@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Division I Boys Tournament

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Division I Boys Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: Division I Boys Tournament

Post  goldenbear on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Click on the the teams to find the game info for the first round games it will give you something that looks like this

2011 Boys Basketball - Division I Tournament

Spaulding (Cool vs Dover (9)

Site: Spaulding

Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Time: 7:00 p.m.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:27 pm

GNC will they get back in time for the game what happens if they play the first game on Tuesday at 500 instead of 730

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 pm

No they will be back in time to take the bus to Durham. The concern is running around Boston all day, and then playing a game that night.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 pm

OK here we go with the prelims. I'm going to use Tulliver's PP (percentage picks) system. The more I think of Tully's new picking system the better I like it.

Bishop Guertin 100% Concord 0% - It is nice Concord has made it to the dance. This will give them some much needed momentum for their program next year.

Spaulding 51% Dover 49% - An absolute toss up of a game. I just feel Spaulding feels better about their season than Dover does.

Central 85% South 15% - Central lost a couple of years ago to South in a prelim game when Bayliss was a senior. I don't see South pulling the upset. Central is playing too well right now. Muccioli could go off against Central and help South get the W, but I really don't think so.

Salem 100% North 0% - Zero team karma for the Titans gets them Zero percent chance of beating Salem.

Trinity 65% Exeter 35% - Let me see. Exeter has won their last 2 games they have played against Trinity. "Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat it."

Londonderry 50.1% Pinkerton 49.9% - This was going to be 51 to 49 % in favor of Londonderry, but now the game has the factor of being played at NHTI. Amazing these 2 teams are 10 minutes from each other, but have to drive 30 minutes north to play the game.

Memorial 90% West 10% - This would be 100 to zero percent if West wasn't a Manchester city rival.

Merrimack 50% Alvrine 50% - Toughest prelim game to figure out. Merrimack on a downward spiral and Alvrine on a roll. Usually, you go with the team playing better ball, which would be Alvrine. I can't figure out Merrimack losing their 2 games last week by a combined 77 points. If pushed to make a pick on this one......... I just don't know ...... very hard to decide......

.................I will yield to Tully's percentage pick to decide.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 pm

I take Dover over Spaulding....

Merrimack over Alvirne....I'd go Merrimack except for last week....

I leave it to The Assistant

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Good point Tully. The Asst might break the grid lock in my mind on the Alvrine - Merrimack game.

The more I think about this matchup the less I know.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Will be going to the Alvirne merrimack game tomorrow ill post a recap when i can. I think the Broncos has a really good shot to pull an upset. Two teams going in opposite directions Merrimack struggling as of now and Alvirne firing on all cyclinders. Should be a good match up. Alvirne always plays well at the end of the year. This game tomorrow then the girls semifinals Wed? What a weak for alvirne sports. Didnt picture this in the beginning of the year!

Here are my Picks for the Night:

BG Handles concord with ease. Too much talent to handle.

Spaudling and Dover is a toss up game, both teams have had thier struggles but im going with Dover in this one.

Central over south. Too much Wickey and that suspension should hurt South. Not unless south can Keep it close and in the 40's then i give them a shot.

Salem and North is another game that interests me. I think North has a shot, they only lost by 11 in the reg. season when they played salem at salem so i think this one will be close. But Gallant will be too much im going with Salem.

Trinity and Exeter. Exeter beat Trinity in the Reg, season, can they do it again? I think its possible. Trinity is very inconsistent. If they are stagnet on offense i think Exeter has a shot. But at Trinity is a diff story. Their fans are great. Trinity Big.

Rivilary game for the next matchup Pinkerton and Londonderry. I think pinkerton can pull the upset here. If Colby is on for Londonderry it could be hard for them to stop him, and the whole gym dilemma i think is going to play a factor. Im going with Pinkerton.

Battle of Manchesters next West and Memorial. Memorial big West wont be able to stop Madol or Morgan.

And Finally Merrimack and Alvirne. I cant go against Alvirne. They have been playing to well not to pick them. If they can contain Floras i believe they will win the game. Floras will have to have a big game to get the win i believe. I maybe wrong but Merrimack hasnt been playing thier best ball. And its all about how your playing going into the Torney. Alvirne seems to peak at the right time. Im going Alvirne with the upset.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:00 pm

abball, I have to say the Merry - Alvrine matchup is looking more and more like an #8 vs #9 game. Merry has sunk while Alvrine has risen. It might say #6 vs #11 on the bracket, but this is just as much an 8 - 9 game as the Spaulding - Dover game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Division I Boys Tournament - Page 2 Empty Totally Agree

Post  abball on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 pm

I totally Agree with you T&F. Two different directions. Even though Merrimack is still fairly young, i believe they have more talent then Alvirne. But Alvirne will play till the last whistle. They dont give up. Garon has done a great job gettiing them back on track. Where will you be tomorrow T&F?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm bouncing between West at Memorial or South at Central. I've had about a 75% rate of picking to attend the game that wasn't that good when given game choices this year. Going up to NHTI to watch the Lond - Pinky game is intriguing just because of the geographical change of the game and it was a tight matchup to begin with.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 pm

I am going to agree with abball on Dover over Spaulding....

Merri Alvirne...wow... historically I'd take Merrimack and they do have some pride to reclaim... but Alvirne has momentum....and I was really impressed with the coach and team early on...
My spidey senses are in conflict... scratch

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks tully. There are a lot of good games on slate for tomorrow. Should be a very interesting night. And T&F That would be a good game to check out. The Londonderry and Pinkerton game.

Tully:
Spaulding has gone w,l,w,l,w their past five games so does this mean the trend is going to continue? I think so.
Dover on the other had has gone l,w,l,w so does this mean they will continue the trend also?
8and 9 seeds are always a toss up. But dover did beat spaulding by 15 earlier in the season.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:16 pm

I like Romps and a Dover squad in a situation like this anyways...

Dover teams are usually disciplined and gritty and I think that tips it for me.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 am

The capacity at NHTI is 800 according to the article in the Union Leader today. Get there very early if you are going.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 am

Not only the capacity being 800 at NHTI, but Rosinski said the regular season game at Pinkerton drew 1800 fans.

"It all depends on whose fans show up first and get in, so they better get there early," said Rosinski.

The above statement isn't something you want to see if you are a fan of either team making a 30 to 40 minute trip to NHTI. The possibility of getting shut out from the gym after making the effort to get there by 6:00 TO 6:15 pm is high. That is just plain ridiculous. It makes you wonder if Pinkerton offered to host the game, but Londonderry said no and opted for the NHTI route to get a neutral gym. I mean really, do people have to get there between 5:00 to 5:30 pm just to solidify a seat and then wait at the gym longer for the game to be played than it takes for the game to be played?

I say again. RIDICULOUS

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:56 am

Ok - here's my thoughts on the Bronc/Hawk game. First of all, let me just say this Senior class at Alvirne were Freshman the last year I was an asst in Bronco land so I am absolutely rooting for them. I spent a lot of time with Caleb Donnelly that year, and it's really be a pleasure watching him blossom into quite a player.

That said - I'm gonna to go to the stats for this one...lets see what we find.

Floras and Gendron are probably just a bit better than the Bronco duo of Donnelly and Tomaswick, but it's close from a scoring perspective. Either Donnelly or Floras are capable of scoring 30 on any given night. Tomaswick and Gendron have been fairly consistent in the 10-15 pt range. For my money...that's a wash...

Both teams have a few quality wins. Merrimack defeated Salem (in OT), Spaulding and Londonderry as their most prolific victories. Alvirne took down Spaulding, Salem and Dover as theirs. Neither of them beat a top 5 seed. Ok, again...that's a wash....

Merrimack beat Alvirne WAY back in the 1st game of the season 54-42. Ok...that was December. Means nothing in March. Plus it was a close game most the way. Wash.

Bad losses. Merrimack had less of these, losing to Exeter was really their only "bad" loss. Alvrine lost to Exeter, West and Pinkerton, but the Astros were no easy out this year. Ok Merri gets the slight edge here.

Lastly are the intangibles. Alvirne is flat out playing its best basketball in the last month. Since mid February they have lost by 6 to Memorial, beat Spaulding, Dover North and Winny and lost a tight one to Pinkerton. Not bad for team that started 0-6 and arguably had the toughest early schedule in Div I. Merrimack is playing their worst basketball of the year, for all the reasons mentioned in above posts. Edge - huge for Alvirne.

I like Alvirne in this game, but it's really a tossup. I think the Bronco's defense is going to win this game. Jon Baldwin is all over the place defensively and if Tyler Livingston can step up and come close the 19 point 18 rebound effort he had in their win vs. Spaulding (I think it was Spaulding) they will be fine. A lot of things can happen in playoff basketball, once those sneakers hit the hardwood and anticpation is in the air, the playing field is leveled. I think we'll see some upsets in DI, and this could be one of them (depending on who you view the favorite to be).

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Division I Boys Tournament - Page 2 Empty Sixteen teams. One dream.

Post  GNG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:33 pm

It begins tonight...

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:20 pm

If anybody wants to Text message me scores throughout the night I will be home unfortunately but will keep the forum aprised of scores. Private Message me for my phone number.

Data rates apply.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm

If I hit a game... I'll tweet.. you have that Smile

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Tulliver wrote:If I hit a game... I'll tweet.. you have that Smile

And its free! Tweet away!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Division I Boys Tournament - Page 2 Empty Here it is....

Post  boxout on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 pm

1 BG
16 Concord 1BG

8 Spaulding
9 Dover 8 Spaulding 1 BG

4 Central 4 Central
13 South 4 Central

5 Salem 4 Central
12 North 5 Salem
2011 State Champions
Trinity
2 Trinity
15 Exeter 2 Trinity
2 Trinity
7 Londonderry
10 Pinkerton 10 Pinkerton
2 Trinity
3 Memorial
14 West 3 Memorial
6 Merrimack
6 Merrimack
11 Alvirne 6 Merrimack

Last edited by boxout on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FInal Four BG, Central, Trinity, Merrimack. Championship Central VS. Trinity. Champion Trinity)

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Couple of updates so far:

Spaulding leads Dover 27-11 at halftime.

Alvirne leads Merrimack 26-17 at halftime. Garon has the Broncos in a zone, Donnelly with 14 of their 26.

Londonderry leads Pinkerton 33-20 at halftime.

Memorial leading West 16-6 after 1 quarter.

Last edited by The Assistant on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CORRECTED Memorial/West score after 1)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:50 pm

NHSPORTSPAGE's twitter has the Memorial West game 16-6 after 1?

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 pm

whoops - you're right 16-6 Memorial.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:58 pm

For those of you looking to follow along - here are some twitter feeds updating tonight's games:

NH Sports Page - http://twitter.com/nhsportspage

John Doyle (Fosters) is at Spaulding/Dover - http://twitter.com/johndoyle603

Londonderry Athletics - http://twitter.com/Londonderry_ath

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: