@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher.

Go down

Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher. Empty Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher.

Post  GNG on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 am

CM destroys BG 42-0. No surprise, CM has 4 d1 college players on one team. Are there 4 d1 college prospects in all of NH? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. BG will be fine for the rest of their NH DIVISION 2 schedule.

Just as I was recovering from the WEST BEATS Keene shocker, I read that SPAULDING DUMPS KEENE. What the heck is going on in Keene? Everyone {including me } thought they would be top dog or at least a strong number 2. Now they have 2 division losses, and they still have DOVER, BG, TIMBERLANE, AND WINNIE on their schedule.WOWSER MCBOWSER. They play Merrimack this week. Merrimack is not very good at all. They lose to Merrimack and they will be struggling to make the playoffs.

SPAULDING could make the playoffs. No I am not drunk. Throw out the opening day blowout loss to WINNIE and that coach has them playing hard. They played BG TOUGH, and DOVER. Their next 3 games are against WEST,MERRIMACK, AND ALVIRNE. When was the last time SPAULDING won 4 games in a row? It could happen. I have seen how POORLY Merrimack and Alvirne play.West got blown out by WINNIE LAST NIGHT.

D2 TOP DOGS- DOVER, BG. They play this week to see who is the top, top dog.

-TIMBY. That loss to ALVIRNE will cost them a home playoff game. I know that they had alot of injured players,but it's Alvirne. Heck, even Merrimack beat ALVIRNE.
WINNIE. Can't figure them out yet. THEY EITHER BLOWOUT TEAMS OR GET BLOWN OUT.

KEENE better stop reading about how good they are in the papers, and start performing on the field or else the 4 teams mentioned above will be at the dance and not them.

SPAULDING- I went off on BG for ONLY beating SPAULDING BY 19. I apologize. Looks like their coach is the real deal. Lord knows their are enough bad coaches in this division. A good coach can get you the 4th playoff spot in the weakest division in NH football this year.

WEST- I haven't seen them play yet, but they did beat Keene.

ALVIRNE AND MERRIMACK- I have seen both these teams play.Not pretty, not pretty at all.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher. Empty Re: Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher.

Post  JAF on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:18 am

Even though CM has 4 D1 players - to play as listlessly as BG played last night, well even Merrimack could have beat BG last night. The paper had a quote from Cote about how he wasn't sure how BG approached games like CM in the past - well coach BG prepared every week the same way regardless of opponent. They figured out what their best offensive "option" would be and treated every opponent the same... Defensively they would adjust some schemes based on the offensive tendencies. It's not rocket science... I would say CM prepared well for BG this week... CM was ready for CJ around the end on his first touch dropping him for a 4 yd loss. No problem, let's try it up the middle. Well that worked a few times with a couple of the bigger backs, but they swallowed up CJ. I guess featuring him vs. Merrimack showed the CM coaches someone they could key on. When Vailas was in the pocket he did get some good protection, but any play where he rolled out usually didn't go too well. Kind of like what happened vs. Merrimack - rushing the throw or rolling around your left to have to stop and throw right - that's tough for any QB and takes too long to develop. BG's lone highlight was the drive that ended the 1stQ, but was killed on the first two plays of the 2ndQ. After that not many first downs for gang green. Their one chance for a TD pass was dropped by the receiver - I think after that the team was just even more deflated. The 69 yd run by CM... I think the back scored in like 3 seconds - he got so much separation in a hurry... What really was of great concern last night was poor tackling - there were two TD runs right up the gut. Yes, the CM line was huge, but to have 3 or 4 guys whiff - that was unusual.

When I got home and saw Keene lost to Spaulding I was shocked. That must have been a long, long, long, bus ride back to Keene. I wonder if the natives are restless in Keene parent land like they are in BG parent land. I know Loupa is well like there, but the hopes were very high for this team. Kind of a head scratcher. West losing 42-0 to Winni was weird too - it's not the losing, it's the score. I know games can be tough in the wet, wacky Winnacunnet field, but 42-0? Dover crushing Alvirne - no shock there and Timby shutting down Merri - same deal. Looks like the home field for the D2 championship game could be decided this Friday in Dover.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher. Empty Re: Division 2 thoughts, and a party crasher.

Post  SofaKing on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:10 am

Division 2 is horribly weak this year. I've seen Spaulding play earlier in the season and they don't have much business beating anyone. West has some athletes, but they really have a long way to go. The fact that Timby lost to Alvirne is still confusing. I watched Alvirne play Pembroke at the beginning of the year, and even though Alvirne blew them out, it was a gross game between two bad teams. Merrimack is young and not very good. Too easy to game plan against King in that flexbone offense they run. They should get him in the tail of the I so at least he can run either way. Dover is "good," but had a tough game against Merrimack. Keene has really hit the skids, which may speak to some chemistry issues or other internal problems. Winny is too young and too inconsistent to be considered good.

I think the D2 playoffs are:

1. BG
2. Timberlane
3. Dover
4. ??? (someone who doesn't deserve to be there)

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

Jackson King didn't dress for the Timby game. INJURED. Ya think. I couldn't believe the coaches let him HOBBLE back on the field last week. I couldn't believe TOM KING didn't write about it. King was on the field when Boykins blew by him for a TD. It was obvious to everyone I was with in the stands that he was hurt. I don't blame the kid for wanting to go back in. Shows he has HEART.

I blame the coach.

JAF, You sound like me. I told T@F that CM wins by at least 20. Those kids from CM wanted it bad.

SOFA KING- love your name. Seems like you know your stuff. WELCOME TO THE FORUM

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 pm

1) D2 is really really really weird this year. I expect the unexpected.

2) GNG apologizes to BG for criticizing their "19" point victory over Spaulding given the Red Raiders last couple of games. Nice. Could an apology to Merrimack, for all his verbal Tomohawk diatribes, ever be coming around the GNG corner?

3) Yes, welcome to Sofa King. Nice to have a new member who joins the fray. Would there be another potential Forum member coming out of Sofa King's household named Armchair Quarterback?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks guys! It's fun talking HS ball. I love taking in as many games as I can. I spent 10 years coaching in D1 and D2 as well. Let's keep up the good discussion.

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 pm

I was beginning to wonder where all the posters went and how many lurkers there were. I'd rather see lively (but respectable) conversation taking place

I think Cote missed a huge chance last night to do a mea culpa and indicate the lackluster effort was a result of coaching and that they have to do a better job. Players are players and with 16-18 year olds you never know what you're going to get week to week. However, you still have to inspire and make them want to play. Last night was not a good showing. There's a great resource in the AD office at BG that can tell you how to "approach" the game. He'll give you a history lesson about any team any time you want it.

Dover is going to be ready for BG - last year they game planned perfectly. I remember last year after the game everyone asking when was the last time BG was shut out in a game... I think the answer was "years ago"... Having it happen twice in one year against very good teams is telling. Better be shooting for that #1 D2 seed because the 2nd/3rd place game will be a tossup game while the #4 seed may have more losses than wins and have got in via some odd tiebreaker.

Yes, GNG I'm converting to your side... I said I'd give it a few games, right? Well time's up - this is a huge game coming up and Dover coaches know how to scheme and work the sidelines, so better be prepared. I'm still waiting for some sideline parent to scream down, "run the <adjective> option" during one of those drives that BG heads in the wrong direction on offense and everyone is quietly grumbling.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm

I think Winny has an outside chance of getting in, despite my earlier prediction. They seem to be getting it together.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Spaulding (with their 3rd coach in 3 years) or West (with their 23 year old head-man) make it as a 4th seed?

I've seen Spaulding this year, and they've really not THAT bad. They know how to pound the rock...they just need to be consistent. I saw West at the Jamboree, and they seemed "okay" too. They got good pressure against the Souhegan line, and had some nice plays on offense. They couldn't defend the screen to save their souls though.

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 am

Not that it matters, but back when CM thrashed BG 42-0 - I remember indicating somewhere that CM would play Brockton. Brockton being the team that ending up beating NH powerhouse Pinkerton 21-14... Well to close the circle, last week CM beat Brockton 26-0 in Brockton. Now perhaps if BG had taken CM more seriously it wouldn't have been a 42 point blowout, but who knows. They certainly took PA seriously losing 16-0 although I know it could easily have been 30-0. Certainly, BG showed PA that it needed to fix it's red zone offense and I would say PA did just that.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum