New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Madol Article in the UL

3 posters

Go down

Madol Article in the UL Empty Madol Article in the UL

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:28 am

Well I guess it's official now that the Union Leader has announced it...on their website. Interesting conversation going on there between Manchesters faithful. Never a dull moment in the UL's comment section which is hardly moderated.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Madol+to+play+for+Memorial&articleId=1771dd17-9986-4ebd-b145-910ea2e6aff2
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Madol Article in the UL Empty The Fact is

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

The Union leader needs to be a little more attentive to the post they have on their site. I know there is free speech but when it involves a high school student they should discontinue the comments in my mind. If these people have issues they should handle it at the school, the school board meetings or with their political channels. I do not like the fact that this kids life decisions are being publicly discussed. I have always been very sensitive about grades and legal issues with players and this to me is a foul situation.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Madol Article in the UL Empty Re: Madol Article in the UL

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:57 pm

It's turning into a Memorial vs. Trinity argument...grades discussed...it's pretty bad. It's too bad that someone at the UL hasn't said, "hey, maybe we should read these comments and moderate them a bit".
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Comment sections on articles have turned into a complete vitriolic forum. It is interesting how the UL won't print something that someone might say, but within the comment section will allow material to be posted just because some one says it. It could be true or it could be false, but it is definitely posted on the comment section. In the end with technology being what it is with further distancing people away from face to face, but yet, allowing people to be more forward with their comments and opinions, this is creating a nasty society that finds pleasure with insulting their fellow human.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Madol Article in the UL Empty To me this goes back to anonymity.

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:09 am

There are still ways of being anonymous and not standing behind your words which really bothers me. I think if you are posting anything on a public forum you should have to sign your full name. Some would still say bad things but if others started holding each other accountable I think post would be less aggressive. To me it starts with holding others accountable.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum