@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Rafer Alston and the NY Panthers

Go down

Rafer Alston and the NY Panthers Empty Rafer Alston and the NY Panthers

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Last night the Jayhawks were part of the biggest joke I have seen in AAU to date. With about 7 minutes to go down 1 a foul was called on Sterling Gibbs of NY. He has just committed to Maryland. He pushed off and was called for a offensive foul. After he went at Mike and bumped him to try to intimidate him but only got laughed at and T'd up. The coach of the Panthers NBA player Rafer Alston then made Gibbs apologize and pulled his team off the floor and left. Never seen that. Not sure what his goal is to teach these boys but I doubt quitting is something that anyone needs to learn in life.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Rafer Alston and the NY Panthers Empty Re: Rafer Alston and the NY Panthers

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Maybe he thought he was teaching his team a lesson by sending them a message that they do not deserve to play when the behave in the manner it appears Gibbs did. Hard for me to say since I wasn't there, that is unfortunate for all involved though.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Rafer Alston and the NY Panthers Empty I think he was...

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 pm

I know what you mean Assistant. Hard to get into his head even being there. The game was going well with both teams playing hard and while he would not even acknowledge the parents questions as he left the floor it seemed as if he was embarrassed to be part of his players performance and was looking for a way out. I preach a lot about not being willing to quit anything you do because it becomes easy to make that a habit. However the list of teams that the Jayhawks beat this weekend is long enough that this incident should not diminish what they did over the weekend. I hope they can continue on this road in Orlando showing how good this team and it's players are playing. It is a great group of kids and the work they have done will hopefully reap the rewards.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Rafaer Alston also goes by the name "Skip to my Lou" so...there ya go...

On one side it sounds like he's trying to send a message...a good message...to play for him you need to conduct yourself as a professional, adult and make good choices, or the team doesn't play. It seems a little harsh to pull the entire team for one players actions however.

On the other side who knows maybe he just didn't want to lose to a bunch of NH kids...either way I would agree sounds like he did the wrong thing.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum