New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2010 Manchester QCIBT

+2
EBlessNHSP
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 Manchester QCIBT

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:33 am

The almost fight between the 2 parents was more fight than I experienced on the court tonight.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT - Page 2 Empty There was a small battle last night

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:57 am

There was a small battle last night with a coach and a parent in Keene. I would like to put it on record it was not Mr Mitchell... sorry Chicagokid43...

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 am

Actually there were (2) almost fights between parents...

One with (2) men...

One with (2) women...

eh... so much for the holiday spirit!!!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Gee Tully, my section was pretty clean last night. Your section definitely had the hooligans in it.

Tonight we have Goody vs Doc. The fashion will be the game within the game. They both had sweaters last night. Of course Doc's was a black one which keeps you in the game for your over/under on Doc's Black Attack for the season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:15 pm

There was a parent there from Central that should probaly learn to keep his mouth shut. He was yelling at Madol from the stands. Its like he thought he was at a Celtics game. These people need to remember that the game going on is about the kids not them. Im not sure if Madol had a adult there to represent him, but next time I hear this clown open his mouth I will be the one to do so. Very Happy

Tom
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Tom, we really don't need to be making threats here on the NH Sports Forum Evil or Very Mad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:59 pm

No, but sportsmanship really needs to come back into style.

I heard A LOT of adults trash talking players on a variety of teams.

I wish administrators addressed it.

Central's principal has asked two parents to leave (that I know of) one at a boys game and one at a girls.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:26 am

Boy's QCIBT Championship: Central 49 Merrimack 41

Tournament MVP: John Wickey

Sportsmanship Award: Tyler Gendron

To be perfectly honest there were so many characters at this game the basketball game was almost secondary. Socialization had more of a precedent for me so my game reporting will take a hit. I will say that even though Merrimack lost they benefit a great deal from playing in this tournament. They went the whole QCIBT without Floras who was at a funeral for one of his grandparents. Merrimack picked up the slack without their star. Tyler Gendron had no problem being the go to guy for Merry. He smoothly hit some 3s and had his usual funky herky jerky finishes to the hoop. I have said before and will repeat: Tyler Gendron is a player to watch and will make some all state teams. He will form a formidable 1-2 punch with Floras. The younger Gendron along with Amigo, Peabody etc will pose matchup problems for a lot of teams. There are long stretches when Merrimack has a lot of length on the court. They can defend and rebound very nicely with this length. Merrimack will be a better team than I thought before the season started.

Central played very hard tonight. Doc was very animated on the sidelines. He worked the refs all night and called out his players when they deserved it. Central is a mentally strong team that will be very successful this season. LaCount continues to impress. Junior Brown still needs to get his hands dirty in the paint, but he is a tough defender. Wickey can do it all and is a good leader for this team. He leads by example and with the spoken word. He has a little Mike Stys je ne sais quoi in his make up which is good for the Little Green.

From this QCIBT I learned Memorial will be tougher than I thought and Madol is definitely primed to defend his POY title. I learned Merrimack will be a better team than I thought they would be. I learned Coach Keefe has a lot of basketball ingredients, but has to mix them together with TLC and find out the right temp to bake them at in his coaching oven. West will be a good team and when healthy and together they will be a tough opponent when they play at home, but need to be mentally tougher in road games. I learned that Dover played almost Alvrine/enigma like in the tournament. Some of the go to guys on the Green Wave need to step it up if they want to finish in the upper echelon of D1.

Memorial won the girls QCIBT by beating Bow by 8 points. Ashley Gendron was the MVP of the tournament. Memorial moved the ball around well in this game. Their unselfishness was the key to winning. Elozivic had numerous pretty assists and Gendron was an offensive force. Taylor Leonard is getting stronger recovering from her knee injury and her outside shot is coming around. Bow will do well in D3 girls.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Sorry, I didnt mean for my statement to come across as a theat. I meant that someone should speak for these kids if the school isnt.

Tom
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:54 pm

I totally agree Tom. I have been involved in basketball a long time and at this point it is really boorish to see and hear what some adults do in the stands these days. Last week I saw a 6 something 200 pound something father at a basketball game that started out sitting mid way in the stands at the start of the game. In the 2nd half when the game was tight he worked his way to the front row and started saying some questionable things to referees and players. He basically tried to intimidate the basketball environment in the gym. If he saw a tape of himself a day or two later he would probably be embarrassed, but for the moment of the game, he was self centered and ignorantly selfish to draw attention to himself and God knows what his son was thinking.

This was a 5th and 6th grade game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT - Page 2 Empty Not to change the subject

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Just curious what you guys think about the habit of screaming when you score a hoop that some kids seem to be copying from the NBA boneheads.
Think this is something coaches should talk down or even forbid or is it just the energy of the game? Just curious what you guys think.
I am against the scream thing. If a player makes a nice play and gives a high five to a team mate or even the Lets go chant that some use doesn't annoy me but the scream is just silly.
In a game I seen over the Holidays I seen a 6 Foot 4 senior block a 5 foot 5 inch freshmen in the final minutes of a 15 point win only to turn and scream as if he just saved the world... I think it is nonsense and think coaches need to talk this habit down.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:47 pm

My All Tournament team for the Boy's QCIBT:

John Wickey - Central
Gabe LaCount - Central
Tyler Gendron - Merrimack
Morgan Faustino - Dover
David Madol - Memorial

Won't make the all tournament team, but boy did they need him to win the championship: Joe Stisser - Central.

I agree with Wickey winning the MVP, but in the 2nd half of the Memorial - Central game when the Little Green was struggling for points, Gabe LaCount hit a couple of baskets and made some nice drives with assists to generate some much needed offense for Central. If this hadn't happened it would've been a Memorial - Merrimack final.

On a final note of adults in the stands with questionable remarks: I wish game administrators would step to the plate and monitor this situation. Just because a fan pays $3 to $5 to enter a gym it doesn't give him/her the right to act like a buffoon. I will admit game administrators have done a good job in the last few years of taking away the swearing and questionable chants of the student bodies. Now, the GAs should focus their attention on problem parents. For the most part fans and GAs know who the "problem parents/fans" are. Coaches don't abuse players physically and emotionally like they used to 20 to 40 years ago. It is not condoned any more. Fans/parents making personal remarks or acting like morons in the stands should go the way of the hard butt coaches of 20 to 40 years ago or the path of the dinosaurs..............

..........They should become extinct.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2