New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games

5 posters

Go down

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games Empty Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 am

In games tonight rescheduled from Feb 1st:

Boys - Memorial 66 Dover 65 Sounds like a good one in Green Wave territory. I don't know any details on this one.

Girls - Dover 50 Memorial 44 I was at this game and it was a disappointing effort from the Lady Crusaders. Their offense was very stagnant in the 1st half. Gendron picked up 3 fouls in the blink of an eye in the 1st quarter and the Memorial Misery seemed to compound after that. Dover was very disciplined on offense and have a couple of bigs who compete well. Memorial threw out too many invitations to their defensive basket which Dover gladly took their hosts up on and finalized some finishes. Dover should finish in the top 8 and host a 1st round playoff game. Memorial still needs to energize their offense and make better decisions when they have the ball. Winny comes to Memorial Tuesday night. This was not a good way to try to gather momentum for the vaunted Warriors.

Things could have been worse this evening. I could have attended the Groveton 63 Lin-Wood 6 boy's game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games Empty Re: Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 pm

From the UL:

Memorial's Nick Wheaton hit a 3 pointer with 40 seconds left in the game to give Memorial the 66 - 65 victory. His winning 3 pointer hit back iron went high in the air and nestled into the twine. It sounds like the famous don Nelson shot in the NBA finals against LA that bounced high in the air and went through the net to give the Celtics one of their NBA titles. Faustino had a 12 footer with 3 seconds left for Dover that hit front of the rim.

Morgan had 24, Madol 20 and Hervens had 8 to lead the Crusaders. Wheaton's winning 3 were the only points he scored in the game. I guess Coach Fitz would probably say better late than never for Wheaton's 3 points.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games Empty Re: Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Here's the article from John Doyle at Fosters. He tweeted updates during the game, that, while not quite the same as watching or listening on the radio, were nice to have as Dover Basketball is not covered by either.

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110208/GJSPORTS_01/702089877/-1/FOSSPORTS03

Sounded from his Tweeted updates last night that Dover had the lead and controlled for a good portion of this game. I told him earlier this week that they needed 1 of 2 (BG coming up next) to be seriously considered as a contender. Looks like they'll need to steal one from BG tonight. TOUGH back to back games for Dover.

I still think if I'm Memorial, BG, Central, Trinity or the like I don't want to play Dover in the 1st or 2nd round...they are a dark horse I believe.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:20 pm

I don't think they should want Dover, Spaulding or Londonderry in the first round.

Those tweets were nice, though.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games Empty Had no IDea

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I had no idea you could nail a in and out three to win a game. Wouldn't it have to be a out and in, or a in,out and in three pointer? If it did go in... the IN happened last I am sure of that!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Always there to point out the negative eh ChiKid.... Looks like their editor fell asleep burning the midnight oil...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Most of the time ChiKid's glass is 3/4 empty..........

.......Then he says, "Bartender, I'll have another beer !!"

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games Empty I will give everyone my thoughts on dover tonight.

Post  GNG Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Memorial,bg,and north not exactly an easy week for the green wave.Tulliver is right,the 1st round will be like walking thru a minefield.I did read in the notebook that spaulding has been battling mono.Their best player {from what I saw when they played bg} has been sidelined for awhile.That would explain their dip lately.T@F, not only did I hit a couple of squares,but one of the crew that was out with you Saturday night hit a hundred dollar square.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:42 pm

That is good news on all the BG people winning all kinds of $$$$ from the Super Bowl.

If you think for a moment BG has become my new favorite team just because I will be treated like royalty at all the future pre and post games with tab pickup from Super Bowl $$$$, well, you might be right.

Go BG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Memorial and Dover Rescheduled Games Empty Yes that was very negative

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Yep had to point out the in and out.
Very happy for Nick Wheaton. He is a good kid and has been in waiting at Memorial for his chance. I think it is great that a senior who not many have known up until this point is stepping up and being a asset to a team that could make a run into March. One of the good stories of this season so far in my eyes.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:29 pm

I sat near the Wheaton fan club at the QCIBT and have to say that even though I don't know him.... he clearly comes from good people.
I was excited to see he had the pivotal 3 as well!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum