New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2010 Manchester QCIBT

+2
EBlessNHSP
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty 2010 Manchester QCIBT

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Here is the schedule for the Holiday Tournament at Memorial High School for boys better known as the QCIBT:

Dec 26th:
3:00 pm Exeter vs. Merrimack
4:30 pm Bow vs. Dover
6:00 pm West vs. Central
7:30 pm Trinity vs. Memorial

Dec 27th:
3:00 pm Losers Bracket game
4:30 pm Losers Bracket game
6:00 pm Winner of 3:00 and 4:30 pm games from 12/26
7:30 pm Winner of 6:00 and 7:30 pm games from 12/26

Dec 28th:
3:00 pm losers bracket game
4:30 pm losers bracket game
6:00 pm Consolation Game
7:30 pm Championship Game

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty Re: 2010 Manchester QCIBT

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 am

Another year, another strong QCIBT tournament. Merrimack, Memorial and Trinity will be battling or a top 4 seed this year, and Dover should be in the mix too. Like West to fly under the radar a bit, they've got a new coach, new enthusiasm and some kids that love to play. It'll be interesting to see if Bow and Exeter can make some noise...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty QCBIT Girls

Post  knj329 Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Anyone know what the times and days for the Girls Queen City Hoops Tourney in Manchester NH are?

knj329
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:57 am

Knj, this is from Eric Emmerling in the UL for the girl's QCIBT:

Across town, the 11th annual girls' QCIBT was forced to create a new format when Goffstown, Merrimack and Souhegan of Amherst dropped out of the tourney.

Tournament officials were able to find one replacement, Bow, along with traditional entrants, Hollis/Brookline, along with Manchester's Trinity, West, Memorial and defending champion and host Central. It's tough to create a six-team bracket for a three-day single elimination tourney.

Competition begins Monday at 12:30 p.m. with each team playing half a game against every team. The four clubs with the best round-robin record will advance to Monday's 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. full-length semifinals. The winners advance to Tuesday night's 6 p.m. championship. Consolation games precede the semifinals and finals.

All games take place at Central, where the defending champs are off to a 0-4 start in a rebuilding season. Hollis/Brookline, undefeated in Division II, and Memorial are considered tourney favorites. The Crusaders sport five seasoned starters and a 2-1 mark in Division I.

"The good news is we can use this as an opportunity to bring in some new talent next season from Massachusetts," said Central coach Mike Wenners.

This is very interesting and I think they were pressed into this type of format with the teams that bowed out at the last minute. It almost looks like an AAU format for the Monday afternoon games to decide the semi final participants for that evening. The oncoming blizzard is probably going to play a part in these holiday tournaments. The Boy's QCIBT may be fine as far as playing the games Sunday evening. The heavy snow isn't supposed to start until some time this evening. The oncoming blizzard might keep some of the crowd away this evening at Memorial. The weather will have a big impact on the girl's tournament. It's supposed to still be snowing at mid day tomorrow right when the girl's tournament kicks off their "AAU-like" format. Parking and access around Central High is not easy when there is bare pavement. Throw 12 to 18 inches of snow into the mix and you have a major headache for tournament officials at Central. The boy's consolation games start at 3:00 pm tomorrow and the aftermath of the storm will be fully realized. Maybe, the only solution will be an institutionalized size jar of Advil for all the tournament officials as they deal with headaches of the schedule and the major Northeaster that is at our door steps.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 am

Maybe Tully, who has the Little Green pulse situation, can let us know of any schedule changes for the girl's QCIBT.

If I hear anything on the boy's QCIBT I'll be sure to post it. I have a feeling WMUR and the UL will have their hands full with inches of snow, power outages and accidents.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:46 am

I do have messages in on both Manch tourneys...

I think if they could move it up a little timewise they'd be fine... but what do I know?

Will post if I hear anything!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:57 am

Tough to get information out on the day after Christmas. I'm sure if they moved the starting time of the tournament to 1:00 pm so the 7:30 night cap game would start at 5:30 it would be great for late night travel. I don't think they'll do it because of the logistics of reaching people to get it done.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:58 am

I do agree... but if it's a school district decision... they'll pull the plug much easier than we might expect (I think)

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty QCIBT POSTPONED UNTIL TUESDAY

Post  Tulliver Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 pm

posted on WMUR

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty Manchester Girls Tourney postponed until Tuesday as well

Post  Tulliver Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Smile

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty No Bears on TV and No hoops... Jeesh

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:39 pm

What now?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Was it on the bottom line of Ch 9, Tully? I just looked on their web site and see nothing.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:17 pm

OK, I just received confirmation also that that both QCIBTs have been postponed to Tuesday.

Good move on the part of the tournament officials. If this keeps up both tournaments will have to be renamed:

QCNYIBT...... Queen City New Years Invitational Basketball Tournament.

In a way that would be cool if the champions were crowned as Dick Clark was counting down the ball dropping at Times Square.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:34 pm

From WMUR's closing/delay list:

Queen City Invitational Basketball Tournament
Hillsborough County
Postponed until Tuesday
Submitted at: 12:25 PM EST on Sunday, Dec 26

Mike Lee Holiday Basketball Bash
Strafford County
Postponed until Tuesday
Submitted at: 10:49 AM EST on Sunday, Dec 26

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:03 pm

I have been going to the QCIBT for a long time. I can't ever remember this tournament being postponed. The QC Holiday hockey tournament games were played at the JFK in Manchester last night. Go figure.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:07 pm

The reasoning I heard for hockey was the teams were local.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Dover 63, Bow 45 in the QCIBT opener.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Central beat West but the Blue Knights made them fight like crazy for it.

Memorial beat Trinity in a highly charged game.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:52 am

Central 49 West 42
West's Quinton Hunter injured his ankle in the first quarter. This made West stretch out their bench a little bit. They did hang tough with the Little Green. Sammy Abdalla had a nice game for the Blue Knights. He had a few nice athletic finishes. LaCount was solid for Central. Central had a nice cohesiveness on offense with unselfish play. Martin had a nice game for West. When he loses his football muscles and Gonzalez gets stronger coming back from injury the Blue Knights will be fine. This was an entertaining game.

Memorial 57 Trinity 49

Memorial 14 10 17 16 - 57
Trinity 13 12 7 17 - 49

Coach Fitzpatrick stated in the pre season David Madol would be featured in a myriad of ways this season. The first quarter featured Madol, more Madol and even more Madol. He shot, posted and dribbled Memorial to a 1 point lead at the end of the 1st including a thunderous put back dunk which sent the Crusader faithful into a frenzy which lasted for the next minute. He had a couple nice assists along with scoring and bringing the ball up against full court pressure. Trinity found their offensive footing in the 2nd period and had their largest lead of the game at 8 points mid way through the 2nd period. A Zach Stevens floater and a Jake Hamel 3 helped set the tone during this Trinity run. Madol looked tired and Memorial floundered on offense as the Madol/Morgan dynamic was missing. Memorial went on a run of their own and chipped away at the lead and were only down 25 - 24 at half. Memorial made some nice adjustments in the 3rd period one of which was to have Morgan touch the ball more and get in tune with Madol and the offense. When Morgan touches the ball 15 to 25 feet from the hoop Memorial becomes a much more effective offensive team. The Madol/Morgan dynamic became one that was difficult for Trinity to defend. Memorial had a nice 9 point lead heading into the 4th period. Trinity mounted a couple of come backs in the 4th only to be turned back by key hoops from Madol, Morgan and Wheaton. Trinity looked lost on offense in the second half. It seems like Coach Keefe is still looking for a proper rotation and some one who can play point guard consistently for the Pioneers. While Trinity searched for their offense Memorial found the duo of Morgan and Madol worked very nicely. The M and M duo probably combined for at least 40 to 45 of Memorial's 57 points.

Wednesday night at 6:00 pm Merrimack plays Dover in the first semi final in what should be a robust game. The second semi final at 7:30 pm has Central playing Memorial. The last time these 2 teams played last year it was a double OT victory for Memorial at 1 Crusader Way in a emotionally draining game. Madol vs Wickey, Morgan vs Brown, cat like quick Dylan Haynes vs ultra quick Dylan LaFond and Doc vs Fitz.

Does it get any better than this?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

2010 Manchester QCIBT Empty Predictions?

Post  Tom Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:26 am

Any predictions for tonights games? Memorial - Dover in the finals for the second year?

Tom
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:35 pm

I'll go with a Central - Dover final.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:11 am

In the semi finals tonight:

Merrimack (With out Floras) 58 Dover 54

Central 37 Memorial 36

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 am

Thursday night at 6:00 pm at Central High the championship game of the girl's QCIBT will be played between Bow and Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 am

Merrimack beat Dover without Floras. Tyler Gendron had a very good game in leading Merrimack to the victory. He dunked, hit medium range jumpers and 3's and displayed a fluid overall game. His younger brother Eric had a nice game also. Dover was puzzling tonight. They didn't play with a sense of urgency. They played as if the game was a consolation game instead of a semi final game. Coach Romps was not his normal self on the sideline. He was serene, quiet and placid. The one player who played with fire from Dover was 6'5 sophomore Mike LeBlanc. He made something happen on offense by slashing to the hoop and was very urgent in the way he rebounded. It was a weird performance by Dover. Maybe, the Green Wave had some holiday holly jolly-itis.

Central 37 Memorial 36

Central - 9 4 12 12 - 37
Memorial 13 5 14 4 - 36

Madol was the player of the first half doing every thing. Morgan was clicking along with him and Wheaton had 5 points. Memorial started out with a tenacious match up zone which threw Central off balance offensively. Memorial then switched to a stiffling man to man defense. Points were as tough to come by for Central like glowing comments for referees from ChiKid. Memorial extended their lead to 7 at the end of the 3rd and then Gabe LaCount took over the game for Central in the 4th. Central turned the tables on Memorial defensively in the last stanza. The Little Green turned up the intensity on Memorial and wore them down in the 4th. Memorial couldn't find too many answers. Memorial had Madol and Morgan on the floor for the majority of the 4th period, but could only manage 4 points. Memorial was down 1 with 15 seconds to go. They came down for the potential game winning shot and had the ball in the hands of Wheaton, but he couldn't get a shot off before the buzzer. Central now plays Merrimack tomorrow night at 7:30 pm for the QCIBT championship.

I had talked about the lack of urgency on Dover's part tonight. There was a general overall lack of urgency the whole evening at 1 Crusader Way. Fans seemed to be sitting on their hands for most of the evening. The Merrimack - Dover game did not have the feel of a semi final game. The Memorial - Trinity game lacked the overall electricity one would see from a Queen City semi final. The atmosphere was much better for last night's 2 city quarterfinal games. It was just an unusually low key evening in the QCIBT.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 am

I wondered about Romps very relaxed atmosphere as well......I didn't see the whole game, but am glad you noted it as well.

It was a very strange atmosphere at the tourney.

There was an almost fight between two parents though at one point!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next