Top posting users this month

D1 Boy's Semi Finals

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: D1 Boy's Semi Finals

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Wow, The Holy Grail has:

Ordained Burgers

Sinless Sandwiches - Cross this off GNG's eatery list. He certainly doesn't qualify.

Saintly Seafood

Papal Pasta

Divine Desserts

Canonized coffee drinks

Looks like a place that should be well attended by Trinity and BG patrons before and after the game on Saturday.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 3 Empty Trinity has the best fans

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 pm

My top 3 Trinity- they have it down to a science. I loved the "WE WANT CENTRAL" chant while the bg students were near them.

Spaulding- for that 1 playoff game at bg, they actually were better then Trinity. Trinity gets the nod for season long consistency.

Merrimack- they sure come up with some clever cheers.

BG student section finally showed a little enthusiasum last game, but they have their work cut out for them if they want to match Trinity.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Memorial should be on your list:

They have transformed from a school where 5 fans would attend to having a well packed student section.

They organize well.... created a flag, banner and signs.

Their cheers are clever and they are VERY positive in their cheers... whereas some of the schools on your list are not.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 3 Empty I did not know that Tulliver

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

When BG played Memorial I didn't notice the student section. I am all for keeping it positive. Many people feel the guertin student section is lame because they are under the watchful eye of TOJO. Rather have lame then rude.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Salem has an active student section, too.... Trinity only started chanting "We want Central" because the BG student section got up in the 4th quarter and started doing Alvirne cheers - it was rather comical to watch.

I think "being competitive" has a lot to do with gaining/keeping students interest. Who wants to go cheer when your team is losing by 20+ every game. The current perspective from this BG parent is that other cheers seems to start with something about bibles to which BG students respond with something about phonics. There's not a whole lot of creativity especially due to the administration keeping a close eye on them. My son created a "Easy Button" sign to bring to hockey games - in one game where the goals really came easy - he was asked to take it down. One of the girls hockey captain's names is Morgan - so he made a sign about Captain Morgan - let's just say it didn't get past the censors.

I can remember going to the game the last time BG was the champs in '83 - Skip Barry was a force and alas I was in the losing side's student section... Here's a link on the NHIAA site for all tourney champions of the past for all sports: http://www.nhiaa.org/PDFs/3227/Champions.pdf

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum