New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

NHIAA staying with six divisions

+5
E.I.R.
D3Fan84
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
bumper
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NHIAA staying with six divisions - Page 2 Empty Re: NHIAA staying with six divisions

Post  webman38 Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Can i tell you what a joke this whole alignment is. The latest that i saw was that D-VI will have 13 teams. Give me a break...Bow, Brady,Fall Mountain, Campbell add to what is already there. The cut off for enrollment is 525..yet Bow, InterLakes/Moultonborough, Epping-Newmarket,Gilford all petitioned down to VI. When is enough, enough. Stay where you fall and then if there is a reason to move, like program struggling....Brady who has been in D-V for years now that they have had 2 not so impressive years they want to move down they will be strong again soon & does Bow really think they belong in D-VI OMG they move down in a couple of their sports and low and behold look who's playing in the championships( Basketball is the 1st sport that comes to mind, moved from DII to DIII 2010-2011 season). Look at these numbers and tell me honestly if they belong....also consider their program size, an avg size of the teams in VI this year was 28..I did not include IL because they had 48. Tell me numbers don't make a difference.

Division VI (1-525) *new numbers this year*

Interlakes-Moult. - 581... 48 players this year
Fall Mountain(DV this season) - 574
Epping-Newmark - 539
Gilford - 532
Bow(DV this season) - 528
Campbell(DV this season) - 493
Winnisquam - 48
Franklin - 459
Newfound - 422
Raymond - 419
Mascoma - 404
Newport - 390
Bishop Brady(DV this season) - 362

webman38
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

NHIAA staying with six divisions - Page 2 Empty Re: NHIAA staying with six divisions

Post  JAF Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Get ready for 7 divisions of NH football albino

Not sure about other schools dropping down, but I read recently in the Telegraph that the enrollment numbers are down 7 at Campbell and 10 percent at the elementary school:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/938379-196/student-numbers-falling-in-region.html

So while it is 493 this year - 7% is 35 students "next" year and 32 the following.... Whether other schools are facing the same enrollment drops - who knows. I do know two years ago Campbell tried to petition down, but were denied even though their program was only 1-2 years old at the time.

Curious where you got the breakdown? Do you have other divisions?

If you follow Roger Brown's NHFR blog you would have seen that the latest proposal from the football committee was rejected. It was also noted that Exeter could win D1 and drop to D2... Bedford could win D3 and although by numbers they should be D2, they would remain in D3. I've noticed that both Exeter and Bedford are allowing the NHIAA to use their fields for a lot of different events lately - yes they have nice/new fields/facilities, but are there any conspiracy theorists out there that want to dig and see if there's any background deals going on? Wink

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm

If Exeter beats Pinkerton in the D1 Ship I will get GNG a $100 gift certificate to The Jade for Christmas.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 am

Isn't it ironic that the only POWER POLL I care about this week is which towns are still without power. Puts it in perspective, sports have definitely come to a grinding halt in the granite state this week. As much as I think of the NHIAA as a bunch of monkey's sitting around a table eating bananas, I must tip my cap for them finding fields to play these different games.

T@F although I believe the team with the best chance of defeating Pinkerton will be one that has an aerial assault { something Exeter doesn't do much}, I have learned through the years never underestimate Coach Ball. I will gladly accept your gift if they win.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the EXETER moving down to division 2 idea. It makes no sense to me. They are doing great in division 1. They should stay there.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:21 am

Conversly, GNG, if Pinkerton wins the Ship you can get me a $50 gift cert to Firefly or Ignite. Those are 2 places in Manchester.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:39 am

Sorry Charlie, I think PINKY WINS going away. Pinky wins I give you one pack of gum.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:24 am

Charlie? I've been called a lot of names in my life, but never Charlie.

Ok, I know you need some incentive to make a bet, so......

...... If Pinkerton wins D1 football you get me a $25 cert at Fireflye and a $25 cert at Ignite.

If the field wins D1 football I'll get you a $250 cert to The Jade and a $250 cert to The Flats. This way the next time Merrimack loses power, even though a good % of Merrimack doesn't have power now, you can go to one of those 2 places since The Jade had power through this diabolical Snowtober snowstorm/power outage.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 am

I' ll pass.

T@F thought I would give you a heads up. It's your future son in laws 19th birthday today. Very Happy

JAF- Thanks for the video clip. You da man

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:13 pm

You are as funny as this miserable power outage.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2