New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

week 2 d2 preview

4 posters

Go down

week 2 d2 preview Empty week 2 d2 preview

Post  GNG Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 am

I am going to keep track of my predictions this year. I will be at least 80% picking the winners. BOOK IT.

Alvirne at Keene. The blackbirds are tough at home. Alvirne is young {if I had a dollar for everytime a d2 coach says their team is young this season. I would have ALOT of dollars by the end of the season.}. Keene cruises 35-7.

Dover at Merrimack. Two young teams, one team has a good defense but limited offense. One has a good offense with no kicking game, and a questionable defense. Merrimack goes for 2 all game long and wins 16-14.

Spaulding at Winnie.Two more young teams. Winnie wins alot to a little.

Timberlane at BG. Feature d2 game of the week. Coach Cote will be fed up reading about his anemic offense. Timberlane is tough, BG is fast. Gotta believe Guertin doesn't lose 2 in a row at home. BG 28-17.

Taking all the home teams this week. Don't worry that won't become a trend.

This has to be a record for young teams in a division. I count 6. ALVIRNE,DOVER,MERRIMACK, SPAULDING, WINNIE, AND WEST.

I got Keene, BG, and Timberlane making the playoffs. I wonder which YOUNG team will step up to be the 4th.

Let's get the party started. The games count this week.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

week 2 d2 preview Empty Re: week 2 d2 preview

Post  GNG Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:33 am

This is going to be a season of have's and have not's in division 2. From what I have seen so far the have not's are going to be the story here. There are way more have not's then haves.

SPAULDING- 42-0 loss to Winnie. They are my early on favorite to finish 0-8 in the division.

WEST- Thank God for Spaulding, or else they would be my pick to finish last. 1-7 sounds about right.

ALVIRNE- Pencil West and Spaulding as the Broncos only 2 victories of the year.

MERRIMACK. The Tomahawks gave up 292 yards rushing to Dover. IN ONE HALF. Their defense will stop Alvirne,Spaulding,and West to finish 6th in the division.

STILL NOT SOLD ON

DOVER. With the victory over Merrimack they are guaranteed 4 victories in the divison. The winner of next weeks game against Winnie will be the 4th team in the playoffs.

WINNIE. Remember it was Spaulding. The winner of next weeks game against Dover will be the 4th team in the playoffs.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

week 2 d2 preview Empty Pete and Jeremy

Post  GNG Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:59 am

They ask the hard questions, and know their stuff. GREAT JOB on wgam this morning. If I owned a station you 2 would have a job covering high school sports.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Just saw the PA - South score online... 56-14... Makes you think perhaps BG's glass is more than half full, huh?!?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:05 pm

"The Astros total domination of the game was hardly reflected in the score".
Gary Fitz Friday Sept 9th, 2011
In reference to The Pinkerton - BG game.

MAYBE NOT. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks GNG, it's appreciated. Pete. I've known Pete for awhile now, we have good rapport. We were both actually just fill-in hosts this morning though, as the regular guys Chris Shuker and Sean Sendall were both away at weddings.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:46 pm

If GNG owned a radio station it would be called WBGHS

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content