@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

D2 Stats, Matchup in Week 4

Go down

D2 Stats, Matchup in Week 4 Empty D2 Stats, Matchup in Week 4

Post  MaxSportsNH on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 pm

D2 stats on NH Sports page, Week 4 could show a definitive leader atop the D2 board as far as rushing, BG-Merrimack will be a game to see and possibly some questions can be answered.

*** Did BG just have a flat game against Spaulding, or did Spaulding just come out like it was their game.
*** Coming off the Win, will Merrimack be on fire and pumped and play this game as if a playoff game ?
*** Im pretty sure BG's Mailloux (GNG?) is a Merrimack Kid also, so who is the Top Merrimack Back, Can BG Contain King and Myers ?

Top 5 Rushing 2011-2012
#
Player Name
Team
Rush Attempts
Rushing Yds
1 Zach Mailloux Bishop Guertin 47 268.0
2 Jackson King Merrimack 62 267.0
3 Colin Shaughnessy Dover 22 195.0
4 Chaz Myers Merrimack 29 183.0
5 Anthony Gillis Timberlane 24 164.0

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

D2 Stats, Matchup in Week 4 Empty Re: D2 Stats, Matchup in Week 4

Post  GNG on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 am

Yep, He is from Merrimack. No feature articles about him in the Telegraph, no wmur stories about him. All he is doing is leading division 2 in rushing. The forum readers know about him because of me. His dad {Rick} runs the pop warner football program in Merrimack. Rick might be the 2nd most hated person in Merrimack for the kids that find their way to Guertin from Merrimack. No need to tell you who the first is. Very Happy Very Happy

Personally Max, I believe it is wrong for Coach Bautista to point to this game. Look what happened last year. Wmur cameras in his locker room, he was all FIRED UP, jam packed house. Then BG dusts them, everyone in town was saying same old Merrimack. Their team never recovered from that game. After the game Coach B was telling the papers it was just another game, but it wasn't..

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:35 am

What's truly impressive for me is the carries. Mailloux averages 5.7 a carry (cheated and used a calculator, don't worry), King has 4.3. Both are good stats, but keep in mind that King has played Alvirne, a Dover team that looks much weaker than last year's defense, and Division 3 Goffstown I believe? (no disrespect meant to division 3, by the way). And who has Mailloux rushed against? Pinkerton, the unopposed #1 in the state, defensively and overall, Timberlane, another top team in the state, especially with the tough D, and Spaulding (alright that one's a little less impressive but he did go 23 carries 164 yards and 2 touchdowns).
Max, to answer your questions (although not in order):
I think if any Division 2 team can contain King and Myers it is BG. Depends who can play this week though. Smith and Lansing at DB take away Myers as a receiver with their speed and coverage abilities, and Kiczuk and Boudreau are two quick OLB. Boudreau's last game was very impressive shutting down the outside and forcing the ball back in to where the inside backers are waiting, and those two kids love to hit. Can Goulski clog the middle this week? If he can, then expect Merrimack to have to look to the air, and then Carver comes in for the sack because those wideouts won't have anywhere to go.
Tough to know how pumped Merrimack will be for this one but generally they come out pretty jacked, so it won't surprise me to see them come out pumped. Hasn't changed the outcome in the last few years though, BG kids are often from Merrimack so they get just as pumped. And then it comes down to talent...
Spaulding definitely came out looking for blood. No team has embarrassed them more than BG. Losing 42-0 against a team's starters stinks, but try losing 55-0 and knowing their JV team ran all over you. BG's offense actually did not play as poorly as you all think. They had very little possession since their defense let up such long drives, but they scored 4 times in 6 possessions. Also, the Spaulding TD was set up by a poor snap on a punt, so it isn't like they drove down the field on BG, they got the ball in the BG redzone.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxSportsNH on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:51 am

this is one of the best inside boards, Seems like alot of BG info for sure.

If I remember Spaulding drove down last year and dropped one in on BG in that game. , with that said, The Spaulding game is over 27-8 is the final and likely a good lesson in practice prep was had by the BG kids and coaches(from Coach Cote comments after game)

I think the Merrimack/BG game has potential to be a decent football game this week, neighboring schools, some animosity on the Merrimack side from BG kids from Merrimack.

From all the WMUR TV, the numerous Telegraph articles there must be something special about the Merrimack Tomahawks Back(King), and this team..

I may have to make the ride to Stellos this week.

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Yea, I'm starting to get the feeling there will be a lot of drama at Stellos when the BG-Merry game is transpiring. Heck, there's a lot of drama just taking into account all the characters in attendance for BG in the parental area. Heck, there's a lot of drama where ever GNG is also. I will say one thing. If there is any time for Merry to come up big against BG it will be this weekend. This isn't the Tojo BG juggernaut team we've been accustomed to the last few seasons. There are some cracks in the BG armor.

Whether the Merry football team has the talent or coaching to widen some of those BG football cracks remains to be seen.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Merrimack has 2 studs. King and Myers. Key on those 2 you win. That's all they got for skill players, or that's all they use. Pretty simple, stop them and you win.

I was right about this being Merrimack's SUPER BOWL. They are selling TERRIBLE TOWELS for the game, and are having a whiteout.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 am

MaxSportsNH wrote:D2 stats on NH Sports page, Week 4 could show a definitive leader atop the D2 board as far as rushing, BG-Merrimack will be a game to see and possibly some questions can be answered.

*** Did BG just have a flat game against Spaulding, or did Spaulding just come out like it was their game.
*** Coming off the Win, will Merrimack be on fire and pumped and play this game as if a playoff game ?
*** Im pretty sure BG's Mailloux (GNG?) is a Merrimack Kid also, so who is the Top Merrimack Back, Can BG Contain King and Myers ?

Top 5 Rushing 2011-2012
#
Player Name
Team
Rush Attempts
Rushing Yds
1 Zach Mailloux Bishop Guertin 47 268.0
2 Jackson King Merrimack 62 267.0
3 Colin Shaughnessy Dover 22 195.0
4 Chaz Myers Merrimack 29 183.0
5 Anthony Gillis Timberlane 24 164.0

I think it's interesting that King and Myers both get so much press...but Colin Pellerin and Nate F. (too long a last name to spell...hahaha!) have 350 yards EACH for the same team at Hollis-Brookline.

Oh yeah, and Hollis has only played 3 games (had a buy alraedy), one of which was a win against a school with more than double thier enrollment (Memorial). But, neither of those kids will be paid much attention to by the media because they're not on a perennial power.

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum