@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Something I forgot to mention

Go down

Something I forgot to mention Empty Something I forgot to mention

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Just a little tidbit from last weeks game at Hollis. We often here of the bad fans and the bad things kids do on the news but sometimes kids do something with the best intent that goes unmentioned. At the Hollis game last week the teams were announced and the announcer then mentioned that the person that was suppose to sing the national anthem was ill and couldn't be there and that they had no recording so the game would start without the anthem. As the non starters returned to the bench and the starters headed toward center court several of the Milford fans began singing the national anthem. As more heard it the entire gym stood and followed suit. The players were at center court and the referee's seemed to be the only ones not acknowledging the anthem. Both Milford and Hollis players stopped and pointed to get the referee's to honor the fans version. The gym was quiet and most people as they heard it joined in. It was truly a classy version and a very neat way to start a high school game. To take nothing from the special people that honor the flag and sing the anthem before these events but this to me was more special and even more heart felt than the norm. Special praise to the Milford student body who stood up when others sat down to show respects to this great country. Hats off to them!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Something I forgot to mention Empty Re: Something I forgot to mention

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Nice to see you even give the referees flack about the turn of events for the National Anthem:)

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Something I forgot to mention Empty No Flack, just like most nights the call was right even if it took them way to long to get it.

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

No Flack, just like most nights the call was right even if it took them way to long to get it.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Something I forgot to mention Empty However

Post  chicagokid43 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

It is funny that you were so worried that the refs looked bad that you did not even notice the nice thing the kids did.. That was the Point big guy! lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Something I forgot to mention Empty Re: Something I forgot to mention

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum