New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

NH FB Recruits

4 posters

Go down

NH FB Recruits Empty NH FB Recruits

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 am

Just warming myself up for the upcoming season. Getting quite a bit of Salem chatter, well deserved, but no mention yet of one of the young stars in NH that very well could take Nashua South to the title game this year...Keith Farkas.

BleacherReports Top Player in Each State - NH

Commitment: Uncommited

You have to dig deep to find a name for a prospect in the state of New Hampshire. Most outlets will not even list a prospect, but at the end of the line we come up with quarterback Keith Farkas from Nashua South high school.

He's yet to receive an offer from any Division I programs though there's reportedly interest from Boston College and UConn.

He's also getting interest from Rutgers, Columbia, Bryant and Stanford.

Who else is out there getting D1 interest?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

NH FB Recruits Empty Re: NH FB Recruits

Post  Sam Linebacker Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Contact New Hampshire Football Report's Roger Brown. He covers recruiting in the Northeast for ESPN.

Sam Linebacker
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks for the tip. Razz

Roger still updates his http://www.nhfootballreport.com/ website but yes he also contributes at ESPNBoston High Schools and ESPNU. Marc Thaler is also now contributing there as well.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Linebacker Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Roger wrote about Matt Cannone today. Getting looks from UNH and UMass, among others. He said there are at least five D1 QBs in NH -- Farkas, Cronan, Cannone ... who are the others? Cuipa? Carney?

Sam Linebacker
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  NHsportsfan Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:26 pm

5 D1 QB's in one year from NH? That would be incredible. I find it hard to believe but if true that would be great. In the last ten years how many QB's from NH has gone D1 or D1 aa?

NHsportsfan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Linebacker Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Off the top of my head I can think of four in the last three years: Cronan (Marist), Vailas (UNH), the kid from Pinkerton who played at Phillips Andover and the Nashua South quarterback who was at UConn, but had to stop playing because of concussions. I'm sure there are many more I don't know about.

I could see five this year, especially if there's any talent in the three lower divisions. Of course they may not all end up as QBs in college.

Sam Linebacker
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  NHsportsfan Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm

The kid from south played baseball and walked on football his sophomore year as a safety or corner. The pinkerton kid (farris?) is at Yale still at QB with chance to play tis year. Is Cronan playing QB at Marist? The only point I am making is if there really is 5 legit propects at QB this year (to play qb in college) it would be amazing because unless I am missing someone there is no one from NH playing qb at the d1 or d1aa level from NH in as many years as I can remember. Can anyone help with some names of some??

NHsportsfan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Linebacker Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Like I said, Vailas is playing QB at UNH. Played a lot in the scrimmage last week. Again, without giving it much thought, there's Ryan Day from Central who also started at QB for UNH. I've only lived in NH since 2006, so I'm sure there are more I'm not familiar with. I'm guessing Cannone, Farkas, Carney and Cuipa will all receive some D1 interest. It does seem like a good year for QBs in NH.

Sam Linebacker
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

NH FB Recruits Empty RE: NH FB Recruits

Post  Raider Fan Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 am

We live in the Upper Valley, in DIV country. Just watched some video on Farkas...must be fun watching him play on Friday nights. Carney plays for Hanover which is DIV, but the kid is great! Hanover also has a stud of a FB named Staiger.

Lebanon also has some good old and young talent as well up here. Cody Patch (Sr) and Chris Barker (Jr) as RBs, and a beast of a OL/DL Alexander Morril (Jr). They also have a Sophmore starting at ILB and FB Dylan Drew who is young, but will be very good.

It sure is fun to watch what some of these kids do when they lace them up.

Raider Fan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum