New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Alosa going for Plymouth State job?

+3
Tuesday and Friday
basketballtime
tarrier
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alosa going for Plymouth State job? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alosa going for Plymouth State job?

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm

"He went on to coach Pembroke in 2006 and now it seems he want's to leave that program and go try college ball. Is there a trend there about moving on and leaving things when the tough get going?"

I fail to see where he would be leaving things when the tough get going at Pembroke. The Spartans have been one of the best HS programs in the state under Alosa the last few years. They went to the semis last season and the finals this season. I have seen Pembroke play a few times in the last couple of years and have been impressed with their uptempo style of offense. Win or lose Pembroke always plays an intense game and leaves it all on the floor. The Pembroke players are an extension of their coach and this has shown to be a good extension. Next year Pembroke will have one of the better teams in Class I again. So, as far as "leaving things when the tough get going", with regards to Alosa at Pembroke, I don't see it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Alosa going for Plymouth State job? - Page 2 Empty Not winning it all.

Post  basketballtime Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 am

If you look at next year does Pembroke win it all? I doubt it and so with Alosa knowing that why would we stay if he has a shot at a college job? So yes i think he's trying get the Plymouth job and yes i thiink he knows next year will be tough if not impossible to win.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Alosa going for Plymouth State job? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alosa going for Plymouth State job?

Post  Hoopguy23 Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am

do you think the AD is gonna ask why he played on different overseas teams like you mentioned? Maybe the AD would ask why he left Providence but then again he left for his reasons, who is anyone to knock him from transferring! And im sure Matt isnt thinking about well can I win it this year or not because knowing him from playing alot of summer ball together through the years he thinks he is gonna win a state title every year. Its how he is and always will be. So i too fail to see how he moves on when the going gets tough especially at Pembroke!

Hoopguy23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu May 20, 2010 8:37 am

Let's not confuse "tough for Pembroke to win it all next season" with "leaving while the tough gets going."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu May 20, 2010 9:03 am

Using that logic I guess we should mention EJ Perry and every other NHIAA coach that's moved on that didn't win thier respective state title last year or aren't the favorite next year?

I think this situation is just like any other new job opportunity that's offering more money and a sweeter job description. Unless PA has a real sweet benefits package fortheir coaching staff I can't see any reason not to move on as long as it's up.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime Thu May 20, 2010 10:16 am

The Assistant wrote:Using that logic I guess we should mention EJ Perry and every other NHIAA coach that's moved on that didn't win thier respective state title last year or aren't the favorite next year?

I think this situation is just like any other new job opportunity that's offering more money and a sweeter job description. Unless PA has a real sweet benefits package fortheir coaching staff I can't see any reason not to move on as long as it's up.

That's my point he's not stupid and yes he knows he will not win it next year who doesn't? Sorry but not buying the he thinks he will win it every year stuff. And so if he see's a better opportunity then of course he will shoot for it but my point stands it's what the AD of Plymouth thinks and it all comes down to who can bring the best into the team and who has the most bullets. And in this world in every type of business it's the guy who has the most experience and a great track record that ends up with the job.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Alosa going for Plymouth State job? - Page 2 Empty Not Always

Post  Hoosierdaddy33 Thu May 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Some AD's take chances on guys with experience at other levels don't they? I mean this guy may know the Alosa reputation and decide that for the size school that PSU is that he would out recruit others that have less of a name and did not play professionally. There is a chance isn't there?

Hoosierdaddy33
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Hoosierdaddy33 wrote:Some AD's take chances on guys with experience at other levels don't they? I mean this guy may know the Alosa reputation and decide that for the size school that PSU is that he would out recruit others that have less of a name and did not play professionally. There is a chance isn't there?

I'm quite sure you don't have to play semi pro ball to get a head coaching job in college LOL.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Alosa going for Plymouth State job? - Page 2 Empty In other words

Post  Hoosierdaddy33 Thu May 20, 2010 5:16 pm

So in other words Alosa may be over qualified? So your saying he is not as qualified as the other guys but more qualified than the other guys? Talk about a LOL.

Hoosierdaddy33
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 pm

I heard that's where LeBron is going... leaving the NBA to coach PSU

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2