@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

My Thoughts on the AAU Tourney This Year

Go down

My Thoughts on the AAU Tourney This Year Empty My Thoughts on the AAU Tourney This Year

Post  Hoosierdaddy33 on Mon May 03, 2010 8:51 am

Ok so I spent most of this weekend going in and out of the Rac in Plaistow for this years State Tourney and I want to share some of my thoughts.

Several issues with this years AAU tourney that I think we have to fix before our state tournament is taken seriously by the players and the fans of basketball in NH.

First complaint is the lack of a person at the RAC that knows the rules of the NEAAU bylaws. It was very apparent that the tourney this year was treated as just another tourney at the RAC. I think someone from our state needs to be more involved in AAU at both the regional and national level.

Second, Scorekeepers and scoreboard people seemed very easily distracted and preoccupied with other things and mistakes with scores were made in games. I know this may seem small but when you consider that some teams play in states for the reason of qualifying to play in the national tourney making sure scores are correct should be given the highest attention.

Third, One big trophy? No Medals? No T shirts for sale or for winning the title?

The tourney has gotten smaller,become less of an event and the luster of being the state champs seems to be a non factor for most of the older players in the state.

I would love to open discussions of how we can make this better and bring it back to how it was 6 to 7 years ago. Let the debate begin.

Hoosierdaddy33
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum