@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

th street stpos here...

Go down

th street stpos here... Empty th street stpos here...

Post  krs-one on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Hey fellow hoop junkies...today @ 2;30 on wgbh, there will be an amazing documentary on St. Anthony basketball and Coach Bob Hurley...Coach Hurley will be the third high school coach to reach the Basketball Hall of Fame, later this year...Happy Easter and enjoy... go Duke.

krs-one
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

th street stpos here... Empty Re: th street stpos here...

Post  goldenbear on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:47 pm

**EDITED** Not sure what that brought to the table Goldenbear?

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 am

I've been meaning to catch this documentary, but keep missing it. I've heard good things about it, and I think it will be an eye opener to some people about how intense high school basketball is, everywhere you go.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  krs-one on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:55 am

agreed, high school hoops can be a beast...whether it's NH or NJ, there's so much that goes into being special...it's amazing what some people give back everyday...I also suggest the book, Miracle of St. Anthony...

krs-one
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Where not allowed to bash a Duke a style of basketball that is wrong and ruinng the game. Any fan of Duke is not fan of basketball. Floping is dangerous and dirty and Duke is the king of the flop. And the drive and kick in not basketball.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:00 am

Not sure I understand Goldenbear...what's wrong with the penetrate and kick the ball out to an open man brand of basketball? Only about half the Class L teams in NH use it. Drawing the defense in to leave other men open has been used since the beginning of basketball, ask Pete Maravich, Magic Johnson, Phil Ford, or any other great point guard or penetrating player. Not sure I get why you don't think that strategy is "basketball"...

As for flopping...eh...not a huge fan but it can be a game changer if you draw a charge. As long as the player is here first, is it really a flop? If the referees would call it correctly (a very hard thing to do), players would not need to flop to embellish the fact that the offensive player was out of control. I'm a huge UNC fan and by no means a Duke fan, but I think it's a stretch to say the Duke brand of basketball is ruining the game.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  krs-one on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:23 am

Not a fan of basketball???Please don't judge those you don't know...I'm a fan of great play, whether the style is up tempo or not...have a wonderful weekend.

krs-one
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum