@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Fall League Games

Go down

Fall League Games Empty Fall League Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Central beat Memorial by 12 yesterday. Wickey's footwork was quick and agile with his drop steps and turn arounds. He definitely looks like he added quicker feet for this year. Colleges can now take a good look at him to play the 3 along with the 4. Madol is still getting acclimated to his new team mates and new program. Central maintained a double digit lead for the majority of the game. I said it in summer league and I'll say it in fall league. This Central team plays with a purpose and passion that is similar to the way Merrimack played in Fall League last year.

West defeated a skeleton crew from Alvrine by 20.

Concord and Chelmsford were in a very close and competitive game at the half. I didn't see the 2nd half. Concord has some quick and fast smaller guards that did some nice things against Chelmsford.

Some interesting matchups this coming Sunday include:

Rivier:
7:30 Conant vs. Pelham/Campbell
11:30 BG vs. Central

Memorial:
7:30 Trinity vs. Salem
10:30 West vs. North
11:30 Dover vs. Memorial

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Fall League?

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Fall league? What Fall League? lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty I was at a Game yesterday

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:49 pm

I was at a game yesterday and there were several local college coaches there to see it. Framingham State,Gordon,Plymouth State,Endicott and a few I did not recognize. Nice turnout for a Fall league game on a Sunday morning.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Re: Fall League Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Wow, that's a nice turn out of coaches for a fall league game. I'm glad they know when the games are sunny

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Couple of nice games coming up at Rivier this Sunday for sure. The Memoral/Dover games is intriguing as well. Are most these teams fielding at least 3 or 4 starters?

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Not Really..

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 pm

Well Pelham and Campbell are a combined team but they do have 3-4 starters from each team. Bedford is using mostly younger guys that will most likely be JV this year. Milford has most of the varsity together. So it is kind of a mixed bag.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 pm

It's real sketchy sometimes for potential starters. Central and Memorial had a healthy compliment of players yesterday so when the potential starters were in the game it made for good basketball.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty No Dunking in Warm Ups?

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 am

Here I go starting trouble Mr Assistant but there is no dunking in warmups at the Riv league.. Isn't that silly. It is Fall league and while coaches are there if a kid can show he can play above the rim and demonstrate his athletic ability in warm ups it may just catch a coaches eye. Anyone else think it is silly to not let them dunk?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:23 am

No Dunking? Oh my god!....Jr. must be really upset about that. It is VERY evident that we are not in basketball season here on the NHSF. Very Happy

If a coach/scout is picking his players based on dunking ability, they've got some serious holes to fill on their team, or they play in Division 6 somewhere in the sticks of Maine. I know it's exciting for us here in NH to see somebody dunk, but instead of practicing their dunks in warm ups, how about trying a 8-12 foot jumpshot.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:14 am

Totally agree with you, Asst. Practicing the medium range jumper in warm ups would be a better use of time and energy. It's illegal to dunk in warm ups any way. I know about Fall League, neutral court and game doesn't mean as much, etc. etc. etc, but if we allow dunking in warm ups then let's do 3 steps on the travel, triple dribble and 5 to 10 seconds in the lane on offense. Actually, with all the expanding rules for Fall League we would probably come closer to Fiba rules and further away from IABBO rules, which would probably placate ChiKid just fine. Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Classy

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:47 am

College coaches like to see athleticism and know if a kid can play above the rim. Obviously it isn't going to change his mind or make you a recruit but if you go out and hit 6 or 7 threes play tough D and pass the ball well also it may be a thing that helps his decision making. Beyond that I guess my point remains why not? Is there really a reason to not allow it? I mean if we are trying to mirror a high school game that closely lets do stop time and count fouls. The no dunking in warm ups in a Fall league game just seems silly to me.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty I agree with chikid

Post  basketballtime on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Sorry but even you said yourself tuesday and friday I know it's exciting for us here in NH to see somebody dunk, now ask yourself why? That's because if your under 6-4 and dunk and from NH you must have some really good athlectic ability don't you think? So if your a college coach who can see a kid that size with that athletic ability and can happen to shoot and dribble faster in a more athletic exsplosive speed then don't you think it will be your so called slower nice 10 to 12 footer shot kid getting the nod in maine d6 school?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Basketball Time..

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Basketball time you hit the nail on the head. Showing unusual athleticism in NH is key to a coach thinking you can play at the next level. Many have posted in the past that if you talk to a college coach about NH hoops they usually say most of our players do not have the athleticism to be compete with players from inner cities and finishing at the hoop is a big part of that. So if I am a college coach and I walk in and hear the rim shake during warm ups and then see a kid go out and hit shots as well it just may convince me to look again. If there is even a slight chance of this the no dunking rule is silly. The equipment today is stronger and it is a neutral floor. Let the boys showcase the skill and have fun in the process.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:12 pm

I think it would impress a college coach more if a kid could dunk in a game situation as opposed to a warm up "no defense" or "no game" situation. A lot of kids can dunk with no pressure of a game, but throw in the realities of a 5 on 5 game and then..... well ..... that's where you find out who can and who can't. It's just like a kid who hits all the shots in warm ups, but becomes friends with the orange circle during the game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:04 pm

chicagokid43 wrote: Showing unusual athleticism in NH is key to a coach thinking you can play at the next level.

Ahh...I don't even know where to begin with this statement...but No. If you think dunking in warm-ups is "unusual athleticism" than I'll show you about 50 kids I knew at Keene State in the late 90's that could dunk, but wouldn't get close enough from their bleacher seats to sniff the sweet pine of the players bench.

That said...yes kids who play at the next level from NH must be athletic. There's only so many that make it to the next level, only the special ones from our small state will.

But that's not really the issue...the issue is Dunking in a Fall League game. For the 1-2% of NH HS players that can dunk yes it may be very discouraging that they can't do it in warmups. It's fun for them, it intimidates the other team, etc. But I can assure you, no college coach is going to "notice" or "not notice" a player because they dunked in warmups in a Fall League game.

I still can't believe we're discussing dunking during warmups in a NH Fall League game. I'll say that again...dunking...warmups...new hampshire....fall league....as Chad Ocho Cinco would say, "child please!"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Most kids can

Post  basketballtime on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Most of the kids that i have seen dunking can do it in a game. Yes there are only a handful but lets not forget even if they do miss a couple of dunks it stills says a lot about them. In fact i even recall seeing a couple of 6-6 and above NBA players miss dunks in a game does that mean they shouldn't be there? And show me 50 kids that are under 6-4 from Keene that could throw it down no problem back in the late 90's and i will match that with 30 cheer leaders from Keene state that could do a five minute keg stand. And i have been to enough aau games and stood next to college coaches to hear them say many times after a white 6-3,6-2,6-1 or 6-0 foot kid throw down a dunk say "WOW" did you see that? So sorry but have to disagree with that one. You can teach an athlectic kid to better his skills but you can't teach athleticism.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Unfortunately

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Unfortunately their is a stereotype that many NH kids are trying to disprove. I mean even Basketballtime has gotten on here and said this player or that player is not athletic enough to play at the next level. I think there is a reason that AAU allows dunking in warmups and here in NH Fall league they don't. AAU realizes that the kids are showcasing skills and trying to show things in the warm ups as well as in the games.
However lets look at it another way. You can argue that it isn't an advantage for the player but you really cannot argue that it is harmful or a negative to do it in pregame. There is no reason to limit the boys and take that part of the game out of the warm up process. Other than you have NHIAA referee's who are just use to calling it that way. It would do no harm what so ever to allow them to dunk. No harm no foul.. Lets get back to the fun of Fall.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Well said Asst.

If some college coach based his decision on a player because he could or could not dunk in warm ups of a fall league game then you would have to wonder about that coach or the program he directs.

That's it. Finito on the dunking issue. Now on to "real" items to discuss.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty This is the Communist Forum

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:31 pm

T and F says its over its over.. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Well, you know I wish I could say 3 to 4 pages on a thread on this site should be devoted to pre game dunking in a FL game, but as exciting as that premise might seem, it might only garner interest in Milford. We like to cater to other towns with basketball interests like Bedford, Manchester, Hooksett etc. Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Fall League Games Empty Basketball Time is from Manchester so..

Post  chicagokid43 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 pm

I believe Basketballtime is from Manchester so apparently the interest is outside of Milford. Besides is there anything else worth discussing? lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Well when you said this. If some college coach based his decision on a player because he could or could not dunk in warm ups of a fall league game then you would have to wonder about that coach or the program he directs. I quickley thought to my self was i talking to a college coach or just someone who thinks thats how all college coaches think. But again when i hear it for my self and look at them take notes on kids that can rise above the rim or explode to the rim or for that matter go up and block a dunk then you don't have to twist my arm to make me realize college coaches drool when they see things that other kids can't do because they realize that they could have a huge weapon for their team. I really don't think it takes a rocket scientist to understand this. Let's look at it like this maybe when your talking d3 schools you can see a blend of athletic to not so athletic but great shooters or big forward or centers that can move well enough at d3 to get the job done. But when your talking d2 or d1 then you see the floor littered with great athletes and an occasional big man outside shooter that might be a match up issue for another team, but your rarely going to come across those type at those levels because college coaches know they need to match a great athlete with a great athlete end of discussion finito if you don't think so go and watch st a's vs snhu sometime and let me know where those slow white guys who can hit the ten to twelve footer get off the pine.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Memorial beat an under staffed Dover team by plenty.

West beat North in a tight competitive game by a couple.

Trinity defeated Salem by about 7. Meisser had a superlative performance from 3 point land in keeping the Blue Devils close.

Rumor has it that dunks were allowed in warm ups of the Milford-Concord game which Milford won by a substantial amount. I don't know whether winning the game or being allowed to dunk in warm ups made the drive worthwhile for the exquisite Spartan faithful.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum