New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Looks like division 3 is the place to be.

3 posters

Go down

Looks like division 3 is the place to be. Empty Looks like division 3 is the place to be.

Post  GNG Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:49 am

Holy smokes, it's going to be a dogfight just to get to the playoffs in d3. Souhegan, Bedford, Milford, Hollis Brookline, Portsmouth, and Goffstown are going to make for some exciting football. Definitely the best division in football this year.

Division One Going to Have Pinkerton and South on one level, then Salem, Exeter and maybe Central on another level, and everybody else looking up.

Division Two. Bg and Keene, one will have one loss, one will be undefeated in league play. Timberlane as a sleeper. Winnie, and Dover, not the Winnie and Dover from last season. The weakest of the 3 divisions in my opinion. The bottom teams in this division are really the have nots.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Looks like division 3 is the place to be. Empty Re: Looks like division 3 is the place to be.

Post  Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 pm

D3 is going to be very exciting this year. And the exciting in division games are going to start next week, with Bedford @ Goffstown and Portsmouth @ Souhegan. Really can't wait to see this season unfold.

Back to top Go down

Looks like division 3 is the place to be. Empty Re: Looks like division 3 is the place to be.

Post  bumper Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 pm

I saw the Central Portsmouth Game and could not have been more shocked. Central could not handle Portsmouth up front. The offensive line had no answer for any of Portsmouth inside blitz game. They will need to fix that in a hurry. Defensively Portsmouth had a few glitches at the outside backer position and Portsmouth had some issues tackling on the perimeter. But up front there defense was strong. The Feeney kid did a great job at inside backer and Lane Covered JR Brown all night and held him to one reception.

Central has some work to do. Over 400 yards of offense given up to Portsmouth. Central will not make the Div 1 playoffs.

If Portsmouth plays as physical up front against D3 opponants they will make a return trip to the playoffs. They still have some solid athletes lead by Bill Lane and QB (Hartman). I hope I can see next weeks game between Portsmouth and Souhegan. I am sure it will be another battle.

Word is Portsmouth played without 6 starters. 4 to injury and 2 to suspension

bumper
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am

Top QB: Connor Benjamin (Goffstown), Hartman (Portsmouth)
Top RB: Colin Pellerin, Nate F. (Hollis-Brookline), Bill Lane (Portsmouth)
Top Receivers: Chris Chininis (Souhegan), Chris Garrison (Goffstown), Mitch Frick (H-B), Gardiner (Bedford)
Top Linemen: Rick Holt (Portsmouth), Rob Boivin (H-B), Jake Kennedy (Souhegan)...all 3 are huge 2-way difference-makers.

Best LB's: Portsmouth
Best DL: Bedford
Best DB's: Hollis-Brookline

Best overall Defenses:
1. Bedford (their DL is elite, and their backers are very good)
2. Hollis-Brookline (Elite secondary, good LB, good experienced DL)
3. Portsmouth (ILB's are elite, secondary is great, Holt on the DL makes that unit strong)
4. Milford (solid at all positons, but not great. Good size up front)

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:59 am

Would have to throw Andrew Bellantoni into that mix of best Linemen, despite missing the last two games he still in my mind one of the best in this division.

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:05 pm

bigman44 wrote:Would have to throw Andrew Bellantoni into that mix of best Linemen, despite missing the last two games he still in my mind one of the best in this division.

It's certainly possible. I don't think I've seen him play! Who does he suit-up for?

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Milford, he's been out the past two weeks with a concussion but he'll be back this week vs Portsmouth, also back this week for Milford is Guard Jordan Gaudette who has yet to play this year which will be a big help, since Milford has been having to shuffle a lot around because of injuries on the line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down