New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Usernames vs. Real Names

Go down

Usernames vs. Real Names Empty Usernames vs. Real Names

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 am

I will try end this debate as quickly as possibly.

It is impossible to require REAL names because it would be impossible to verify one's identity. For example, I could register using the email address of mikemitchell33@yahoo.com and obviously pretend to be the 'real' Mike Mitchell.

If somebody can find me a Forum, Blog, or Website of ANY kind that requires a real name, and has a way to verify it, then I will happily switch over. Unless I can get access to the government repository of social security numbers I don't think its possible.

The reason for requiring a Username, and not allowing "Anonymous" posts is so that particular users can be moderated, banned, warned and communicated to. It allows for a track record for each poster that in turn provides myself and the moderators the tools to point out problem users as they show a history of malicious or ill-advised postings.

As a convenience to the hundreds of people who visit the forum every single day, but don't feel they want to contribute, I make all postings available for anonymous "Guests" to read, since this forum has become a repository for game recaps and topic debates.

Any questions?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down