New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

March 1st Games

+6
1380TheSportsAnimal
JAF
chicagokid43
GNG
D-4hoop411
Tuesday and Friday
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

March 1st Games - Page 3 Empty Re: March 1st Games

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:54 pm

I think it looks like wanna be middle school gang script! But that's just my opinoin Cool

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Oooohh, that hurts, Tully. GNG might not be so forthcoming with the opening of his wallet this Friday for you.

Meanwhile, I have an open expense account with the BG faithful. Go BG !! Go BG !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 pm

No Salem for me anyways Friday... so the mixologist will not have to try to decode my name.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

We'll have a toast for you Tully.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Was going to let GNG have the glory, but he probably forgot... Nice touch by BG also recognizing the 4 Merrimack Seniors in the pregame ceremony. Whether that was done to help diffuse any potential issues with the Merrimack student body - well who knows...

Unlike last year this game was over about 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Sure Sean hit some outrageous 3's, but after the initial adrenalin surge the inability to get into a rhythm offensively for Merrimack doomed them. Migs had 4 pairs of fresh legs and 20 fouls to throw at Dmitri to wear him down if he needed it. I agree with GNG - Pyscho taking it to the hole often surely added to the wear and tear. Only 6 first half points and even when he had an open drive/look - someone came along and made him earn them from the line. Not sure how many he missed in the 3rd quarter, but it was quite a few. I don't remember the last time I've seen that kind of focus and effort from a team to stop just one player. It was a very intense game for about a half, being up by 20 and answering everything Merrimack threw at them with double the points is pretty impressive. Not often the first place team beats the 3rd/4th place team by that many points. Hats off to the BG players from Merrimack who let their actions on the court speak rather than engaging with the student body that was determined to get under their skin.

I have to wonder what ChiKid thought from his vantage point in the BG student section... Similar feel to one of those Milford/Souhegan games (except for the score of course).

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

March 1st Games - Page 3 Empty Perfect Storm?

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Since I was asked I will give a small summation on the game. I am sure it will be similar to others.

First off Sean McClung was incredible in the first half. His shooting percentage was off the charts and his energy was at another level.

Nick P was the next thing I noticed, he had a few nice hoops,a few nice passes and got his hands on several loose balls. It was definitely one of his best halves that I have seen.

Connor Green has the ability to get his shot at will against most teams but needs to start working inside out. I felt he settled for fade away jumpers early when he could have gotten to the hoop. As the game went on he became more aggressive attacking and got himself to the line several times. He seems to be moving way to many parts on his free throws. Falling forward,falling off and just not shooting it with good balance. I would like to see him concentrate on getting a stable base and avoid the movement so he can be more consistent.

BG has so many bodies they can throw at guards that any team that depends on their point guard to score and start the offense will struggle against them. The game plan was no doubt to hit Dimitri at every corner and force him to be tired late but with the way the game was called it didn't last even that long. I am not saying that BG would not have won if the game was called closer but the margin of victory would have been much smaller. I actually talked to Mr Floras after the game and told him to tell Dimitri to keep his head up because I thought he was really hung out to dry with the calls last night. Toward the end of the game one of the referees decided to sum up the game to myself and Mr Collins by saying that the game was a street fight... My thoughts were quick, that is what the whistle is for sir...

BG is definitely a very good team and my pick to win it all but they will have issues if they get three refs in Durham and a team that gets calls and makes free throws. I sort of feel like I do with Milford that they are the favorites and someone will have to play a great game and get some breaks to beat them.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3