@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Coach Reilly will be only to happy to hang half a hundred on BG's defense next weekend.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Coach Reilly will be only to happy to hang half a hundred on BG's defense next weekend. - Page 2 Empty Re: Coach Reilly will be only to happy to hang half a hundred on BG's defense next weekend.

Post  JAF on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 am

Is that last sentence a note of sarcasm from GNG? Razz Anyway the game against Timberlane is a huge test of what did you learn, what will/can you do better, and are you going to be competitive this season. Timberlane will be a tough test for them. Generally pretty big up front and usually with decent skill players. They draw from a large area and because of their wrestling program will always have tough kids. They are in the second year of a new program and last week beat a Bedford team many considered to be at the top of DIII. A loss to Timberlane would probably mean playoffs would all be on the road this year "if" they make it.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Coach Reilly will be only to happy to hang half a hundred on BG's defense next weekend. - Page 2 Empty Re: Coach Reilly will be only to happy to hang half a hundred on BG's defense next weekend.

Post  GNG on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:48 am

Last year's game at Timby was no walk in the park. Your right JAF, big tough kids who hit hard. They have moved up my preseason radar from not making the playoffs to finishing 2nd or 3rd this year. Judging by the amount of coaches and players I saw from Timberlane at the BG game Saturday it looks like they are into it. This might be their hardest contest{division 2} until they play at Keene.BG's slogan for the week should be "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION".

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:08 am

Just to show you the difference between division 2 programs read the Telegraph today. BG loses to THE BEST team in NH and we{ or at least me} think the sky is falling. Merrimack loses to division 3 Goffstown and the coach is happy. That mentality is one of the reasons we picked Guertin. Coaches,players, and fans can all get used to losing. Make all sorts of excuses for it.

My hope is that Coach Cote didn't get used to losing at West, and will use a take no prisoners attitude for the division 2 schedule.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 am

Wow, Mr N still sending low blows to the town of Merrimack.

Merrimack needs some good news. When do those outlets open up that have been talked about for the last decade or so?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

Not low blows, merely comparing how two teams in the same division view a loss.

The outlets will be open within one year.

T@F, The city of Providence is still standing after one weekend of son of T@F, and sons of GNG attending the same college.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am

OK, instead of low blows I will call them:

side door back handed verbal slaps

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 am

And if Providence could withstand the onslaught of Hurricane Irene's wind, flooding and the moving in of the sons of GNG/T&F......

......Then Providence is a hearty New England city that will stand forever.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 am

Gee I wish this blog was around the week after BG lost to Billerica - I can only imagine the bashing GNG would have done about the selection of the QB in the Keene game the following week. IMO - that game was far worse that this PA game and by the "by one of the best coaching staffs in the history of NH hs football". I do remember feeling that the comments after the game by that staff were pointed in the wrong direction - I had the same feeling after the Billerica game. I wouldn't say Cote was happy or "used to" losing if you read his sound bites in the papers. I thought he gave an honest assessment. Even O'Reilly seemed like he wasn't thrilled about certain aspects of his teams game. Watch the tape from Jeremy's interview after the game - I have to laugh about the players responses to his questions... The difference and reason why those scores were so easy was the defense was tired - not that the offense did anything better. While I like/admire Davies for his runs - I think BG adjusted to him pretty quickly after the first series. Sure he popped a couple big runs as the game went on, but it wasn't every time he touched the ball. Of Smith's 99 yards, I'd say 40-50 came on one run (in Jeremy's highlight package) - that was a nifty run. It was pointed out that the BG O-Line wasn't fully to blame, but they certainly didn't help. In order for the backs to get to the edge or through the middle - that line has to do a better job. There is a reason the offense went to the shotgun snaps - it worked for a little while, but PA adjusted. Unfortunately the guy behind Fahey isn't 230 pounds of ramming power nor are the wings both blazingly fast. Attempting to run a few options plays out of the formation meant the tail had to get out to his pitch point - which wasn't done. Cannot blame the O-line or coach on that - that's squarely on the players. Not having a TE dump game or having wideout options for Fahey to throw to means the offense needs tweaks. Work plays to the strengths. I do agree about one thing and I said it back when it was first mentioned that the Wing-T was going to be the offense of the new staff - I don't think the personal that BG has is built for a Wing-T offense, but it's still just 1 game - let's see where we are after 5 games

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Jaf's BG glass is half full sunny and GNG's BG glass is...

...Half empty Sad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:11 pm

I would have been blasting them much like I was blasting them last year after the Dover game. Call em like I see em. Always have,always will.

They were not dominated in the Keene game. The pinkerton coach was toying with them the other night. We will go for it on 4th down because we know BG will not score. Much,much worse then the Keene game. Keene kid falls on missed fg for a td to win it if my memory serves me.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:24 pm

It should also be noted that nobody screamed louder on the blogs last year for the return of Coach Phillips to the sideline then me.My son had him for psych and badgered him everyday {as did several others} to return to the sidelines. They did not lose a game after he returned.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Let's just say having the opportunity to fall on a ball in the end zone on a failed FG attempt to win the game was the result of some dubious decisions prior to that. There's no way that game should have been that close. I had a senior on that team... The only time the offense moved was when Cuipa was inserted into the game, but he didn't have enough time to rescue them and was far too inexperienced at the time both with the offense and the speed of the game. Literally my glass is empty - my youngest isn't playing football this fall. I just don't idolize the former staff as much as GNG does - I respect their football knowledge completely. I am willing to give the new staff time to make things work. Even God took 7 days, right? Smile How long did it take to build the Roman empire? And how quickly did it fall? Why do empires fall? Usually because the leader thinks he's unbeatable and beyond reproach, but gets done in by someone he trusts. Et tu, Brute?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:31 pm

This is funny. Jaf using analogies of God creating the world and the building of the Roman empire to describe the BG football program.

Hail Caesar and Jaf !!!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Coach Reilly will be only to happy to hang half a hundred on BG's defense next weekend. - Page 2 Empty Re:

Post  E.I.R. on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 pm

@JAF: Speaking of Rome and the creation story, back when I played (WAAAAAY back) I was a lineman, so when I watch football games I tend to watch them, and I have on occasion defended them when people blame a game on an O-Line. However, my earlier comment wasn't meant to defend the line or say that they played well, I was merely pointing out that the whole offense played poorly. I also agree with your comment about the PA touchdowns being the result of a worn down defense. As for Davies, I'd say after the first drive they did a decent job taking the middle away from him, the problem was that PA used him on sweeps. He's big, quick, low, and had the chance to run all over BG defensive backs because the OLBs got blocked in and did an awful job containing (also a reason Smith had some of his big runs). If I wasn't mistaken, O'Reilly also had his guards false pulling a lot, and then ran up the middle. Ballsy move IMO because if the ILB were slow to read they could have made the play, but they must have seen BG-Salem film from the jamboree and realized that BG's backers move to the outside very quickly (the inside backers that is. I am still very unimpressed with the play of BG's Boudreau at OLB).
@JAF and GNG: Timberlane is not only always a tough team in general, but they always play BG especially tough. It's their big game, and I don't doubt they'll be fired up for this week's game. Drawback for them? I've heard from a friend whose son plays for Bedford that their starting RB hurt himself pretty badly, got carted off the field at the end of the game.Regardless, they did beat a team that many think should win the DIII crown and will most likely play in DII next year, and will be a toughie for BG to beat. I am also optimistic that the BG Cards can be holding the plaque at the end of the year, they just need to step up the effort level big time, on the game surface and in practice. Hopefully those O-lineman will either work their tails off this week and give the skill players a chance to shine (and receive all the glory for their hard work...oops, my bias is coming out Wink ) or the coaches will find a way to motivate them--start other kids. I think having coaches that try to instill fear is a dubious way to get hard work, as is being the kids' friends, but nothing speaks more to these kids than playing time. Make some competition for those spots and you'd be amazed how much harder kids will work.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:44 am

Giving lineman glory - almost never happens. That's why Phillips has the lineman's creed and read it prior to every game to just the lineman. Because my son was a lineman I find myself watching them a lot too - it's a habit now. Everyone around me will say "did you see..." - I usually don't!

The one thing you cannot forget about Timberlane is that they are like 1000 time defending state wrestling champions (or something close to that)! That gives them an advantage on some techniques. Invariably like Pinkerton they have 1 or 2 larger boys. Interesting if they don't have their starting back - begs the question why would he be in at the tail end of what was a 48-27 game. I see that in the Eagle Tribune article: http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x1095935169/Bidgood-Owls-offense-razor-sharp-in-opener

Finally remember - EVERYONE plays BG hard because they are the litmus test for every coach to determine where their program stands within the division. That comes with being so good for so long. PA usually gets the same respect in D1.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum