@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena

Go down

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena Empty Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

I think the NHIAA needs to spread the word on why the Verizon Wireless Arena is not able to host the Basketball championship games. Give us as fans of the game a good reason that they cannot empty out one day in March to host the games. The Verizon Arena is in the right location, Seats enough to sell tickets by location and seat fans together. Would make it easier for the towns west and north east of Manchester to get to the games as well as make it easier for fans to come see both games without leaving and getting back in line after each game. It would also help the local economy of Manchester. Many who come for all four games would leave and eat lunch between the two sessions. Local eateries would benefit from the bigger event. So much good would come out of the switch it is hard for me to understand why this is not a great option for everyone.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena Empty Re: Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena

Post  Tulliver on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Do we know for a fact that Verizon is the hold up and not the NHIAA?

I think calling for a boycott without knowing that would be rash and unfair.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena Empty Boycott was just to get attention

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I used that word to rouse the fans, I would not boycott either unless I knew they were the hold up. I wish we could get the NHIAA to talk to the fans of the sport in some way. Anyone have any connections that would maybe be able to give us some insight? About 5 years ago I went to the Globetrotters in Manchester and you could count how many fans there were in each section. I am wondering if the Arena has ever been approached by the NHIAA also.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:41 pm

chicagokid43 wrote:I used that word to rouse the fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, ChiKid:

Would it be safe to assume you are in the upper 1% of rousing basketball fans in the state of NH Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:47 pm

I think the Verizon would be an excellent venue, and this comes from a guy that only has to drive 20 minutes from rochester to get to the UNH Games. It seems like a more centralized location for all the D1 and D2 teams. Plus, I'd be very excited over the prospect of sitting on a chair with a back on it.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena Empty I'm Number One!

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm Number one because I hold the game at a very high level and want the same from this state as I did the one I left.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't mean to be "rousing" HS b-ball fans, like some other(s) on this Forum, but the Verizon has been open since November of 2001. Every year there are cries to hold the basketball championships there. I believe it hasn't even come close to happening. I think just after they switched the Class L championship from The Whit back to Lundholm after the The V opened, they did it because there were problems abounding with holding the Class L game at the Whit. The stands weren't filled. The locker room set up wasn't the best etc etc. That was with one game.

Maybe, if they had 2, 3 or 4 championship games at The V some good things would happen. Wouldn't it be great if they offered a one admission ticket for $15 to $20 that would get you into all games if they played 3 to 4 games there in one day? The eateries and pubs around The V would benefit. This all makes too much sense. There must be financial and logistical problems at The V for them not to have done this so far or UNH might not want to lose their grip ($$$$) on hosting those championship games and they have an agreement with NHIAA that is strong and unbending. All I know is it makes too much sense to hold the D1 to D4 Championship games at The V, which is why it will never happen. This is frustrating after seeing them do the hockey championship games at The V.

But heh, at least that nice basketball court they store at The V gets used twice a year by the Celtics' reserves in the exhibition game and the Harlem Globetrotters. Wouldn't want that court to get dusty would we ??

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena Empty Money

Post  KG on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I know the games got cut from the quarterfinals on to the semis on because it was too expensive to do all of the games, I can't imagine doing it at the Verizon would be less expensive than Lundholm. However, I would love to see it at the Verizon. If any of you have gone to Maine to see any of their playoff games, they do it at the cumberland county civic center and have no problem selling tickets. NH basketball should take some cues from Maine, with playoff locations and with the heal point system

KG
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Boycott Verizon Wireless Arena Empty This is what Bothers me

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I guess what bothers me is the fact that the Verizon Wireless Arena is supported 364 days a year by the local community and are unwilling to give back a day of meager gains or even a small loss. I wish we could at least hear what the cost would be to do it and if they are even willing to talk. Why doesn't someone from the NHIAA go to the Arena and at least get a number from them as what it would cost for one days use.
This year to see two games at UNH it cost 14 dollars. Make the Verizon a all day event with D3/4 playing at say 10 and 12 for session one and session two be at 4 and 6. That gives the arena a chance to sell for two events, a chance for people to see all the title games and the local venders to cash in on a lunch and dinner rush at what is typically a low travel day in NH. Think about it when locals come to see the Globetrotters they are not paying huge money and the crowds are not that great. If nothing else I wish someone would pass this along to the NHIAA and have them address us so we know why it is not even in the discussions. Inform the fans!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum