@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS

Go down

Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS Empty Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Wandering the Internet tonight came across a youtube of Randy's highlights from his time at Concord HS. His time there coincided with one Matt Bonner and together they won 3 titles together. Randy was tragically killed in 2004 in a car accident.

I found an article about the sentencing of the young man involved in the crash that caused his death with a brief description of what happened. Read it here: http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/kincaid-sentenced-in-crash

As most of you know I was playing my HS ball around the same time in VT - but watching this video really showed what a wonderful player he was. Moving without the basketball, taking what the defense gave him, and the sweet jumpshot that I'm sure led to many, many 3 pointers. Kudos to whomever put this video together, and may you RIP Randy.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS Empty Re: Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Wow, this is a truly sad story of the ending of a life in a needless way. Holmes did have a sweet jumper. He took the pressure off defenses that concentrated on stopping Bonner.

It is interesting to note after watching hilights from that West - Concord game, that I attended,

- They used a 2 man referee crew and some things don't change as one of the referees was Moe B.

- Bennett Pawlusiak actually did a fine job of guarding Bonner in that game. I can't remember how many points Bonner scored, but Pawlusiak held him to well under his scoring average and gave West a shot in almost upsetting them.

- It is amazing there were no torn ACLs or MCLs during the Concord celebratory scrum at mid court at the end of the game.

- Even though the sides of the Whit didn't have too many people there was a very good crowd in the regular seats for this game.

Thanks for adding this to the Forum, Asst. This was a nice rememberance of Randy Holmes. I'm sure he's tickling the twine up in the nets in Heaven's basketball courts.

-

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS Empty Re: Remembering Randy Holmes - Concord HS

Post  middleschoolball on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:- They used a 2 man referee crew and some things don't change as one of the referees was Moe B.

-

I knew Randy as a youth - great video. The other ref was Rick Zecha, who I believe at least to up to 2 winters ago was still refereeing. They used to take one of the refs from each of the two semifinal games and then pair the mtogether for the final.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Rick was one of the best officials in the last 20 years. He did many playoff games. Fans around here wouldn't see him that much during the regular season because he works out of another refereeing district, but when time came for the playoff games he was a fixture at UNH, SNHU etc. I believe the last time I saw him work a game was a girl's semi-final game at SNHU a couple of years ago. I don't know if he will be refereeing this upcoming season, but one thing is for sure, if it's a big game then more often than not Moe B. will be tootin.

They handle the 3 man crews now just like the 2 man crews in the days of yore. There are two 3 man crews that work the semis. 3 of those 6 will work the championship game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamhome11 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks for the love for my brother. I appreciate it. I was proud to make that highlight tape in tribute to him almost 2 years ago. It was a great time in NH basketball. The fact that I could search his name and find this forum means a lot to my family.

dreamhome11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:14 am

We should be thanking you for putting the video together in memory of him. Was really neat to watch his highlights. I noticed some are from the NC State floor, did he play on a travel club that played some games down south in the summer? AAU?

Thanks again, and welcome to the forum.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamhome11 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 pm

The Assistant wrote:We should be thanking you for putting the video together in memory of him. Was really neat to watch his highlights. I noticed some are from the NC State floor, did he play on a travel club that played some games down south in the summer? AAU?

Thanks again, and welcome to the forum.

After having tapes of games on VHS for many years, I felt it was necessary to put some highlights on the internet. Those NC State games were from when Concord HS got invited their for the Glaxo Welcome tourny with Oak Hill Academy and other incredible teams in the nation. It was an insane tournament to witness. It was Randy and Bonners senior year at CHS.

dreamhome11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum