@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Division IV Boys Tournament

Go down

Division IV Boys Tournament Empty Division IV Boys Tournament

Post  boxout on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Let's give a little love to the Wilton-Lyndeboro Warriors. They are a number 9 seed and moving on....Having beaten the 8th seed in a mild upset this team is yearly one of the best teams in DIV. Milford coach Dan Murray, guess he wins wherever he goes, set the tempo there years ago, and Sean Young has now continued with a well run program. A struggle and kind of disappointing year may just turn out to be the year this team finally walks away with it all. The boys soccer team did in the fall, can this hoop team get the magic too. Be afraid Newmarket, be very afraid.

Murray wins state championship as player and coach, continually had Wilton winning 10 plus games a year. Leads Milford to an undefeated season and potential back-to-back.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys Tournament Empty Re: Division IV Boys Tournament

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Completely agree - I fully expect Newmarket to run away with the crown this year after seeing them play earlier. Derryfield is good as well (and DID beat NM) and Moultonborough good as well. Should be interesting.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys Tournament Empty Wilton

Post  boxout on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

If I remember correctly Wilton is the school that travels more than any other school in HS sports in NH. That is why I have always liked Wilton, they literally take road trips. I am talking mileage. I use to hate bus rides that were more than an hour long, can you imagine sitting on a school bus for two hours getting prepped for a game? That is crazy. Not too mention most of the time, you get there late and your warm-up times are shortened.
The other thing I find fascinating about DIV is that one player can completely dominate a game like at no other level of NH HS sports. Usually in DI or DII you need at least two star players. That is why I kind of like Wilton to challenge this year with Steven Heck this year.
I do have respect for Newmarket and they are the best team right now in DIV but Wilton has played well against them.
Does anyone remember way back in the day, Pittsburg had two 7 foot twins on their team, they went undefeated like two years in a row. They were such cool cats, they looked like the triplets in the hockey movie SlapShot.
I also am trying to think of the closest DIV school to Wilton. Any help?

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys Tournament Empty Derryfield in Manchester Maybe?

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Is it Derryfield?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys Tournament Empty Actually Nashua Christian

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Actually Nashua Christian or Derryfield would be my best guess.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys Tournament Empty I agree

Post  boxout on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:50 pm

It is probably Derryfield or Nashua Christian. Those schools are not too far away, but remember the times that Wilton is traveling, nothing worse than 101 to Manchester or 101A to Nashua during rush hours. A 20 mile ride can take 45 minutes on a bus. All single lane highways or lights every 50 feet.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 pm

NHSP Division IV Quarterfinal Preview: http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=589

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  D-4hoop411 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 pm

The Assistant wrote:Completely agree - I fully expect Newmarket to run away with the crown this year after seeing them play earlier. Derryfield is good as well (and DID beat NM) and Moultonborough good as well. Should be interesting.

don't be surprised if lisbon handles newmarket in plymouth -- newmarket seems very reliant on edgerly to do everything from scoring to being the direct pass to lead to a score -- i consider the derryfield/moultonborough semi to be the de-facto championship game

D-4hoop411
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Lisbon over Newmarket. Im kind of shocked at this one. Anyone got information on this game?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 pm

I am surprised Newmarket got beat - I was wrong!

It'll be Lisbon vs. Derryfield for the championships. Saw Derryfield, they are good, but beatable. Lisbon won by 13 over Newmarket which is very impressive in my book. Don't know what to think now..gotta love it!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abball on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Me too. I thought Newmarket was going to run away with it this year. Guess not. Strange things happen in March. Asst do you know anything about this game? or just know Newmarket lost?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Don't know anything - just got the score off NHIAA...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:29 am

abball wrote:do you know anything about this game? or just know Newmarket lost?

I saw the game - tight to begin with - Lisbon got a lead of about 6-8 then Newmarket came back and almost tied it. Lisbon had a tight zone and focused on Edgerly. Lisbon also rebounded well and made some great unbelievable baskets. Then Lisbon got T-ed up when #14 the Freshmen did not report to the table before he went out on the floor. It was discovered after he foulded a Newmarket player. So there were 2 shots for the T, 2 foul shots and then Newmarket had the ball again. All the fould shots were made and then Newmarket was down by 1. Alot of fouling and Lisbon missed alot of one and one's, then started hitting them late in the game. Very Physical in the 4th quarter. Unhappy Newmarket fans with a lot of the calls. Lisbon pulled it out in the last 4 minutes and thier lead kept increasing. Hats off to Les Poore and hit squad, led by Jake Clement. I remember watching this kid play in 2008 at PSU during a tournament game as a freshmen and he was only about 5'4" but he was hitting a lot of 3's. Now he is a senior and 6'3". The freshmen for Lisbon this year is quite impressive as well. Good luck to them on Saturday.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 pm

LIsbon beat Derryfield for the DIV championship this afternoon at SNHU 40-33. Congrats to LHS!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum