing against campus police, but they don't have the resources of the government police. Joe Pa did nothing, as a matter of fact he gave McCreary a promotion. Joe Pa to this day has let Sandusky have camps on the PSU campus. If Joe Pa was a MAN, he could have used his power and influence to get Sandusky off of campus. Joe Pa did nothing. I heard there are now 20 victims, and Joe Pa thought that was OK. T@F you are right, but you seem to be trying to let Joe Pa off the hook, with the he told police. If that were me, that coach and I would have tussled. I would have been talking to reporters, I would have written a letter to the newspapers, I would go on Nightline. Joe Pa was concerned with the record, that is why he kept on and keeps on coaching. He is a selfish person. A record means more to Joe Pa than some child being raped. I bet Joe Pa could have gone to the AG's office, the Governor's office. He has that kind of clout. Instead Joe Pa gave promotions to the people who caught Sandsusky. In my opinion a month in jail is what Joe Pa deserves. Joe Pa should be charged with accessory to the act. He knew over 15 years ago what was going on and did nothing, except let more boys be raped.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty 1,000 college kids

Post  boxout Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:59 am

These kids that went to Joe Pa's home are also nuts. I don't want to hear about they are immature and have not formed reasonable thoughts at this age. Bull. It is college students that walked with MLK, that protested the Vietnam war. College kids are smart kids, that is why they are in college. It is that they are more concerned with what goes on on a football field than what happens in real life.
Everyone from the President of PSU to the janitor should be fired. They need to start all over.
Saturday against Nebraska should be interesting. If PSU students really care about the victims, they would not attend this game. As a player, I would be asking out of the game and the school. Real men aren't worried about their futures when someone else has to be raped for them to get to the NFL.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am

This whole thing is so disturbing at so many levels - where does anyone begin. Just another in a long line of hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. And not just at PennSt. That many years ago there's no social media like today and ESPN wasn't the force that it is today. People are pointing fingers at the grad ass't coach that first "caught" the action because he didn't go to the police. The parents of these players are upset and pointing fingers at the school. Why didn't they go to the police? The question is if the report "was" made to the police at the time what are the chances it would also have been "kept quiet"? Too much at stake, right?

I think the most astounding thing to me is the man was still allowed to be around the team and program for so long after the initial issue... Abuse starting in 1994 to 2009 - unfreakingbelievable... In all that time, no one goes to the police... I think all they did was take away his keys to the locker/shower room. Are you kidding me? Does the man have pictures or knowledge of PennSt administrators in compromising situations? Or does no one down there have any intestinal fortitude? Don't want to get involved, don't want to 'bring down' a program. Got to keep the money flowing. If I'm a large donor in the last 15 or so years I'm really pissed especially if my name is "on" something and I was convinced by one of these administrators to make the donation. Who wants to be associated with that.

Kind of makes the OhioSt athletes and coach seem like choir boys in comparison. All they did was get some money for their "stuff"... Where is the NCAA in all this? Do they not want to get involved with the legend of JoePa? I'm sure they're squirming right now and hoping PennSt does something.

In the end, it's the student athletes that are going to suffer and they really did no wrong. I'm sure they all knew to keep away from the guy - stuff like this doesn't go unnoticed.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:54 pm

It would be a travesty of moral character and principle if Paterno coached Penn St this Saturday against Nebraska. If the Penn St administration had one fiber of morality in them they would force Paterno out of his coaching position before this Saturday.

If Paterno coaches this Saturday it would wash away his over 4 decade coaching legacy at Penn St.

What say you Penn St administration? This nation turns it's lonely eyes to you.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 am

He was just fired...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 am

bad week to be a Penn State fan...but formerly being a huge Joe Pa supporter I'm glad he's gone, to know what he had known and not to act on it and go to the authorities is disgusting. Clean everyone out start re-building.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 am

Yep, just saw it.

Sad that Paterno forced the hand of Admin to fire him when he could've done the right thing and stepped down to avoid this. It will be such hogwash to watch the rallying cries on the Penn St campus tonight and tomorrow from the students. I hope some moronic students don't do anything stupid to inflame a situation that is already inflammatory.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:35 am

How Mike McQueary has yet to be fired is even worse...he witnessed one of the rapes did almost nothing about it yet he still has his job? Not justifying Joe Pa's actions but McQueary should've been one of the first people gone in this scandal

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

Bigman, I know you love Penn St, but this was the right thing to do. Don't worry McQuery is next.

John Tucker wrote a piece in the Union Leader today. I couldn't disagree more with him. He just about absolves Paterno. He goes on about all the good Joe has done at Penn ST. I can only focus on THE DEVIL he ALLOWED to roam his lockerroom. My call is Paterno dies within the year. The guilt will kill him.

Winning games and going after the all time win record was more important to him then PROTECTING INNOCENT CHILDREN.

I keep hearing he did what was legally required. Well I am with BOXOUT then if this is what our COUNTRY is coming to. Is this how LOW we now set the bar? I am so pissed, my blood is boiling. I keep coming back to is this how Paterno would have acted if it was his grandson in the shower with Sandusky.

I told my wife when this story broke last weekend that if it is reported that Sandusky violated 8 kids "it's probably closer to 80". This is just the tip of a very big and ugly iceberg. This doesn't happen overnight. This man has been a deviant for DECADES. It will come out you watch.

I honestly believe next to murder this is the WORSE crime there is. These are kids, kids who had unspeakable horrors done to them. Give me a crappy coach who does the right thing over a coach more concerned with getting the alltime win total.

Anyone else notice how all this comes out right after he gets the alltime win record 2 weeks ago.

Penn ST or STATE Pen.

I just keep thinking what if this was one of my kids. I am OUTRAGED and I don't even know the victims.

All those years and NOTHING was done. Makes me sick.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty And another thing

Post  GNG Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:05 am

I believe the reason Paterno brushed it under the rug all those years ago was he knew the outcome would be similar to what just happened. He was afraid they would fire him. I truly believe that. Remember back then there was a big push to get him out the door. That the game had passed him by. This would have been the final nail in the coffin.

Total speculation on my part.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 am

GNG, you are spot on about the time line of this whole thing. Given Paterno's chase for the record and the breaking news of this sordid story there is no question this whole thing was orchestrated so Paterno could get the record without having to deal with this fire storm.

This is one of the worst scandals in sports if not arguably the worst given the potential facts that other children might have been violated all in the name of protecting an iconic figure and his legacy.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 am

Hard to believe only four other people at PennSt (JoePa, Spanier, McQueary, & AD) knew of this.

As much as your own soul/conscience wants to believe that all involved weren't covering up for all these years "just because" of a record - it's hard given hindsight to believe it now. Hindsight is the excuse used by JoePa yesterday, so it's oddly ironic that given hindsight 1, 5, 10 years from now that people won't draw the correlation. To think Sandusky was the guy that was supposed to replace JoePa. One wonders in hindsight and speculation of course if that wasn't brought up at the time - perhaps not the details, but the veiled reference that hiring Sandusky to replace JoePa would be disastrous because "someone" would now blow the whistle on the whole thing...

Reading Roger Brown's blurb about Kiley staying committed to PennSt leaves me wondering when were the coaches given the heads up that the shoe was about to drop. They had to have known the situation was about to blow up and been calling all their recruits to give them all a heads up that something big was about to happen, but weather the storm, blah, blah.

My son has a professor that is good friends with the PennSt team doctor and the discussion in class has been that Urban Meyer is going to be the white knight to "save" the program.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty It is...

Post  boxout Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am

nice to see this board actually united on a topic. People are no longer calling him Joe Pa, and I have joined that crusade as well. he will be Joe Paterno from now on. He has lost that nickname, when a pa allows a kid to be sodomized, he is no dad. I would love to see Paterno go to jail, I say only a month because he is 84, if he were 64 I would want 3 years. Do people remember a movie with Jodi Foster when she played a rape victim in the 80's at a Boston bar. It reminds me of this situation, where people just didn't care that someone was raped.
People are asking where were the fathers, folks these kids were vulnerable kids to begin with. They had no father's in their lives. That is why they were going to Sandusky's camps, for a second chance at the Second Mile camp. These mothers were looking for father figures for these kids. Penn St. let them all down.
T@F nothing gets me more frustrated when people turn blind eyes to a 10 year-old boy. These college kids at PSU (supporting JP) should be ashamed of themselves, and will be in the future I can bet that. Remember when you were ten and stuck in tough situations where there was nothing you could do? How scared you felt, useless, and helpless. I am not saying anything I ever went through compares to this, but I do know fear. You rely so much on adults at that age. How do these people put their heads to the pillow every night?
McQueary is next. I can't figure out how any of these people can survive. I mean even the assistants today, had to know something and heard things, so did players. Players had to joke behind Sandusky's back. Not that I was a great athlete but I do know players talk, and joke around about everything.
Now folks you can call Joe a iconic figure and I would tend to agree. But let us remember that Joe hasn't won a title since what 1986? Bigman I respect you like the program and you prove exactly how iconic this program is, you have been a fan all your life of PSU and you weren't even born when they last won a national title? Correct.
I think we are all naive if we think Joe was coaching any of these teams that last 10 years. Listen to him talk, there is no way he is giving pregame speeches, or half-time. It takes this guy way too long to say stuff and it is mumbled and jumbled. Imagine how long it would take him to relay plays to the coaches on the sidelines, and then the coaches to the QB or RB's with plays.
I am sickened by all of this, sports just get worse and worse. My father stopped following sports about 15 years ago, and I am starting to see why. He was a diehard sports fan too, collected baseball cards, took me to games. Now he quickly reads the sports page and that is it. I even offer to take him to game on me, and he declines.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Correct Boxout haven't seen PSU win a title, the way this scandals gone and is going don't know if I'll be a fan if/when they win another.

Back to top Go down

Time for Joepa to leave. Empty Listen to this - it's unbelievable

Post  JAF Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 pm

http://audio.weei.com/a/48513317/mark-madden-talks-about-the-penn-state-scandal-and-drops-a-new-bomb-about-jerry-sandusky.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Get it before it's gone.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:29 pm

I just heard the latest bombshell that potentially might come out before the weekend on the Sandusky Foundation.

If it's true I will be twice as sick about this situation.

If it's true Penn St football should receive the death penalty for the next 5 years.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Are you referring to what JAF posted or is the more new info?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:11 pm

The information that Sandusky allegedly took donations under the guise of the Sandusky Foundation in exchange for fulfilling the perverted desires of demonic people like Sandusky.

If the above is true then Penn St football MUST RECEIVE the death penalty. They need to erradicate anybody and anything connected to Sandusky and Paterno. They need to cleanse this program with turbo Clorox.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 pm

If the above is true the rest of the Penn St season should be cancelled. They can't give the mostly idiotic student body of Penn St. a chance to promote Paterno at the Nebraska - Penn St game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm getting more uncomfortable about posting only because of who reads this, but I guess it's "out there" for anyone to find...

T&F what you're talking about is pretty much what was in that sound bite from the D&C show this morning with a reporter from Pittsburgh who has been following this situation.

Here's a link to the Grand Jury Indictment - it's chilling... http://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sandusky-grand-jury-presentment.pdf

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next