@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Rescheduled Game Information

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty What no score?

Post  chicagokid43 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:15 am

What no score T and F... looks like your resources for the evening games is not as up to the challenge as your resources this afternoon. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty Re: Rescheduled Game Information

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 am

My resources are fine ChiBearKid.

Memorial by about 10 over Spaulding.

This sets up a big one on Tuesday with BG visiting Memorial. That is if they play the game on Tuesday. GNG says with the snow day yesterday the Memorial-BG game might not be played Tuesday because of finals run over for BG and after school activities. Wednesday doesn't look like a bargain either. There is potential for a major snow storm Wednesday. In the UL today they were talking about the possibility of no school Monday in Manchester because it would be too cold with the extreme low temp and a lot of Manchester students walk to school.

If you are involved with the Manchester School District don't make any vacation plans for the last week of June..........Or the first week of July.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty Any of you Furnace Repairman?

Post  chicagokid43 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 am

Anyone a furnace repair man? lol I just got a chill and the furnace seems to be non compliant... thank god for the portable propane fireplace... BRRRRR!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 am

Memorial beat Spaulding 64 - 53.

This is an impressive victory for Memorial. Spaulding was second in offensive production in D1 with a 62 points/game average heading into the game. Memorial held them to nearly 10 points under their average in Spaulding's gym. In looking at the scoring averages for all the teams the one thing that sticks out, if I'm a C-Dome season ticket holder, is BG is 1st in scoring in D1 right now at 68/game. The other side of the coin is BG is in the bottom 3 for defense in D1 in giving up 61/game. The only 2 teams in D1 giving up more points/game are Keene and Timby both giving up 65/game. These 2 teams are 17th and 19th in the standings.

I know we hear about BG missing a couple of players. I know there are other teams out there missing players also due to suspensions and injuries. So, if I'm a C-Dome season ticket holder, I don't know if I'd be worried at this point, but I would definitely be slightly concerned the Cardinals start making a committment to the defensive end before the "one and done" season starts.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 am

Coach Migs was on WGAMFNL yesterday AM and did not mention anything about rescheduling...

Do we have anything else on that?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty BG GAME ON FOR TUESDAY

Post  GNG on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 am

T@F First things first,I weighed in at 287.8lbs this morning.I started at 305.6 , so after 21 days I have dropped 17 lbs,which means I will heading to Milford this week and donate to the hoop team thru that burger joint.T@F,when you see the green and gold in person you tell me if they play defense or not.Last night cuips goes down in the first minute with a tweaked ankle{kept out as a precaution},kelly at unh,mccarthy on the mend,and still hung another 70.Migs got everyone in,game was never in question.Guertin took 27 free throws and made 13,for a shaq like percentage.My boy did not make an appearance at the charity stripe despite being mugged at least 3 times{no complaints because he had at least 20 fouls and only 4 were called on him}.Ref's were horrible {both ways though}.Green had some rust,Cooper Paul {another merrimack kid who has been hurt his 1st 2 years at bg} had a nice game.Mcclung had 17,green 13,psycho had 10 or 12,same with paul,rem had 8.I have said a hundred times I don't know if they win it this year,but I would much rather see a team put up points in a game and be entertaining then see a 6-4 after 1 quarter game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty Numbers can be deceiving

Post  GNG on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:52 am

One other thing t@f,whenever you see a 72-52 ,70-54,70-58, those games could easily have 10- 20 more points if migs doesn't call off the dogs.He wins with class, empties the bench.I bet chikid could tell you milford could be scoring a hundred a night easy,but the milford coach does the same thing,wins with class.My sources tell me the goffstown coach is still pressing up 40 points,he will get his soon enough.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Point accepted GNG. There's always 2 sides to a statistical story. Thanks for showing that.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Memorial defeated Trinity 41 - 38 on an Allie Hartford extended elbow bank 3 pointer at the buzzer.

Let me say straight out this was the best HS basketball game, boys or girls, I've seen this season. The 4th quarter was as intense and well played as any 8 minutes of basketball could be played between 2 rival teams.

Elezovic with 21 and Marro with 14 led their respective squads in scoring. More on these 2 players and the great game with the breathless finish later. I'm off to watch Da Bears vs. The Pack.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 pm

You just knew going into Sunday afternoon that the Memorial at Trinity game was going to be a competitive tightly contested game. These 2 teams are almost like the Jets and Patriots, but subtract the ill feelings. They know each other so well. They had already played each other 2 1/2 times so far this season. Memorial had beat them in a tight affair to kick off the basketball season in early December. They also played 1 1/2 games in the girl's QCIBT during vacation week. You just get the sense when Memorial and Trinity practice before their games the coaches say, "heh, we know what they do. There are no surprises."

The first quarter was tight - tied at 9-9. Memorial started getting a small lead in the 2nd as Elozovic looked good while Marro was cold and Hartford was playing her normal solid defense on her. Memorial starts getting some separation in the 3rd and with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd Memorial gains their biggest lead at 27 - 18. As usual in these tight low scoring intra city contests a nearly double digit lead feels like a 15 to 18 point lead. You have to give Trinity credit at this point. They could've wilted, but they didn't. They clawed and scratched defensively, made some stops and converted a couple of times at the offensive end to get back in the game. Elozovic missed 2 FTs at the end of the 3rd which could've given some momentum back to Memorial.

Then the wonderful 4th period played out. There are certain games, stretches of games and quarters, that when you look back after the season is over, you say to yourself, "that was memorable and one of the best stretches of basketball I experienced." It was evident as Trinity climbed closer both teams were going to rely on their #1 scoring option to win this game. Elozovic would be the point center controlling things at the top of the offense for the Crusaders. If her defender layed off then she would gladly put up her beautiful arching textbook outside shot. If the defender played tight she would beat her off the dribble and look to drive first, but when confronted by defensive weak side help, with her vision and passing skill would find one of her mates open for a shot. Down at the Pioneer end one two and 3 picks were being set up for potential all stater Emily Marro. She is so sure and strong with her dribble that she expertly maneuvered her way through the Crusader defensive forest to hit key drives or find open mates with precision passing. To see these 2 All Staters going at the other team's defense was basketball at it's purist form. It was basketball the way it is supposed to be played. Every possession in the 4th quarter was like a playoff game loser go home mentality. Both teams dug deep to match the other.

Memorial has the ball with about 30 seconds to go and the ball is in the Bosnian Basketball Bomber's hands. The Memorial fans feel very confident at this point in the 38 - 38 game. The ball exchanges possession to a couple of different Lady Crusaders and then with 10 seconds left Elozovic has the ball 30 feet from the hoop at the top of the arc. She drives side to side, gets some separation in the middle of the paint, but is confronted by a weak side help Pioneer. She dishes to Taylor Leonard who looks to shoot with about 4 seconds left, but can't. Leonard quickly passes the ball to Hartford who is elbow extended couple of feet behind arc and in front of the Memorial bench. The ball hangs in the air for what seemed like 5 seconds and then banks off the holy glass backboard and ripples through the net. The clock says 0:00 and Hartford is mobbed by her mates. Not too much oxygen was inhaled during this sequence as it seemed players and fans were out of breath.

Simply put, the best 8 minutes of basketball I've seen all year and the best game I've seen all year.

As much as Memorial has enjoyed these 3 1/2 victories over Trinity so far this season, I think the Lady Crusaders and their fans wouldn't mind not seeing Trinity for the rest of the year. Memorial is a non-catholic school, but I would think they would pray Trinity is not in their playoff bracket come March. You can only slide by basketball's Grim Reaper so many times.

If you are Memorial you can say we beat Trinity in their own gym and Ashley Gendron was never a factor because of foul trouble. If you are Trinity you would welcome one more shot at the South Siders. There is no question Marro and Elozovic are All State players. The difference between the 2 is Trinity has to use a series of screens to free up Marro and allow her to operate on the offensive end. Memorial has a distinct advantage with Elozovic. They don't have to use screens as much to free up the Lady Bosnian on the offensive end. She is a matchup NIGHTMARE for opposing clubs. As a center she handles the ball as well as most guards. She passes as well as most guards and can shoot the 3, drive to the rack and knock down FTs when fouled. Memorial can spread out their offense, let the defensive decisions that come next determine their offensive possession and let her create. The offensive end is Elozovic's canvas and the basketball is her paintbrush.

Sometimes, you become fortunate as a basketball fan to watch a great picture of basketball art like the Memorial at Trinity game yesterday.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Milford beat Windham 67-38 in a make-up game.

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 pm

PHS Girls @ Souhegan

Souhegan @ PHS Boys

Both games will be made up on Wednesday, 2/9 6:30 tip off for the varsity
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty To GNG...

Post  Thomas on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Good point...and as to when Goffstown will "get theirs", that will be tonight @ Souhegan. Also, they did lose by 25 to Oyster River.

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Thomas wrote:Good point...and as to when Goffstown will "get theirs", that will be tonight @ Souhegan. Also, they did lose by 25 to Oyster River.

I guess you were a little off on that one Thomas Question

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Rescheduled Game Information - Page 2 Empty TF READ WHAT i WROTE

Post  GNG on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 am

then go read gary fitz'z column in the telegraph,sound familiar?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum