@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year

Go down

Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year Empty Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year

Post  Hoop Fan on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Who are the leading candidates for girl's D1 first team All-State? How about POY? Tuesday and Friday, thoughts?

Hoop Fan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year Empty Leading Candidates:

Post  NHRamFan on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:04 pm

In no particular order:
Sam Corcoran Wnnacunnet
Katherine Harris Pinkerton
Rachel Carter Merrimack
DJ Purcell Alvirne
Savannah Butterfield Londonderry

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year Empty Re: Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Here is my take on Girl's D1 POY:

I like NHRamfan's list. An argument could be made to substitute Catherine Cloutier for Butterfield on the list. I think the world of Rachel Carter and Deanna Purcell. They both had very solid years and are the leaders for their respective teams. With Carter being on a below .500 team that certainly hurts her chances for POY, but not for 1st team All State. Purcell could sneak in and get the POY. It would not surprise me. She does a lot of things well and has Alvrine into the semi finals. Not that stats are everything, but Katherine Harris doesn't have a Hollywood stat line to vault her into the POY. She is a leader and ususally guards the big gun on the opposition.

With the above being said, I think if I had a vote, which I don't, it would go to Sam Corcoran of Winny. They finished as the only undefeated team in D1. Most of their games were blow outs. The next best team was Londonderry and they had 2 losses. After that the next best teams had 4 and 5 losses. What I'm saying is there was a big chasm between Winny and the rest of the girl's field in D1. Corcoran was the rock for the Warriors. Scoring, rebounds and blocked shots. She did it all. She had some monster games and a lot of solid games. I'm sure her stats would've been more padded if she had some more minutes in a lot of Winny's 20 to 40 point victories. So, because Winny was so heads and heels above everybody else in D1 and Corcoran is the best player on the team, she gets my vote for D1 Girl's POY........ If I had one.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year Empty Re: Div. 1 girl's all-state team, Player of the Year

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum