New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Kaleb Tarczewski

+7
chicagokid43
JT_nh_hs_fan
carp24
EBlessNHSP
boxout
abball
goldenbear
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Kaleb Tarczewski

Post  goldenbear Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Ranked 8th in ESPN class on 2012

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Re: Kaleb Tarczewski

Post  abball Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Imagine if he didnt go to prep school. do you think his ranking would still be the same? would he have all the same offers he has now or would it be totally different?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:12 pm

And Goldenbear i was just looking at NERR and Kaleb Joseph was in one of the write ups. Seems like he is doing very well at Cushing. Could you say how he is doing or do you not know? South could have really used him this year and in the years to come.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Kaleb T reclassified correct? So he would be a senior I am not sure where he would be ranked but not top 10 probably not top 50

I have not herd anything about Kaleb but I am sure I will soon

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Confused

Post  boxout Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Guys I have looked up Kaleb and it says he is a Junior. What is reclassifying? It says his hometown is in Claremont, did he ever play HS ball in NH or is he always gone private school? Can someone also explain to me why BG, Trinity, and Derryfield aren't in the same conferences as St. Pauls, Phillips Exeter, or any other academy? I have always thought and will always think that these schools recruit.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:30 pm

I believe he did play at Stevens High school for a year or two.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Jordan Laguerre reclassified as well to gain that extra year of Prep eligibility. Pretty sure you have to be at a "Prep" school to do this.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  carp24 Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Kaleb T played at Stevens for 2 years...then transferred and reclaassified to repeat his soph year @ St. Mark's...it is true, Asst., that you need to be moving to a prep school to repeat a grade as they allow a post-grad (or a 5th) year (which NH high schools do not allow)...unless a players repeats a grade in middle school, which happens very frequenlty...in fact, if you look at most of the top fesh and soph's in NH, you'll see that they the grade they are currently in is a year behind their age...they are not true freshman, but "redshirt" freshman if you will...

carp24
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:54 pm

BG, Trinity, and Derryfield

those school dont have a prep team and they dont give athletic scholarships.

Some think they recruit I am pretty sure they do or at least that is what a few faculty members from BG say.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:57 pm

"in fact, if you look at most of the top fesh and soph's in NH, you'll see that they the grade they are currently in is a year behind their age...they are not true freshman, but "redshirt" freshman if you will..."

A rather bold blanket statement. Care to provide names of all these top players? Keep in mind that age & grade often look out of sync to people due to birth date vs school start date. Also, parents often hold a child back an extra before starting school. You do not see many kids held back a grade anymore in middle school.

Last edited by JT_nh_hs_fan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  carp24 Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:01 pm

not a blanket statement, i know not all do, just saying that many do...and i know for a fact that next years best freshman has repeated a year...

carp24
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:10 pm

you know one did, therefore your extrapolating that "most of" or now "many" do. Lets see, how many of the top juniors or seniors did ?

I am assuming your trying to say that being 15 as an incoming freshman in HS is giving "most"/"many" of the best an advantage. Even if this were true, it has very little to do with how they develop in folowing four years in comparison to their fellow classmates.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:55 pm

There as been a recent trend in NH to do so, one Feshman in Concord repeated 8th grade last year, 2 bothers in Concord who were home school enrolled as 8 and 7th graders when their ages put them at 8 and 9 grade

another in Timberlane did it this year.

I am pretty sure one out of the three Freshman Trinity repeated 8th grade if not two of the three,

There was an 8th grader for Nashua Catholic that was n 8th grader in one of the Derry middle school last year

And it does give them a big Age difference they could be turning 19 during the season while others graduate at 17.

But I am all for it if helps the 19 years have a better senior and get some money to go school at any level. IF it helps any of the of kids get in and go to college then you cant argue with it because that is what it is about.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty It can and is part of it

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 pm

No doubt a player who is a good player repeating a grade helps them. Especially if they are one sport athletes that are training year around at that sport. Sure it may not always be a huge thing by their senior year but making your freshmen year after you turn 15 can be a huge asset. My son did it in reverse and we regret it. Mike will still be 17 when he reports to college and there is no doubt in my mind the extra year of maturity and education would have helped him. Between 13 and 15 is when teenage boys really mature and start to get stronger so to say repeating a year does not help would be silly. Especially when you realize that some kids that play sports for just fun will be 13-14 and less trained vs a player who is closer to 15 and training.

As for Kaleb, he would never have been as prepared or ranked as high playing just NH high school ball. His training with the Playaz was huge as well but you just cannot get the same competition in NHIAA as he could on a daily basis playing the likes of Alex Murphy and being coached by Coach Murphy and Lubick. Would he have been a recruited player and gotten a chance at the next level sure but no where near the level he will play now.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Rumors are out that he's committed to play for the University of North Carolina (I'm a HUGE UNC fan so loving this right now). No confirmation yet, but the guys at TarheelIllustrated tweeted it not too long ago.

http://twitter.com/#!/nhsportsforum/status/82923450095779840
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Turns out it was bad info - no committement yet from Kaleb. Good ole Internet strikes again. Favorites do seem to be UNC, Kansas and Arizona at this point. Nice decision to have to make!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

you know one did, therefore your extrapolating that "most of" or now "many" do. Lets see, how many of the top juniors or seniors did ?

Does anyone know if any of this years seniors ever stayed back? I don't recall any of the top twenty kids going that route? Maybe this is the new trend? And if i remember correctly Milford played Stevens/Kaleb during their sophomore year in a tournament up in Plymouth during the summer and beat them? Does that ring a bell Chikid? That will be something else in Milford cap they can tell their children someday if Kaleb ever makes the NBA. As far as going prep if it gives a kid a legit shot at getting a scholarship why not do it?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Play

Post  8992 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 am

Anyone here ever see Kaleb play?

Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Many times

Post  basketballtime Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:46 am

I've seen him play many times at aau tournaments. From what I've seen i think he might struggle at the next level because of his lack of speed and explosiveness. Time will tell but i think if your lacking in that area you need to develop an outside shot that can mask the weaker part of his game. It's not that he doesn't have good post moves it's just the speed you can do it at. You can see many examples of this in the NBA today including our own native Bonner and Carson Deroshiers. I have seen enough games from him to see he struggles at times with kids that are not top division one players or have the size to match up with him. His post moves and getting by his defender quickly enough or successfully shooting over them on a consistent basis seem to be his major issues. I don't know what his workout regiment consist of? Maybe he doesn't have a personal trainer at this time that works with him on this important part of his game. If that's the case he should get one immediately so he can try to increase his speed and power to get to the next level. Time will tell with Kaleb and hopefully he works hard enough and goes as far as his 7 foot frame will take him all of NH will routing for him.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Kaleb will struggle?

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/96407/kaleb-tarczewski

Hmmm, I have not seen anyone indicate that he will struggle in college because of what your describing.

"He runs the floor extremely well and has good mobility for a 7 footer. He has excellent hands and finishes drop off passes and clear paths above the rim. He has become an explosive and powerful finisher with both hands around the basket and his good hands allow him to catch tough passes and turn them into baskets. He has a good left shoulder hook with a high release and is gradually developing his right shoulder as well."

Hard to think that someone most everyone in the country is in the top 10 in his class will struggle in college. Not sure what you saw, but it is obviously not what the best in college coaches and scouts are seeing.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty Time will tell

Post  basketballtime Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Like i said from what I've seen in aau including a few weekends ago at the Adam Finklestein's New England Recruiting Report he went up against a kid that was around 6-5 and struggled against him. And sometimes you have a bad game or a great game i get that but I've i seen whats coming down the pipe in college and he has a lot of work to do. And yes i know there are a lot people interested in him but on the realistic side of things tell me how many other 7 footers are out there with a good skill set? Any program will take a chance as long as the kid shows potential in helping them at the center position. Like i said earlier time will tell how he fits into the d1 pool with kids not only his size but stronger and faster. AAU ball is quite different from division one basketball. Night in and night out you face the strongest players in the nation so until you see him in that situation you can only take a wait and see attitude. My original point that i was trying to make was he needs to develop an outside shot like a Bonner or Deroshiers to help out his value and or lack of speed/strength. A good way to evaluate this would be to watch a game that Deroshiers played in this season. He had a nice season finishing with these stats Played in 31 games with 22 starts ... Started each of the team's final
19 games of the season ... Missed the Richmond game with bronchitis ...
Averaged 4.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 19.1 minutes per
game ... Totaled 52 blocks on the year to rank 11th on the school's
single-season list ... The 52 blocks were the second-most ever for a
Wake Forest freshman, trailing only Tim Duncan's 124 in 1994 .. Skilled post who can play both inside and on the perimeter ...
Excellent shooting range for a big man ... Good catch-and-shoot 3-point
shooter ... Showed promising shot-blocking ability as a freshman ...
Possesses loads of potential with added bulk. So if you look at where he stands out the most it would be his blocks and outside shooting. Now for most people out there those numbers wouldn't blow you away? But time will tell how far Deroshiers skill set and size and ability will take him. And that's the point. So before you go out and crown someone in high school the next Tim Duncan you have to take a real look at whats out there and how that person will perform against the best of the best.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Highlights from St. Marks vs. Tilton NEPSAC AA Final. A number of impressive players including Kaleb. Lot of turnovers early but the game settles after a while. Will be interesting to see how Kaleb changes his game without Duke-bound Alex Murphy and Michigan-bound Nick Stauskas playing for St. Marks.

1st half

2nd half

EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty yes, time will tell, but that is true of EVERYONE

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:21 pm

“So before you go out and crown someone in high school the next Tim Duncan you have to take a real look at whats out there and how that person will perform against the best of the best.”

Settle down son, who has proclaimed him as anything other than one of the best prospects in the ’12 class? I was responding to your assumption he would struggle at the next level. CLEARLY others with do not see it that way. EVERY kid transitioning from one level of ball to the next has things to work on. Even Lebron James has issues with weak spots in his game. I am not making any claims to what he will or will not be.

“While Tarczewski has gradually developed the jump hook into his go-to move, he needs to add dependable counters. His low post productivity is dependent on how deep he catches the ball so he needs both become more consistent carving out deep real estate and also become more effective from the mid-post area as a passer. Defensively, a player of his size and mobility should be able to improve his shot-blocking presence. Tarczewski also has a bit of a temper that can be both a blessing and a curse. When he harnesses it he is dominant, but when it gets the better of him he can get taken out of the game mentally.”

Clearly he has things he needs to work on. I am not claiming he is going to jump in and lead a team as freshman. Very few do and those that do are usually exceptional physical specimens.

”Any program will take a chance as long as the kid shows potential in helping them at the center position.”

This may be true if your talking low end D1, but we are talking about the best programs in the country. There has to be more just potential for Duke, Kansas, etc to be courting him. If they felt he was going to “struggle”, they would not be looking at him. Duke & Kansas do not need a 7’ kid to shoot 3’s, they have plenty of outside shooters. Dukes issues this year revolved around a week interior game ( The Irving injury aside).

When you saw him and you claim he had issues against this 6’5” kid, was that Memorial Day Weekend?

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Kaleb Tarczewski  Empty CLEARLY others with do not see it that way.

Post  basketballtime Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks pops for the son bit that should put you in your CLEARY in your eighty's Laughing .So when it comes to CLEARY others do not see it that way? I thought i covered the lack of 7 foot good skilled centers in the last post? It's not CLEAR at all its called pick up a project before someone else grabs him and see what you do with it because there are very few of them out there with his size and skills and upside. And that's pretty much as clear as you can get it.

This may be true if your talking low end D1, but we are talking
about the best programs in the country. There has to be more just
potential for Duke, Kansas, etc to be courting him. If they felt he was
going to “struggle”, they would not be looking at him. Duke &
Kansas do not need a 7’ kid to shoot 3’s, they have plenty of outside
shooters. Dukes issues this year revolved around a week interior game (
The Irving injury aside).

Can you name on your hand all the top skilled 7 footers coming out next year? If not that leaves a lot of empty holes for some big time d1 colleges don't you think? Deroshiers was also being courted by many of the same teams Kaleb is and picked Wake forest because he loved the campus the academics the team and coach. You mentioned he won't fit into Dukes program i agree that's because he isn't being courted by them FYI these are his current choices.
Considering Connecticut Huskies, North Carolina Tar Heels, Kansas Jayhawks, Arizona Wildcats, Kentucky Wildcats Boston college, George town, Michigan, Pitt, Providence, Stanford, USC, Vanderbilt, Wake forest and West Virginia.

Now ask yourself do all these schools fit the same criteria for using Kaleb and his skill set or maybe just maybe he's a 7 footer with good skills that they can try and make into a great player for them? What would you do if you were a big d1 program? Not make offer?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Looks like Kaleb Joesph will be transferring to St. Marks and will be only a sophomore there

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next