New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Hazleton Out at RAC????

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty Hazleton Out at RAC????

Post  Hoopguy23 Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 am

Dana Barros and swish123 coming in??
Is it possible for somebody to do better than what Hazleton has done there? And hasnt Barros already had a place close down in Foxboro??

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty Why so angry?

Post  basketballtime Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:07 am

From an outside point of view you seem to have something against this program? Is there some truth to it?

Hoosierdaddy33 on Mon May 03, 2010 6:51 am

Ok so I spent most of this weekend going in and out of the Rac in Plaistow for this years State Tourney and I want to share some of my thoughts.

Several issues with this years AAU tourney that I think we have to fix before our state tournament is taken seriously by the players and the fans of basketball in NH.

First complaint is the lack of a person at the RAC that knows the rules of the NEAAU bylaws. It was very apparent that the tourney this year was treated as just another tourney at the RAC. I think someone from our state needs to be more involved in AAU at both the regional and national level.

Second, Scorekeepers and scoreboard people seemed very easily distracted and preoccupied with other things and mistakes with scores were made in games. I know this may seem small but when you consider that some teams play in states for the reason of qualifying to play in the national tourney making sure scores are correct should be given the highest attention.

Third, One big trophy? No Medals? No T shirts for sale or for winning the title?

The tourney has gotten smaller,become less of an event and the luster of being the state champs seems to be a non factor for most of the older players in the state.

I would love to open discussions of how we can make this better and bring it back to how it was 6 to 7 years ago. Let the debate begin.

I was under the impression that Scotts father started and ran the whole program and scott just helped out? I believe he was only running the girls program before he as you say left?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty Re: Hazleton Out at RAC????

Post  EBlessNHSP Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 am

basketballtime those are 2 different posters, and I fail to see the point of your post?

It did not appear to me that Hoopguy23 had anything against the program. I think he probably just visited their website and was wondering what was up...

http://www.racathletics.com/
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty My point

Post  basketballtime Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 am

Sorry i just looked at it quickly and though i saw hoosierdaddy when it was really hoopguy but then again hoosierdaddy has a few aliases as we all know. But my point was it wasn't Scott running the program it's his father. I was stating a fact that's all. Now if that's true that dana barro's would be coming in instead of Scott being there is that such a bad thing? The way that hoopguy says that barros had a place shut down in Foxboro seems like he wouldn't do a good job? I think Barros has a little more experiance then Scott and even worked or works with the Celtics so i actually would think it would be an upgrade in my opinion don't you?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:37 am

I am definitely just one person with no aliases on here...not my style.

If i reread your post basketballtime it seems that u have a problem with Scott's program. You can take anything you read and twist it in your own mind. The point of my post is Scott and Vin seemed to have something really good going there. Place was packed every weekend and weekdays they had a basketball Academy and practices so the RAC had business in and out everyday.
And I was only referring to what I know of about his place in Foxboro or Mansfield (wherever it was) closing.

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty No twisting just reading what you wrote.

Post  basketballtime Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 am

This is your post isn't it?

Is it possible for somebody to do better than what Hazleton has done there? And hasnt Barros already had a place close down in Foxboro??

Ok so anyone that reads your post can see that you think that scott would do a better job than Barros lets not kid each other theres no twisting here. But really do you think Scott would be better than Barros? If so lets hear your thought on that one. And i don't know a whole lot about how scott did there as far as coaching the kids except that he's a great guy and the kids love him. so no i don't have anything against him or for him for that matter.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm

That is my post and my point being is that the place was packed every weekend and almost daily. is it possible for Barros to come in and do better? seems like a risk to me and seems that they are doing it based on the fact he did play in the NBA.

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty Risk?

Post  basketballtime Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:47 pm

What risk would that be? If your comparing a guy who was in the nba for 14 years and one of the best shooters in the league who also happens to be the second leading scorer of all time in the big east with over 2500 points and has been in doing this a lot longer then Scott has then I'm a little confused with your logic that it would be a risk?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:19 pm

you are really good at stats but im not talking basketball knowledge or who scored more im talking financially for the RAC! and wouldnt it be a risk regardless of where he has played in bringing in someone who has had a building closed on them for financial reasons and have somebody out of the RAC that has established he can bring in the money and had the building packed on a consistent basis? they are taking a risk that he can bring in more people and generate more $$$! are they not? to me scott had a great thing going and the rivals are a well known name in the AAU world...and most of the kids where from this area and like you already said most do like him and will probably continue to play for him. basketball knowledge wise obviously barros has alot to offer. nevermind the fact that most parents of the aau program that was shutdown in mansfield/foxboro feel that barros did them wrong by not financially taking care of them. so my guess would be we wont see alot of them traveling up to play out of this facility.

so is that not a risk the RAC is taking?

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 pm

It will be interesting to see how Barros' AAU program develops at the RAC. Coates and Hazelton have a lot of NH talent in their programs. Where will Barros get his NH talent? Will some NH players defect from the Coates and Hazelton's programs and go to Barros? Will Barros have more of a Mass flavor in his program at the RAC? These are all legitimate questions that will be answered over the next year or two. There will be an interesting transition period there at the RAC. There were some good people that worked in the Rivals' program.

Some of the parting of the ways between the Rivals and the RAC may have been due to the RAC seeking other non-basketball money making events to be added to their schedule. There were a lot of dynamics at play in the Rivals-RAC relationship. Sometimes, in the business of basketball people don't see eye to eye or some one wants more out of a situation that the other person or entity can't provide.

The Barros program will have a lot to prove as they move into the RAC. Time will tell if they can swim with the AAU tide or get run over by the pounding of the AAU waves.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHsportsfan Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey guys the thing you have to realize is that it is all about the buck. They could all do a great job and have all the kids happy and getting better but if it is not cost effective it does not matter. The bottom line is the place could be full but not an effective way to pay the bills...

NHsportsfan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty Barros owner?

Post  basketballtime Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 am

I heard through the grape vine that barros was looking to purchase the RAC if thats true then things change completely.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 pm

I better go buy a membership before rates roll up then!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:53 am

Asst, just tell the RAC you know Jeremy L. I'm sure this has to get you at least a 10 to 20 percent discount at the RAC accounts receivable desk. Being a colleague of Jeremy has to be worth something, right?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:50 pm

well that didnt take long....Barros already out at the RAC??

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Is this a rumor? or do you have some proof?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm

i have reliable sources (parents of kids I coach that go and play there) and also he is completely down off the website the same way Hazleton was!!!
one thing I have heard is that he was looking to buy....if he now knows the financial side of what they are facing he possible could have gotten out hoping that they face foreclosure and scoop up the place that way....just a rumor on that one though....

Not sure what to think as they have gone through quite a few people in that basketball operations position. Matt Regan-Scott hazleton-Vin Pastore-Dana Barros just to name a few. Maybe having a name there isnt the right way to go???

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Who says Barros is out at the RAC?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:46 pm

A parent of a kid that is a member of the RAC informed me that Barros was out? If anyone knows something different then let it be known im going by what i heard.

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty Let's ask Jeremy L

Post  basketballtime Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Doesn't Jeremy work at the RAC you know he has to know what's going on.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

well this site is still up - but I couldn't figure out how to get there from their main website, a google search turned it up though...

http://racathletics.com/sports_spectacular10.htm

and this event has not even happened yet...maybe it won't?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm just digesting Jeremy's explanation of what happened with the parting of the ways between Hazelton and the RAC. Now I have to start eating and digesting the explanation of Barros leaving the RAC shortly after Hazelton's departure?

I'm going to gain blogging pounds.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Hazleton Out at RAC???? Empty so what happened with hazelton and barros?

Post  basketballtime Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 pm

So the world would love to know what's going on over there?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopguy23 Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 am

I'd love to hear why Scott was out and then I'd love to hear why Barros was out so quickly!

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:38 am

Jeremy should give the explanation as he knows it first hand. I could give you the explanation, but it would be 2nd hand on Hazy's departure. I don't want to deviate from the details.

Jeremy, if you can break away from your attending summer league games, please fill in the Forum fans on this development.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum