New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Timberlane At Spaulding

4 posters

Go down

Timberlane At Spaulding  Empty Timberlane At Spaulding

Post  wildcat316 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:58 am

This is a Do or Die game for Spaulding, Timby's traveling, that place will we absolutely BUMPIN. The raiders are hot but Timby wants a home playoff game. What do you guys think?

wildcat316
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Timberlane At Spaulding  Empty Re: Timberlane At Spaulding

Post  JAF Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:20 am

Is it going to be snowing tonight in Spaulding? I think if you read around in the more recent posts you have a lot of "new" members of the Red Raider appreciation society (except of course when they play our team).

I wish the game were closer for me - I think it's going to be a great game. Spaulding wins and they clinch playoff spot #3 (they play non division vs. Concord next week) and a much shorter drive to Dover (assuming BG beats either Alvirne or Keene). A loss sends them to the morass of tiebreakers and hoping someone else beats someone else. Either way, they've had a great season. What an awesome accomplishment especially considering a very young team. Who says a new coach and new program cannot work!

Be sure to take good game notes - we expect a full write up!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:45 pm

I worked in Rochester this week. To say the locals are excited is an understatement. As much as I like Timby, I don't see how SPAULDING loses. Much like last hoop season where I was firmly entrenched on the RED RAIDERS bandwagon, I reserved my seat 4 weeks ago on this bandwagon. Rochester has FOOTBALL FEVER. GOOD FOR THEM.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Looked like you jumped on the right bangwagon GNG they rolled timby 45-8.

Back to top Go down

Post  wildcat316 Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 pm

And the train keeps rolling people. The Raiders rolled right over Timby. 25-0 at the half and i think 32-0 going into the 4th. Final was 45-8, only after Timby scored on the Raiders second Defense. I though this one was going to be close to be honest, the first couple series were a little slow with both teams going 3 and out. It was a lopsided game from then on with solid blocking up front and hard running from the backs. This is the 4th straight game the Raiders first defense hasn't given up a single point. This game clinched the 3rd seed and i expect the Dover game to be a lot different than 19-0.

wildcat316
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm

WOW! What a story. They've locked up the #3 seed. We'll know tomorrow whether it'll be Dover or TBD.

Keene beat Winni - so Winni is done. Keene's loss to Timby last week means they do not have the 2-team tiebreaker either. Unless Alvirne pulls a shocker tomorrow night, Timby is in.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  DJN53 Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Dover beat west 54-17....the Dover Spaulding game will be on great match up , Spaulding will be out for blood and emotions will be high on both sides , this is because it's city vs city and this is one of the biggest rivalaries in the state ( oh yea first time in 20 years Spaulding has won 5 in a row)

DJN53
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:41 am

SPAULDING. Feel good story of the year. Coach of the year. I am glad BG doesn't have to play them 1st round.

EXETER. Soon to be division 2 SQUAD dusts SOUTH. NHIAA might want to rethink moving EXETER down.

WINNIE and KEENE. Done like dinner.

MEMORIAL. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

SOUHEGAN. Will have plenty of time to practice for the last milk jug game.

One other note about SPAULDING. They are YOUNG. I am so sick of coaches using youth as an excuse for losing.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 am

Yep - GNG you've put the double whammy on BG now... Watch 'em lose 2 games and end up having to play Spaulding Twisted Evil... Youth and "new program" are the two biggest excuses used by new coaches - I think I've heard one locally this year Suspect... The way I see it at least 60miles away from Rochester - they have both and are now winning. I wonder if the coach tailored his system to the players or the players to a system that gives the players the best shot at winning? Lost in all this was a 4 game losing streak to start the season during which I'm guessing the players were learning a new system.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:32 am

Is the BG - ALVIRNE still on for tonight?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 am

BG v. Alvirne is a 1PM game.

North v. Merrimack is 7PM (last I knew)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down