New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA

5 posters

Go down

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA Empty Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Wed May 25, 2011 8:13 am

Up early this morning, looking at the Fosters and what do I see in the sports section?

This -> http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110525/GJSPORTS_01/705259925/-1/FOSSPORTS

The article details how the NHIAA assigned a double forfeit to the St. Thomas & Bishop Brady girl’s tennis teams. The incompetence comes from the fact after they did this, they did not update their own site with change in records and the corresponding changes in the seeding for post-season play.

Seriously, there is no excuse for this. I do not follow tennis much at all, but if you are a person with some interest in this, you would need this article to under why the standings page and the final seedings did not agree. The NHIAA still has not updated the match in question. As of 10 minutes ago, It still shows as a NP (Not Played) result.

We have discussed at length how this group has made a total joke out of the use of a system other than pure win-loss records to determine post-season seeding. Does anyone think they are ever going to get this right when they can’t even manage to follow through and update results that affect the #1 seed in a particular sport? Where this was tennis, it could possibly have gone totally unnoticed. If this was football, baseball, or basketball how outraged would the posters here be?

It is one thing to get a score wrong from time to time, or have their little disclaimer:

NOTE: The following are not official NHIAA standings. They are only the accumulation of game results as reported by the athletic directors and coaches.

Come the end of the season, it is not an unrealistic request that they update the standings page with the ‘official’ records. After all, who do they think it is that looks at those pages?

Once again, I offer up Maine’s use of the Heal system and people who actually know what they are doing to keep things up to date.

http://www.schtools.net/membersnew/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=hpstdg&newsport=1&Org=MPA

Take look through some of the sports on their site. NO foolish disclaimers, and they actually publish a listing of games/matches they did not receive results for. They tell you “Standings computed as of 25-May-11”. This how you handle keeping athletes, coaches, parents, family friends and other interested people up to date on the current standings of high school sports. Just an example, in baseball Maine has 50% more teams to deal with than we do here in NH and they have a great system that is up to date and you know what has not been posted. No excuse for NH to be so disorganized!

It really is long part the time for this organization to get its collective head out of the sand!

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA Empty Re: Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA

Post  GNG Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 am

TOTAL BS. However since it is the nhiaa it doesn't surprise me in the least. That's the sad part, everyone expects incompetency when dealing with the nhiaa. Your wrong on one point though, I don't believe their heads are in the sand. I think their heads are somewhere else.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA Empty Re: Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 am

LOL, I tend to agree there are many ways to say it, but to quote Doug Neidermeyer “decorum prohibits listing them here”

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA Empty Time to bring it to the attention of the Telegraph,Union leader and so on.

Post  basketballtime Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 am

I don't know about you guys but it seems like everyone has a beef with the NHIAA? Maybe it's time for all of us to go the papers with these issues? There's nothing like a big black boot up a your you know what to help get your head back out... affraid

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Wed May 25, 2011 9:05 am

It will not change until the schools stand up together and force them to change.

They took away one of the best days in all of NH high school sports when they blew up the quaterfinal days at UNH/PSU/SNHU for basketball. Same for things like the quaterfinals in baseball/softball at Concord. That was especially great for parents who had kids in the qtrs in both sports as well as fans of the school.

I loved going and seeing 8 schools compete in that kind of atmosphere in one day. It was fantastic for the kids, parents and towns. I am not absolutely certain for the reason for this, (have heard some 3rd hand stories, but not anything I can fully confirm) but the end result is the NHIAA killed the dream for many high school atheletes to compete in that setting.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA Empty This doesn’t surprise me.

Post  8992 Wed May 25, 2011 1:33 pm

This doesn’t surprise me.
Several years ago @ a high profile track meet “The Meet of Champions”. A decision was made by the NHTOA and the NHIAA not to follow there OWN track & field procedures. This lead to confusion and eventually one of the top teams in the state, in that event, not allowed to compete and not allowed a chance to qualify for the New England’s track and field meet to be held the following week.
When I and others (parents, Ad’s, coaches…etc) tried to contact the meet committee organizers NHTOA and the NHIAA we were all sent to another person to speak to about the issue. It was never resolved before the meet and the issue has never been addressed again by either organization to keep it from happening again.
I seemed that the NHIAA and the NHTOA were upset that anyone would question their decision making. It was also interesting that the following year that schools coach was put on disciplinary probation by the NHTOA for a minuscule decision he made.

Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Yet another example of the incompetence of the NHIAA Empty Not even close

Post  chicagokid43 Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 pm

This is not even close to the worst decision in NHIAA history this year alone. I have been asked to not talk about it but this year the NHIAA failed to act on a situation that makes this look like a error involving a game of checkers.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down