New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules.

+2
Big Guy
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 pm

The seedings of the top 10 teams in Class L are wide open with 3 games left. There are some teams that could go from a top 4 seed to hosting a prelim game to going on the road for a prelim game in the next 8 days. No seed is safe right now. Class L does not have to worry about the Heal Standings which I see is being greeted like a knock at your front door sales solicitation by the Class I fans right now. In Class L to obtain a better seed for the playoffs all you have to do is worry about your team and for the most part:

"Just Win Baby."

Here are the top 10 teams, their records and remaining schedules for playoff implications:

#1 Winny 13 – 2 At BG, Keene and at Alvrine. Winny has the inside track to the top seed if they win their remaining games.

#2 Trinity 12 – 3 At South, at Pinky and Concord. Trinity has an easier schedule and will most likely obtain a top 4 seed.

#3 Merrimack 12 – 3 Memorial, at Goffstown and Londonderry. 2 weeks ago the Tomahawks had the #1 seed tucked securely in their pocket. Now, after losses on the road to Trinity and Pinkerton and a big home game with Memorial on Friday, they are in a rock fight for a top 4 seed.

#4 BG 11 – 4 Winny, at West and Gtown. BG contols their own destiny. Win the last 3 and you host the first 2 playoff games at the Colligidome. If they lose to Winny on Friday then a mad scramble will ensue for the top 4 seeds.

#5 Dover 11 – 4 Gtown, at Timby and Exeter. With an easier schedule the Green Wave will secure a prelim home game. They will need a lot of help to get one of the top 4 seeds.

#6 West 11-4 At North, BG and Spaulding. Its conceivable West could lose 2 of their last 3 or their last 3 games and in 2 weeks go from a top 4 seed to falling to as low as a #10 to #11 seed.

#7 Pinkerton 11 – 4 At Alvrine, Trinity and at South. Pinkerton could have a wild swing up with 2 wins or down with 2 losses. They can secure a top 8 seed with a victory over Alvrine. To have a chance at a top 4 seed they must beat Alvrine and Trinity.

#8 Memorial 10 – 5 At Merrimack, South and at Keene. Memorial needs to win out and receive a lot of help in order to obtain the #4 seed and the 2 potential home games that come with it. The Crusaders could finish any where from 4th to 10th when all the games are completed.

#9 Salem 9 – 6 Timby, at Concord and Central. A home prelim game is still in the cards for the Blue Devils, but they could finish anywhere from 8th to 13th. Tiebreakers do not favor Salem with all the teams they are bunched with right now. A huge game with Central finishes their regular season. Who really wants to play this team right now if they have a full healthy squad?

#10 Alvrine 8 – 7 Pinkerton, at Londonderry and Winny. The Broncos have the most difficult remaining schedule left of the top 10 teams in Class L. They can’t move up that much with a victory or two in their last 3 games, Because of head to head tie breakers, but they will drop a lot if they lose 1 or 2 of their remaining 3 games.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty Re: Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules.

Post  Big Guy Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Hey T&F ,I get a headache trying to figure out who will be where in the seedings.I do know this the 1st round will not be a cakewalk for the top 4. Exeter is a very scary team,lots of veteran leaders,who with a little luck could very well be 10-4.They will be playing a top 4 seed. North,lots of athletes,I know they play better at home,but on any given night.They will be playing a top 4 seed. My point is nobody should feel safe, seriously there is a dozen teams that could win it.Wouldn't it be funny if the top 4 advance to Durham after everybody saying it's wide open.Three upcoming games that I am interested in,BG-Winnie,Merrimack- Memorial, {friday}and Trinity-Pinkerton {next week}.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty Re: Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Big Guy, is it the possible seeding scenario giving you a headache or are you wearing that 1978 Allen Iverson turtleneck today?

Tough call for tomorrow, but I'm going to Tomahawk Land to catch the Memorial at Merrimack game. You can relax Big Guy. I won't be bringing any of your skeletons from my closet to the Colligidome tomorrow night.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 am

Might be alot of games postponed due to the loss of power thruout the granite state.Merrimack has power,or at least my section of Merrimack.WOW,I just turned on channel 9 and there are at least 8 roads closed in merrimack,I don't know if its flooding or downed trees,route 3 is open ,but alot of main roads closed.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 am

Main roads in the brentwood, fremont, epping, raymond area are closed all over the place. Last reports from PSNH are 237,000 customer out of power compared with the 340,000 or so that lost it last year during the ice storm. I expect a faster response this year, but you never know.

Rt. 125 and 107 are closed in my area down by Fremont. My guess is no games tonight, but if anybody hears anything please post it here.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty tonight's games

Post  tarrier Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 am

I just spoke with someone at the NHIAA who said they hadn't received any cancellations as of 9:45am this morning. She said if they do receive any they will most likely post a special alert button on the homepage of their website www.nhiaa.org
With schools already closed this week because of vacation it's not a surprise these decisions haven't been made as of yet, but that could very well change. Stay tuned.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

As of right now my people tell me BG is still a go, but my people have been wrong before.My people told me canada was a lock against the US last week.That being said if it is the only game in the state T@f you are not welcomed there.You made your choice to go to tomahawk land,and you will have to stick with it.Lund rd is not a 2nd choice my friend, and we don't cotton to johnee come lately types like T@f. Sorry, I forgot it's lent, I gotta be nicer, T@ F you are always welcome in THE NEST,even if it is your last choice.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty Alvirne/Pinkerton in Hudson is on!

Post  tarrier Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Kevin Bonney justed texted me to say the game is on for tonight! 7pm tip!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:20 pm

I think pinkerton`is playing great,but isn't Alvirne due to beat someone good,or should I say overdue.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty Merrimack/Memorial

Post  tarrier Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Mike Fitzpatrick says as of now(1:24pm) the game is still on in Merrimack!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams: Playoffs and remaining schedules. Empty if keene wins tonight,{concord}

Post  Big Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 pm

it gives them 4 wins,tied with gtown.If they both finish with 4 wins who gets the tiebreaker.Personally,I think Keene shouldn't make it because 2 of their wins are against conval who don't even play in class L.However,the nhiaa doesn't listen to me so what is the tiebreaker.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbles Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Trinity bus has just left for Nashua South. Game still on

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Dover against Goffstown is now on Monday - most of Dover is without power still.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbles Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Anyone have BG/Winny Score?

bubbles
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 pm

bg dusted winnie by 14 or 16 in a game that wasn't that close.mclung and green had monster nites,looks like that blueprint of playing zone against bg might have to go back to the drawing board.Winnie didn't impress me at all.

Big Guy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum