New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Heal? What is it good for?

2 posters

Go down

Heal? What is it good for? Empty Heal? What is it good for?

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:55 pm

So what is more important? Preliminary or Tournament index? What decides the playoff seeding and if only one does what is the other used for?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Heal? What is it good for? Empty Re: Heal? What is it good for?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Well I mean both are important, but when it comes down to seeding the tournament index is what determines seeding. (From my understanding) The Prelim. Index determines your tourney index and is also where you also get awarded for points for victories, if that makes sense but i'm sure you've seen this chikid but i'll post the link, any way because I understand it but I just can't imagine trying to explain it over a blog.

http://nhiaa.org/PDFs/2674/HealPointsinfo.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbballfan Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 pm

My question about the heal-system is why even bother having the two index's? From my understanding the tournament index is the only one that matters so why even waste the time coming up with a preliminary index. Seems to me that the NHIAA went way to far with this idea, i'm in favor of rewarding teams for strength of schedule but this is just way too confusing for everyone. Hopefully the system they come up with for next year will have more success and cause less confusion then the heal-system has.

nhbballfan
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down