@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

D1 Boy's Semi Finals

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Wow

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:02 pm

This sounds like it's become a real good game. Despite putting themselves in a hole Alvirne has fought back to make it a 31-25 game. Alvirne started the 3rd off with at 6-0 run. Sounds like they used great defense and some offensive boards/put backs to get back in. With 1.6 left Baldwin from Alvirne was inbounding the ball and Majong must've had his back turned and Baldwin threw the ball off his back and put it in at the buzzer sounds like a great play to end a very solid quarter for them.

Trinity- 31

Alvirne- 25

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boy's Semi Finals

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Trinity over Alvirne 51-36, I'll let someone that was there give a recap of the game.

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty It is going to be...

Post  boxout on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 pm

a classic. Slow start from Central, but they have caught fire in the last 3 minutes. 17 BG 16 Central.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Bg up after 1. 19-16

Bg 32- Central 31 at half

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Fouls

Post  boxout on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Bigman any idea about the team foul and personal foul situation for both?

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 pm

No I'm not sure.

Bg-49

Central- 38

End of 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Lol I think I just heard GNG scream "Lets go Remi"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 pm

Green has 4 fouls Mcclung 3 BG has 4 team fouls this half. Central making a strong run it's not 49-44. Migs is putting Green back in with 4.

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Trinity BG final

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:06 pm

BG advances to the 'ship with at 64-55.

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty That is what I mean

Post  boxout on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Can you believe that they are not going to broadcast the DII games tomorrow night on WGAM. I bet there is a Monarchs game on, they should not cover Monarchs.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Too bad for the Broncs. Expected from BG.

Should be a good final.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Doubledribble...your post was obviously sarcastic, and we don't allow that type of posting about coaches or programs here. Keep it about the game...

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 pm

In the first game Trinity basically won the game in the first 4 minutes. Zach Stevens hit 3 nothing but nets 3's to help give Trinity an early 10 - 0 lead. On the defensive end Trinity intimidated Alvrine by blocking around 5 shots in the first 4 minutes. After that Alvrine players were hearing footsteps and looking for defensive arms every time they drove to the basket. Even when they had a clear lane a Bronco would hesitate going to the rack.

Alvrine did make a run at the end of the 3rd period and were only down 31 - 25 entering the 4th, but they turned the ball over on their first possession and Trinity then went up by 8 and they never looked back for the rest of the game. Trinity's length posed problems for Alvrine all night. Giampetruzzi sunk 4 big baskets for the Pioneers to put the Broncos on ice in the 4th period. Aluko went 8 -9 from the FT line. Trinity won this game with their defense and limiting Alvrine's second chances on the offensive end.

Zach Stevens name was pronounced Zach Stir-vens (Stervens) the whole first half because that was the way it was spelled in the program. A correction was made at half time. With scoring 14 points in the first half and zero in the 2nd half, maybe Zach might want to tell the announcers he has changed his name back to Stervens.

Alvrine - 7 3 15 11 - 36
Trinity - 16 11 2 20 - 51

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:22 am

Yes 0 points on what I think was 0 shots, I think Alvirne made the necessary adjustments to at least make sure they didn't lose this one from the 3 point line (unlike Memorial it was clear if they were going to leave Trinity open, they were going to pay). I honestly can't recall Stevens taking a single shot in the second half as a result of the defense keying on him after the hot start. Worked in the third quarter but then they paid for it in the fourth as the other players started making shots and the gap widened back out. A very nice job by the Pioneers. Very impressed with Giampretuzzi's poise as a freshman - made some big shots down the stretch when left open. Aluko also had a very nice night from the foul line - not sure how many he took , but he made pretty close to all of them. Talk about night and day games from Alvirne opponents - Memorial struggled from the 3 point and foul lines (9 for 36 and 1 for 14, respectively), while Trinity made a very hight percentage of both.

Also - congrats to the Broncos - they really came on strong down the stretch and certainly had a memorable playoff run. Even with the loss of Donnelly, they appear to have quite a few pieces to have a strong team again next year.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 am

The first half of the Central - BG game was..... Well, it was of Epic quality. BG had a fast start with Green and Pyzocha getting the Cardinals off to a nice start. Wickey and Melendez did an excellent job of keeping Central in the game. Melendez hit 4 three's, but his misses looked good. Wickey anchored the Little Green with doing everything. The 2nd quarter was back and forth. BG had a 32 - 31 lead at halftime. Green and Wickey were immense.

BG looked like BISHOP GUERTIN in the 3rd period as they outscored Central 17 - 7. They forced turnovers. They fast breaked and filled the lanes and finished. Green scored and looked strong doing it. LaCount scored his first basket of the game with 40 seconds left in the 3rd. Sean McClung made the play of the game when he was on a fast break. He received a pass from the back court area when he was elbow extended past the arc in his offensive half of the court. Without hesitating McClung slapped the ball with two hands - Pistol Pete Maravich-like towards a streaking Kyle Remillard on the fly towards the basket who laid it in. This was an unbelievably instinctual and athletic play. I thought GNG was going to come tumbling down the UNH stands after this play because he was so esctatic.

Central would not go quietly in the 4th. A very important play happened early in the 4th. Green and Melendez were tied up on the floor in the backcourt as play went towards the BG basket. As the 2 were getting up off the floor they pushed and shoved their way to a double foul. It was Green's 3rd foul. Green then picked up his 4th foul with 6:46 left in the game. Over the next 1:30 Central went on a run to cut severly into the Central lead. Coach Migs didn't hesitate to get Green back in quickly with just under 5 minutes to go. The next 3 minutes were hanging in the balance until a Green basket, a McClung basket and a huge steal at half court by Kelly on LaCount turned into a break away basket by Kelly which gave BG some breathing room.

Central took some major punches in the 1st and 3rd quarters and still came back to give BG a heck of a game. They played hard and made BG earn every thing they got tonight. Wickey had a great game with 18 points and a ton of rebounds. He finished his career in style and nearly willed the Little Green to the upset. Melendez was a constant outside threat and finished with 15 points.

Green had one of the best games I've ever seen some one have in the semis. He had 24 points a bushel of rebounds and a few blocks. He was very strong tonight. Nick Pyzocha had the game of his career with 18 points. He picked up BG with his performance. He defended well, got some rebounds and was the floor general that BG needed to get by Central.

BG won this game by getting down and dirty. They did not make a 3 point basket the whole game. They put their hands in the tough basketball dirt of Central and won this physically hard fought game.

Central - 16 15 7 17 - 55
BG - 19 13 17 15 - 64

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty o for 13 from the 3 point line

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:41 am

I rest my case. They were dead tired . First time all season BG hasn't hit at least 3 balls [usually more}. McCLUNG and Green were 0-10 . I have watched these kids play for to long to know that trip had some effect. Watch how many threes they hit against the pioneers Saturday.

MiGS thinks Doc did an incredible job with Central.

Bigman it might have been me yelling, I was right inback of the radio guys.

Wickey was a beast{again} love the kid

How did Memorial lose to Alvirne?

alot of people read this forum.

My kid is toast, no school tommorow { no practice either}, great student never misses school.Throwing the kid a bone.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty MIGS WON IN DURHAM

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 am

That is one monkey off the back.

Cuipa, remi, kelly, pyscho, chartrand, McCarthy, and Seremi have a chance to win a football championship, and a hoops ship in the same year. THAT'S PRETTY COOL. A parent reminded me baseball starts Monday.

AUDIE meLENDEZ PLAYED GREAT BOTH TIMES AGAINST GUERTIN THIS YEAR.

Sean Mc CLUNG IS GONNA HAVE A GREAT FINAL GAME.

good luck Milford,Like I told chikid at the game . I hope yours is a blowout.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 am

No question GNG was heard on the radio. I can hear him through containment walls at Fort Knox. So, would this be a case of Bigman hearing a Bigvoice on the radio?

3 BG people asked me why I wasn't wearing a BG shirt. I had to tell them it's in God's hands and GNG's hands, not necessarily in that order.

I discovered last night if only ChiKid had taken heed of a Milford father more in the last 4 years his knowledge of refereeing would be to the exponential power. How could ChiKid have this refereeing diamond in the rough in his midst and not take advantage of his cool, calm and collected knowledge of rules interpreting? Unbelievable !!!

John Wickey should have no regrets. He played a great final game. He had a great final season. He had a great career. He is also a great kid.

I might look up some Pistol Pete Maravich videos in the next couple of days to see if I can compare one of his passes to the Sean McClung to Remi redirected quick pass for a bucket that was truly a great play.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty A couple of great moments last night

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 am

After my son gets his ankles taped and before he heads over to the locker room he comes up to me in the stands{he has never done this before} He says "We got this", fist bumps me and goes off.

30 seconds left in the game, someone is shooting free throws, he looks over smile EAR TO EAR, fist to chest then points at me. Made me so PROUD. Win or lose Saturday I will remember that till the day I die.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Trinity just dominated alvirne on every aspect of the game. They shut down Donnelly they made every shot very hard for him. He was ice cold. He only hit one three and it was in garbage time at the end if the game. He was terrible from the line. He is usually really well. But give props to Trinity they played well exicuted there offense and played great Defense. I should be a great Championship. Good luck GNG!

But one thought of the game. Do you guys think that there should be a shot clock? Because in the first half of the game trinity was holding the ball for very long periods of time. So i just thought i would throw it ouy. I know alvirne realyy wasnt pressuring the ball but whats your take on implimenting a shot clock?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Abball - That was a frustrating part of the game. There was about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes left in the first half. Trinity was up double digits. Trinity tried to run a couple of offensive sets to no avail. Majong then pulled the ball out and did nothing. Alvrine did nothing on defense and let the clock run down. After about 90 seconds of this nonsense Trinity rotates the ball to an open (go figure why Alvrine left him open after he had already hit 3 previous three's) Zach Stevens who drains a 3. It was a weird 2 minutes of basketball.

You won't see a shot clock because of cost. So, unfortunately that weird 2 minutes will happen again.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Bloggers paradise yesterday

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Talked to Dave Haley - Told him that not everyone that lives in Merrimack is wealthy{his last article implied that}. I also gave him my prediction Trinity by 20. He thought I was pregaming with Chuck Sheen.

Pete Tarrier- I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but I usually like his TAKE on things.

WGAM- told the guys they are doing a great job . I can't believe no radio tonight for those games, cuz that is going to be awesome.

Jeremy- Didn't see him, but saw his video today.

Gary Fitz- He is always interested in the Merrimack perspective.

Chikid- You know if a hoop game is being played in NH this guy will be there.

Jaf- I love sitting next to him at a game .He gives you a ref's point of view.

A veritable all star team, oh yeah T@F was there to. Well every chain has a weak link, every baseball team has a number 9 hitter. I talked to him after the game and he said "Where is everybody going ?". He was under the impression that Central plays 7 quarters of basketball. That Salem/Central triple overtime game really took a toll on our friend.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 pm

GNG - Im starting to think your mind has become totally JADE--D.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 Boy's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty one more thing

Post  GNG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:38 pm

The talk in the stands was that the last championship hoop team from BG, 1983 Or 84 will all be in attendance for the finals. i thought that was pretty cool.

Alot of former BG players,parents,even grandparents at the game last night. That speaks VOLUMES on what people close to the program thinks of the job being done over at Lund rd.

Sherri Cuipa's daughter found the perfect pregame pub on the way to UNH. It's called THE HOLY GRAIL. The green and gold will be checking it out Saturday. I love the name.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I went by the Holy Grail after I worked a game at Epping High. It looks like a great place, except for the spritual holiness of it for you GNG.

Before you enter the Holy Grail for your pre game on Saturday will you:

1) Have holy water tossed on you by Father McGuertin.

2) Confess to Father McGuertin before you enter.

I know some of your past, so just wondering if you will have a clean bill of health to enter a holy eating/drinking place like that.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum