@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

The hottest team in division 2.

Go down

The hottest team in division 2. Empty The hottest team in division 2.

Post  GNG on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:23 pm

I know the green and gold are undefeated, but they might want to start playing 4 quarters of football if they want to stay that way. With the playoffs looming and the matchups all set, I was curious to see just how far our friends up in ROCHESTER have come in one short season.

SPAULDING- 1st 3 games 0 wins 3 losses. Offense- 2.6 points per game. Defense - 29 points per game.
last 5 games 5 wins 0 losses. Offense- 39 points per game. Defense- 10 points per game.

That is an amazing plus 36.4 MORE POINTS per game, and allowing 19 LESS POINTS per game. What is even more mind boggling of the 51 points they have allowed in those 5 contests, 27 have come well after the starters have been pulled. Bet the Dover coach isn't looking forward to that semi final game.

BG- 1st 3 games 3 wins 0 losses. Offense- 30 points per game. Defense - 6.6 points per game.
last 4 games. 4 wins 0 losses. Offense- 33 points per game. Defense- 14 points per game.

So BG'S offense has scored 3 MORE POINTS per game, but the defense has GIVEN UP 7.4 more per game.

I know Dover has a better record, but I am saying right now BG- SPAULDING in the finals.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

The hottest team in division 2. Empty Re: The hottest team in division 2.

Post  JAF on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Not that it matters, but the last 2 scores vs. West I believe were 1st team O of West vs. 2nd/3rd team D of BG... The last Alvirne TD was a special teams breakdown (kickoff return). The Winni game was legit. Winni was very big up front, not sure what Keene brings to the table. Both Winni and Alvirne used their size advantage. Alvirne ran that single wing, wedge type offense and did quite well with it. West has 2 or 3 players who are hard to bring down. I think half the time they just wing it on offense... Their just had no depth. I'm guessing Keene will throw a lot and I noticed the wind just started picking up quite a bit - that could make things very interesting for them. I also believe Keene is down to just Parenteau and I'm not sure what they bring size wise to the line.

I agree - if I'm Dover, I'm not looking forward to playing a very confident Spaulding team. A team who I do not believe can go into tonight's game and play "too safely". There's a lot to be said for momentum. If I were to guess, 1st half is played with 1st teamers and 2nd half with reserves. It's a gamble, but I think worth it.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:48 am

Heard the Spaulding coach for the 1st time on the radio this morning. Go listen how he got the job. Seems like a GREAT GUY.

My 2 favorite current coaches are him and the H/B coach. Both try to fly under the radar, and are HUMBLE.

Gotta throw Billy Ball in there too.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum